Sign in to follow this  
Lego Otaku

Malware alerts

While attempting to go to this page: http://www.eurobrick...44entry909044 I got a warning page that something there contained a link to possible malware. SS of the warning attached, maybe someone could check into this and make sure it's clean?

EDIT by Hinckley: Changed subject title to reflect alert's content.

post-13293-13409728570633.jpg

Edited by Fugazi
added sub-title

It appears the warning is about content from storage.technicbricks.com. It appears this is due to a picture in a member's signature. Thank you for brining this to our attention. In the future, please be careful about how you word the topic and content of such a post as we don't want to cause any unnecessary worry for other members. The warning about malware is not directly related to any Eurobricks content. Thank you.

This issue has been dealt with. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I thought I should bring attention to this issue somehow, and this seemed like the right place for it. I went to the Star Wars forum here and tried to view the thread: "[MOC] Crusader-Class Corvette". I got a warning from my browser saying this link: "contains content from www.ngltc.org, a site known to distribute malware...malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed..." I looked up "ngltc" and it appears to be the North Georgia LEGO Train Club. I don't think this particular Lego club is intentionally infecting people's computers. It's very possible malicious software was installed on their server without their knowledge. Either way, when I check Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page, these are the results: Of the 15 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 13 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-09-17, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-09-17. Malicious software includes 15 trojan(s), 7 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.

The site has come up as a red flag on my Web of Trust app for a long time. Interesting to see your info that it is a genuinely dangerous site.

I use Firefox 15.0.1 and I have no trouble viewing the topic itself and the link inside the topic.

I also run AVG 2012.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

This has been brought up numerous times, it's not Eurobricks but a link within someone's signature on Eurobricks. This is why only certain threads give the warning.

The site has come up as a red flag on my Web of Trust app for a long time. Interesting to see your info that it is a genuinely dangerous site.

Please don't start rumors that you don't have all the facts for.

I will let you reflect at length on what you have just written. Mod or no mod, take a deep breath, dude.

I will let you reflect at length on what you have just written. Mod or no mod, take a deep breath, dude.

I think Big Cam thought you were talking about Eurobricks as a 'dangerous site'. The way I read it, you were talking about an external site causing problems for visitors of EB. Misunderstandings like these happen online and your post has the potential to only make matters worse. Next time, it's probably better to send the Moderator in question a PM to try and clarify things. :classic:

Thank you Rick. That is what I thought he was saying. I didn't want people to start thinking EB was a malicious Site due to Bluerails comment. That's what I was getting at. There is no reason to take a condescending tone.

It happening in the sci-fi forum, and by what I've seen in the starwars forum the other day, it seems to be related to the user "ralph".

I think Big Cam thought you were talking about Eurobricks as a 'dangerous site'. The way I read it, you were talking about an external site causing problems for visitors of EB. Misunderstandings like these happen online and your post has the potential to only make matters worse. Next time, it's probably better to send the Moderator in question a PM to try and clarify things. :classic:

Not that it is any of my business, but from what I am reading, I agree that this comment was made about an external site. However, if you look at the comments made here, it was big cam that threw the first dart. If anything, he should have sent the pm before accusing the someone of starting rumors.

I love this site and I understand that you are all volunteering, but this is as looking at this situation backwards.

Not that it is any of my business, but from what I am reading, I agree that this comment was made about an external site. However, if you look at the comments made here, it was big cam that threw the first dart. If anything, he should have sent the pm before accusing the someone of starting rumors.

I was trying to put an end to an argument before it even started, without 'blaming' anyone. I'd just like people to think before posting. Issues like this are probably best settled through PM or by using the 'Report' button.

I was trying to put an end to an argument before it even started, without 'blaming' anyone. I'd just like people to think before posting. Issues like this are probably best settled through PM or by using the 'Report' button.

NUff said. Anyone thought about banning that user that has that in his sig? I think that Google and WOT may put a mark on your site if they detect this. I am surprised they did not already? I amy not understand this correctly, but I thought if the malware link is on your site, that they will warn users. Also, WOT is based only on comments, so it will warn users if people mis understand the issue.

NUff said. Anyone thought about banning that user that has that in his sig? I think that Google and WOT may put a mark on your site if they detect this. I am surprised they did not already? I amy not understand this correctly, but I thought if the malware link is on your site, that they will warn users. Also, WOT is based only on comments, so it will warn users if people mis understand the issue.

I removed the LEGO train gifs that were triggering the warning. Completely harmless, not even a link to the site.

If Google and WOT mark every forum in which someone uses an image from a possibly infected site, then marks every site that links to those forums by the same theory of guilt by association, it'll take about a week for the entire internet to be blocked.

Welcome to the new paranoid internet. :laugh:

Hello,

Not sure who to direct this to, one of the MODs I guess?

Just gone to access themes in the train section of the forum and I am getting blocked by my PC's security programme. The message is long but the important bit I guess is this 'Access to this page blocked as ox-d.traffiqexchange.com known malware distributor has been inserted into the page.

Just thought I should report it to someone but not sure who?

This has been brought up many times before, it's not Eurobricks problem, it is likely a link or image in someone's signature in that thread.

As you can see from the image you attached, the problem is with content from philo home.com is in the thread. Probably.one of the images someone used is hosted there.

Edit: judging from your warning and Dluders link I'm going to say it's his link. I've removed that hyperlink. Do you still get the warning?

Edit: judging from your warning and Dluders link I'm going to say it's his link. I've removed that hyperlink. Do you still get the warning?

@Big Cam: Yes the Warning is still coming up.

Edited by Boxerlego