Sign in to follow this  
Legopard

Acklay - Petranaki-Arena

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hey

With my first MOC here on Eurobricks i want to present you my Acklay.

To present Obi-Wans opponent worthily i build a small part of the Arena of Justice for the background:

6983614744_a0e5f045a7_z.jpg

For his scale the Acklay is high detailed:

7129689929_e4fae6bfce_z.jpg

More photos and close-ups on MOCpages

All pictures plus the amazing Acklaysound are visible and hearable in this

I'm also on flickr and Brickshelf .

Comments are welcome :wink: .

'pard

Welcome to EB, Legopard! :classic: I love how your Acklay uses a lot of the simpler, more traditional ways of using hinges and plates, but you also mix in some more complicated bits in all the right places to sculpt this creature in a way that just looks right for a LEGO model. Really nice work attaching those teeth, too. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is great! The Acklay has always been my faavorite beast, and you've done him justice. Excellent detail for the scale. :thumbup:

Though the focus is obviously on the Aklay here, I did think that the whole scene, especialy the second pic, was incredibly like the film.

As for the Aklay it's self, it looks very like the animal creator sets from TLG :thumbup:.

Whoa! This is fantastic! I love the detailing on the Acklay and the arena wall in the background. It's an instantly recognizable scene, and I love how you've pulled it off! Great job!

That Acklay is fantastic!! But for the arena, what made you consider the dark orange over the more typical tan?

I really like how you managed to capture the essence of the Acklay so well in minifigure scale, without making the build overly complicated. I think your version of the Acklay wouldn't look out of place as an official LEGO Creator set at all. :thumbup:

The same can be said of the background. Not overly complicated, but it does the job well so it works for me. The dark orange may be an unusual choice, but in my opinion using that color as a background really makes the Acklay stand out in the pictures.

That Acklay is fantastic!! But for the arena, what made you consider the dark orange over the more typical tan?

Dark Orange is actually pretty close to the color of the 'real' thing. I think the presence of the bright green acklay in this scene just makes it look a little redder than it really is.