Sign in to follow this  
BearHeart

Revived Castle Theme

With the news/rumours of a new castle theme coming in the near future, tell us what you'd like to see included in this theme. It can be anything from types and colors of bricks to whole sets you'd like to see.

For me, I'd like to see:

1) Several distinct factions each with its own heraldry or colours. Not just generic knight armies but also bandit factions and the like

2) The return of classic weapons (ei the classic swords) and armour (classic visors) but in the new speckeled iron paint.

3) More earth-based tones such as grey for stone and brown for wood. No jellybean colours especially for armour or buildings.

4) More horses included in the sets.

5) Printing on torsos under the armour (there is a another thread about this)

6) No more catapults!!!! But I would like to see more realistic siege engines such as a trebuchet (doesnt have to be a functioning one)

7) More civilians (ei, blacksmits, merchants, etc)

8) More details in the buildings like some of the harry potter sets had. Ex. tables and shelves with bottles, scrolls, maps, etc.

..... that all I can think of for now... I'll post more ideas as they come.

Civilians

I want a jester! A bard! A pub! We need citizens for the knights to protect.

And also what was mentioned before :-P Except I don't like the speckled colors for armor and visors. I want classic black and gre-

oh wait :-(

Civilians

Yes, couldn't have said it better myself! Although I love the speckled colres, so cool. Although I don't know what you mean by bard...maybe you meant bar...

Although I don't know what you mean by bard...maybe you meant bar...
A bard is like minstrel, a guy with a musical instrument who plays and sings songs.

A bard is like minstrel, a guy with a musical instrument who plays and sings songs.

Ah, OK. :-)

civilians aren't going to go well with the majority kids audience. i like the idea of factions though.

old gray. Otherwise it won't matter what they release, I won't buy it in any quantity.

civilians aren't going to go well with the majority kids audience.

Why not? I dont really think all kids are interested in are guns, flashy lights and noise. Kids in the 80s and 90s had flashy tv shows and video games as well and yet lego turned out decents sets.

old gray. Otherwise it won't matter what they release, I won't buy it in any quantity.

If Lego rereleased all the old castle sets (This is just hypothetical, I know Lego would never do this) in the New Grays, would you buy any?

(I am actually curious, I am not challenging your opinion)

If Lego rereleased all the old castle sets (This is just hypothetical, I know Lego would never do this) in the New Grays, would you buy any?

Yes, for the figs. Then put the bley to my space MOCs :-P

Well... oh wait he didn't ask me, oh well.... I would buy the forestem and other non-grey intensive sets and that would be it. Hopefully the price of old castle sets would be driven down ;-). I just don't like the colour...

God Bless,

Nathan

I really think we'll just see more KK - sorry.

But in regard to the question at hand, I would love to see forestmen again and Medieval village sets.

It could be KK3, in the vain of CC, no?

Sounds like an oxymoron... I also doubt it. ;-)

God Bless,

Nathan

I would really like to see parts in new colors, flags, barding, helmets in light bley and weapons in the new metal color parts (gold, metallic silver, copper).

More animals like a black or white dog, some new birds maybe.

Food items like bread, fruit, or cups, trays and jugs.

Non-military figures but not neccessarily civilians. Princes, princesses, nobles, lords, clergy, queens, maybe a few merchants or artisans too.

A new weapon might be nice. Something we don't have already. A club or a short mace&chain would be cool.

I would really like to see a tower with walls on all sides that opens up for play and a stable that also opens.

I would like to see some minstrals with instruments.

Bricks with a falcon and a dragon sculpture head on the front like the tan lion one.

That's my wish list regardless of anything that is coming out at any time.

No. I have them all, the best ones in multiple copies, most with at least 1 MISB copy. I am just too far gone down the old gray path to turn around and start anew. I don't need any more gray bricks/parts anyway, but pick them up when I see some at a good price.

The only new castle set I would buy in quantity would be the hypothetic UCS castle set I have been trying to get for years http://news.lugnet.com/ambassadors/?n=51

Or any castle which Johnny Thunder and his crew visit.

If a good castle comes along (unlike anything in the last 5 years from KK) I would buy a single one.

I did love the Dragon Fortress from the Orient Expedition series, and have several of those.

No. I have them all, the best ones in multiple copies, most with at least 1 MISB copy.

Impresive ;-)

God Bless,

Nathan

Such are the little joys of being gainfully employed, with no other vices, no interest in cars or golf or smoking, a hard working but thrifty wife, kids in public school, and mortage paid off. I'm a lucky man.

What I need from life is not money, but time and peace. Those seem to me to be more precious these days. Can't buy much time or peace with 100 bucks, but I can sure buy a cool Lego set.

Let me explain what I meant better. I meant a classic castle line, under the name KK3. Since KK1 was nothing like KK2, I think KK3 could potentially sway back the way of the classic sets.

Let me explain what I meant better. I meant a classic castle line, under the name KK3. Since KK1 was nothing like KK2, I think KK3 could potentially sway back the way of the classic sets.

I know what you meant, I just don't think it is likely...

God Bless,

Nathan