1. 1. What do you think the idea?

• The idea is perfect!
    • The idea is great!
    • The idea is okay.
    • I don't have an opinion.
    • The idea isn't good.
    • The idea won't get far.
    • The idea is stupid.

Those of you that play the Heroica RPG or the Heroica board games may want a version that has more features for the board game. I am putting together an upgraded version of the game that has more features, items, shops, quests, and NPCs that will make the Heroica world come to life! As of now, the rules are not complete but are open to suggestions. as I implement more features into the game, I will update this post and make a new response showing the updates. I have attaches some polls to this topic to help me smooth game-play and functionality. If you vote, please comment why you chose as you did. :blush:

Update B.1:

Character stat stands:

update_b.1.1.png

In this update, I have made the character stands for the heroes and monsters. The picture explains what each bar means, and shows the set-up. I have made the stands so that when calculating damage (Future update) you can simply place the attacker behind the victim and the shield power will block out damage it deflects.

*LDD file*

Update B.2:

UpdateB21.jpgUpdateB22.jpg

UpdateB23.jpgUpdateB24.jpg

UpdateB25.jpgUpdateB26.jpg

UpdateB27.jpgUpdateB28.jpg

UpdateB29.jpgUpdateB210.jpg

UpdateB211.jpg

These are mostly self-explanatory. I have made the option to change basic class because some areas of the map will only be accessible through these classes, and with not enough people this can become a problem.

Update B.3:

UpdateB32.jpgUpdateB35.jpg

UpdateB33.jpg

UpdateB31.png

UpdateB34.png

Just some updates on the rules and a better stat stand. Soon I should be working on the mechanics of the game, ladders, switches, keys & locks, teleporters, climbing walls, etc.

Next update(s):

(A) More mechanics in the game world

Edited by Bricksandparts

I don't think we need this. :sceptic: I'm fine with it, but why couldn't we just play Heroica RPG EB version on a board? Or use the normal LEGO one? It's a cool idea, but I'm not convinced until I see some rules or a game that's different. :wink: I feel it will be to much like Sandy's, but I at the same time, don't want to be too different. You know what I'm saying? :blush: Maybe this belongs in your new topic, just respond to this in your new thread.

I see what you are saying, but this is for a group of people that just want to play a quest with their friends right there but want to have a map. I'm not promising that this will be a great game, but I think that it is a cool Idea to set up.

What I'm trying to do is to make a board game so that people don't have to make complex builds for their quests. This way the quest builds are shrunk. You can't just completely implement the RPG rules into the board game, you don't have rules of many things that are core to the game (How close do you have to be to start a battle, day/night, how do you use tools?) and it makes the game-play less fun (in my opinion).

I see what you are saying, but this is for a group of people that just want to play a quest with their friends right there but want to have a map. I'm not promising that this will be a great game, but I think that it is a cool Idea to set up.

What I'm trying to do is to make a board game so that people don't have to make complex builds for their quests. This way the quest builds are shrunk. You can't just completely implement the RPG rules into the board game, you don't have rules of many things that are core to the game (How close do you have to be to start a battle, day/night, how do you use tools?) and it makes the game-play less fun (in my opinion).

Oh, that's great then. :classic: I was just concerned that if people wanted to play it at conventions, you would all have to wait for the next one JUST to test the rules. Any idea yet how he rules would be different?

Oh, that's great then. :classic: I was just concerned that if people wanted to play it at conventions, you would all have to wait for the next one JUST to test the rules. Any idea yet how he rules would be different?

The effects will work differently (Could move the enemies, more effects maybe?) AND now that you mention it, players could probably join in the middle of the game. When it gets to the point that it's a board game, there really isn't going to be much premise of the game. The dice will mostly work the same in battles, but it will be based on the position of the characters. I'm thinking about making the enemies allowed to move, but I'd have to come up with a guideline for how that would work... If you have any ideas, feel free to pitch them in!

Update B.2:

UpdateB21.jpgUpdateB22.jpg

UpdateB23.jpgUpdateB24.jpg

UpdateB25.jpgUpdateB26.jpg

UpdateB27.jpgUpdateB28.jpg

UpdateB29.jpgUpdateB210.jpg

UpdateB211.jpg

These are mostly self-explanatory. I have made the option to change basic class because some areas of the map will only be accessible through these classes, and with not enough people this can become a problem.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Maybe I've got some time this weekend to try these rules with my kids. Looks ok at first sight.

your add-on look good! you don't change the basic, only add some rules more acurate for this king of game.

But I'm curious to know how you 'll make the "quest/puzzle/npc" in the board game, or just use the board for the fights.

also: if you change your job avec2-3 levels, but your new job give less HP than the previous one?

and what boarf will you use? as we said the BQ use too much parts :/ , i use Heroclix ( miniatures super heroes fighting game ); each square fits perfectly for a 4x4 plate ( or a minifigures series plate ) :

http://www.ianparmenter.com/hcutils/maps/BR.jpg

your add-on look good! you don't change the basic, only add some rules more acurate for this king of game.

But I'm curious to know how you 'll make the "quest/puzzle/npc" in the board game, or just use the board for the fights.

also: if you change your job avec2-3 levels, but your new job give less HP than the previous one?

and what boarf will you use? as we said the BQ use too much parts :/ , i use Heroclix ( miniatures super heroes fighting game ); each square fits perfectly for a 4x4 plate ( or a minifigures series plate ) :

http://www.ianparmenter.com/hcutils/maps/BR.jpg

I'm not sure what all of what you are asking but I will answer some:

(A) The game board will be like the Heroica game boards, just having more features.

(B) The game board will be used for the map, not just fights, and some parts will only be accessible through different tools/classes. To give a preview of these:

* A harness for climbing up some walls

* Crafting for some bridges/buildings

* Elements having abilities to power magic objects. This could include using a garnet to move magic sections of land to get to the top of a mountain, powering a magic bridge to help a friend get across, etc.

© I'm not sure what you are talking about with the levels and classes, but I think you are talking about the added MP and HP? When you graduate to a basic class, you get the added HP & MP, your HP and MP are not lowered to that number.

(D) Some parts of the game will have a puzzle or code so that the player has to find clues to opening a door or activating a switch. The game will have to have a quest host, so the game will lose the way that one person can play in the actual Heroica series, but it will still be possible just to add your own levels that don't have puzzles or such. All characters, enemies, and NPCs will have a distinguishing brick under them so that the players know they can speak with them.

LOL you answered at all my questions ^^!

sorry if you get trouble to understand me, I'm French and i understand better than i wrote english.

I'l follow your topic because even i'll keep my own rules I may pick one or more of your ideas ( and specialy about NPC & Puzzle, it's the biggest issue i have, when you play in turn by turn and a player stop his mouvement at 3 squares than npc, so he can't speak with him...and has to wait untill his next turn, it breaks the rythmn ^^)

Edited by the leading man

Update B.3:

UpdateB32.jpgUpdateB35.jpg

UpdateB33.jpg

UpdateB31.png

UpdateB34.png

Just some updates on the rules and a better stat stand. Soon I should be working on the mechanics of the game, ladders, switches, keys & locks, teleporters, climbing walls, etc.

Whoa, thats alot of rules. I`m gonna try em. I actually made a tabletop/role playing game with a checkerboard some checkers and some heroica dice. i use minifigs for characters. i will try these rules for another, better game with a board built out of lego like a forest.