P@u!+ox

LEGO Fanwelt Cologne

Hi,

Has anyone experience with LEGO Fanwelt? Is it worth going?

I'm thinking of going there as an exhibitor. Should I go, what should I expect?

Please let me know your advice.

Greatings,

Paul

I have been two years in a row in 2008 and 2009

and I can say that this is one of the most beautiful and spacious living close to lego belgium and holland

I was disappointed when I learned that it was void in 2010 and 2011

So this year I will return with great pleasure so it was wonderful

Hi

i have never joined such a meeting, but i am highly interested.

Can anybody tell me what to expect there and if this fits also to a 4yo child?

I am expecting to see hughe MOCs and dioramas and private sales booth as well where i could get good deals :)

Will we be disappointed?

Dino

I have been to the Fanwelt the last time (was that really three years ago???). It's a great source of insporation and there is A LOT to see.

Fanwelt is placed in the "Messehallen" (fair hall), what makes it less comfortable compared to smaller rooms, but the halls provide enough space to display all of the stuff.

Last time my personal problem was my two sons lost interest pretty soon. I would have spend twice the time at least, but the didn't let me. :hmpf_bad:

So for a 4-year old that could be a problem (my younger son was 3 years older then).

I just checked the official webpage - yes, there will be private sales, what I didn't recall. :blush:

I'll be there on Staurday, 24th. I'll be wearing my XL-brick tag, so you'll propably will find me.

Again I'm just visiting and not displaying. And my two sons again will be there, too. This time I will stay whatever they say. :devil:

I'm going - for the first time - and will be there from Friday to Sunday along with Megan Rothrock to promote her LEGO Adventure Book (link is to the glowing review it received on TBB yesterday). It'll be the first chance to get hold of it in Europe, but we'll be bringing a limited number of books (it's all Megan could get hold of at this stage) so if anybody's planning on getting it, Friday is a good time.

Looking forward to meeting a couple of you guys as well - and hopefully seeing a lot of great MOCs! I'll be bringing some of my cars that are in the book.

Edited by L@go

The cover of the book already had drawn my attention. I have to get into some reviews to decide whether it is something for me. I am happy to meet you there, it's my first time as well. I come along with my friend and EB member herrJJ, who also likes to build cars in 5w and 7w. He will be very excited when he sees your cars, I think. :grin:

I'll be there as well on friday! Looking forward seeing all the mocs and maybe L@go can convince me to buy the book before it's sold out.

I'm going - for the first time - and will be there from Friday to Sunday along with Megan Rothrock to promote her LEGO Adventure Book (link is to the glowing review it received on TBB yesterday). It'll be the first chance to get hold of it in Europe, but we'll be bringing a limited number of books (it's all Megan could get hold of at this stage) so if anybody's planning on getting it, Friday is a good time.

Looking forward to meeting a couple of you guys as well - and hopefully seeing a lot of great MOCs! I'll be bringing some of my cars that are in the book.

Well, my copy will arrive on Monday, just in time to bring it along and maybe get it signed. :wink:

I will be bringing part of my layout to Fanwelt.

I noticed your name on the exhibitor list, Vincent, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing your stuff up close! You know I've been a fan of your buildings for a long time, so it'll be so nice to have a closer look at them - and to put a face to the name :)

Do you bring Mocs by yourself, Ecclesiastes? I love your historical Mocs!

No unfortunately not, I'll be just visiting!

Just sitting in the train on our way back. I missed some people, I expected to be there (didn't spot you, L@go?!). But it was great fun and there have been some really great MOCs. I can recommend going there. With your ticket you are allowed to go to two other exhibitions in the next hall as well. There was a meeting of "Steam-fans" with real working steam trains. :D That was very funny.

I will upload my photos later on and post them here. I had not much energy left while taking those pics, so they are of very bad quality. But perhaps you will like them anyway.

We got delayed quite a bit because of bad traffic and didn't make it to the hall until three minutes before seven - so we didn't get to set up our stuff yesterday. Instead, we got up at 6.30 today to go and set up now... yawn. So sorry (and so annoyed!) to have missed you!

Edited by L@go

Yeah, I really looked forward. But don't mind, things like that happen.

We have been there on thursday from 4 till 6 pm and friday from 12 till 16 pm. We had a great time.