Xyver

MOD: Service Station & Garage

indexed.gif B-OV-35E

I've been trying to re-create some of the great sets I missed during my dark ages and thought I'd give 7642-Garage a go after finding the Red Scarf Crook hiding in there (from Spot the Crook book)

After building it, I was wondering what the long part on the right was actually for, then figured it'd be perfect as a car wash. So I changed the colour scheme to the Red/Green Octan style and put in the rollers from 4207 City Garage that I just bought (but with no intention to build). I also put the petrol pumps out front and some of the vehicles using the facilities.

I've used some of the stickers from the new set to give it a better feel.

Anyway, here's the end result, it fits nicely into a spare space in my city that I had.

Service-front.jpg

Mum is filling up her van getting ready to pick the kids up from school, looks like the next petrol deliver is on its way.

Service-pump.jpg

Car Wash time (the car doesn't actually go through, the brushes don't give that much, is that right or have I put the walls too close?)

Service-carwash.jpg

trying to re-create the vehicle lift was fun, no wonder they made a special piece for it

Service-garage.jpg

The Office

Service-office.jpg

Service-overview.jpg

Service-frontright.jpg

Nice job! And I believe you put the walls too close, because back when Lego made the Shell station sets, the car was was usable there. I think it was 8 or 10 studs wide and had a rubber band attached to the tops of the washer arms to give them some resistance.

Excellent modifications to the 2009 garage with parts from the new one :grin: ....I always thought the 2009 one should have come with a set of bowsers. :wink:

I like it a lot actually....I wonder if someone will also fuse a 7993 from 2007 into the mix one day ? :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'Xyver' ! :classic:

This layout doesn't quite fit into my city, there is no rear access to the car wash. I'll have to rearrange and modify it tonight to get a better fit and might try and add the 7993 shop and roof into the mix.

I have downloaded the instructions and will post some more photos once I'm done.

I agree it will be better with a rear exit point on the car wash, but why not expand the garage office with a shop design either from the 7993 or perhaps the little 1999 Shell Select shop which actually for being a TownJr design quite detailed (in fact more detailed than the 7993). :blush:

I've rearranged it so it now sits on a corner. It is 2x32 baseplates wide and mostly 1x32 deep. The office now sits at the back of the mechinic station, so that end is 40 deep and the shop sits 6 over the back (mainly because the base I have my own cafe corner on is 26 deep and otherwise they'd overlap)

There is enough room move a car in between the shop and the carwash, but may reduce the length of the carwash by 2 studs to make it a bit better.

As you can see from the overhead shots, this layout doesn't fit in with the standard road plates, but once I have enough bley plates to do the footpaths of my town I'll tile the area to make it work.

Service2-overhead.jpg

Service2-front.jpg

Service2-carwash.jpg

I've added a shop on the back, it is based on the building from 7993, though larger.

Service2-shop.jpg

The roof over the pumps is the one from 7993, just two studs wider (deeper in this picture) so its the same width as the new pumps

Service2-pumproof.jpg

mechanic bay and shop (with pumps removed) you can just make out the office at the back.

Service2-garage.jpg

I'm all but out of green 1x plates now, hence the 2x on the roof of the shop. I had to raid my Space Centre launchpad to get enough red tiles too.

I think these sets fit together quite well and are more realistic of the service stations around here.

Now that's a service station 'Xyver' ! :excited:

Now an interior for the shop ? :wink:

Besides I :wub: the driveway area and great idea offsetting the workshop are to one side.....only a roof would complete that part. :wink:

Excellent work 'Xyver' and Brick On ! :classic:

I've added a roof to the service area and decided to tile the ground to get around the road problems. I also put the carwash on an angle to fit it in better.

I would like to put up a price sign somewhere but not sure where as there isn't much room left.

The roof for the mechanics area is high because I have included the moving beam for the winch as per the original 7642, though I haven't built the winch as yet.

Service1-front.jpg

Service1-low.jpg

Service1-pumps.jpg

Service1-mechanic.jpg

Service1-carwash.jpg

Service1-topview.jpg

Looks better every time you make changes and that palm tree totally rocks ! :grin:

Brick On 'Xyver' ! :classic:

I thought a tree would look great in the garden bed I'd made, then saw it sitting on my table after making the Seaside House and figured it'd fit right in.

Ah, but silly me forgot to say about the office for the workshop....quite a bit of free air conditioning there eh ? :laugh:

I agree that palm tree looks great! I also really like the you angled the carwash :thumbup:

So there will be a moveable winch in the mechanics area, sounds like a cool feature :classic: