Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Stark Workshop

I started this build way before I finally got the Marvel sets to complete it, and it took me some more time to photograph it (having scaffoldings outside your windows cutting out the best light isn't funny, I grant you). I'm now happy to introduce you my LEGO rendition of Stark workshop from Iron Man 2. :classic:

Disclaimer (not something I like to use, but some may want to be warned beforehand): the pictures descriptions include some minor details about the Iron Man 2 film.

7453151786_b64de72a6f_z.jpg

StarkWorkshop_007 di LuxorV, su Flickr

I decided to include some of the cars and cycles shown in the film, as well as the criss-crossed testing area shown in the first Iron Man. I think this part of the workshop was re-designed in Iron Man 2, but I liked it and wanted to build it nevertheless.

7453151004_6531d91a1d_z.jpg

StarkWorkshop_003 di LuxorV, su Flickr

I decided to go with Capt. Jack Sparrow's head in this shot because the shadows under the eyes fit with Tony's health problems at this time of the film.

7453150818_0e7f397750_z.jpg

StarkWorkshop_004 di LuxorV, su Flickr

The armours' display. The whole project started with this part as a smaller MOC. Then I decided to give it some more background. Notice the armours are part purist (mk. 1, mk. 2 and mk. 3) and part customised (mk. 4 has a Brickforge Space Marine armour painted and decorated).

7453150600_a2cfe31fcf_z.jpg

StarkWorkshop_005 di LuxorV, su Flickr

How could I not include an armour assembling shot? Again, the mk. VI armour uses a Brickforge Space Marine armour painted and decorated. This gives a better look when the helmet is assembled as well, as it looks less dis-proportionate.

You may also glimpse the empty slot in the armoury, where the mk. 2 was, since Rhodey took it at this point.

Some more shots can be found in this BS gallery and in this Flickr set.

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

I was sure someone would make something like this soon and I'm glad you did!

The cars and suits look really nice and I hope you expand on this! :sweet:

Awesome MOC. You got it spot-on. I like the yellow criss-cross area and I'm glad you included the cars. The suits all look great too. I think my favourite part is Tony Stark's desk/table/computer thing. Love the shot where he's "suiting up"! Great work.

That looks great! While I like all of the smaller details, for some reason my favorite is the Mark I armor.

This looks really awesome and fun! I could enjoy re-enacting scenes from the movie for quite some hours :tongue: Awesome job!

This looks really awesome and fun! I could enjoy re-enacting scenes from the movie for quite some hours :tongue: Awesome job!

Sweet MOC! What hair piece are you using for Stark? I've seen that on other photos, but can't put my finger on which one it is.

Great! Tony Stark is the greatest Marvel character for me, so I always enjoy Moc's about him. I like how you can recognize the details of the film version.

Hall of Armor is a great idea. I hope Lego comes out with something similiar maybe for the third film - then we could be looking at a possible eight different suits.

Edited by Hawkman

Great job! I like the cars and the armor 'changing' area. Just like the movie counterpart, apart from needing bigger computer screens. I like your armors too. The Mk I and your 3rd party custom ones, both look great.

I was sure someone would make something like this soon and I'm glad you did!

The cars and suits look really nice and I hope you expand on this! :sweet:

Thank you. Indeed, I was expecting it too, so I thought I'd have to out-run the competitors! :laugh:

Nice M.O.C. !

The mechanic hand is cool and I notice the geek minifigure's cup :wink: .

Thanks. I like to add little details to MOCs, and I think they work pretty well in this case. :blush:

Cool!

Could you take a better picture of the black car? It looks nice but is never on focus :sceptic:

Of course, here you go:

swcar_001.jpg

(links to a BS gallery with few more shots)

Awesome MOC. You got it spot-on. I like the yellow criss-cross area and I'm glad you included the cars. The suits all look great too. I think my favourite part is Tony Stark's desk/table/computer thing. Love the shot where he's "suiting up"! Great work.

Thank you. :sweet:

That looks great! While I like all of the smaller details, for some reason my favorite is the Mark I armor.

Thanks. I had to work a bit on the mk. 1, since I started with a brick built one, but it was too bulky compared to reference material and it would have put the display off balance. In the end, I realised the samurai armour could work just as good for it. :thumbup:

Thank you. Indeed, I had some very nice times both building and playing with it. :grin:

Sweet MOC! What hair piece are you using for Stark? I've seen that on other photos, but can't put my finger on which one it is.

It's the now classic Minifig, Headgear Hair Short, Tousled with Side Part. :wink:

Ooh, nice armory! Just don't let Norman Osborn near them! *oh2*:grin: (Dark avengers reference).

anyway, I like how you did the testing grid and the shadows under Tony's eyes!

Yes, I agree having Osborn near it would be a catastrophe; as would with a lot of other Marvel villains. :laugh:

Very nice! I love it.

I'm glad you like it. :blush:

Great! Tony Stark is the greatest Marvel character for me, so I always enjoy Moc's about him. I like how you can recognize the details of the film version.

He's my favourite, too, especially from the Cinematic Universe.

Very cool. Hope we get something like this for Iron Man 3 for real.

I'd love to see it, but I'm a bit scared price-wise. :look:

Great MOC, I really like the cars. :thumbup:

Thank you. I had the idea of introducing the cars mainly because of the hot-rod (which was easy to make, just modifying the one in this year's Robbers' Hideout); the other one, which should be something like a Hudson Hornet (I smell a Cars reference by Disney here) was more tricky.

Hall of Armor is a great idea. I hope Lego comes out with something similiar maybe for the third film - then we could be looking at a possible eight different suits.

Thanks. Again, I'd be happy to see a Hall of Armours form TLG, but it would be either very reduced in size, or outrageously priced, I fear. :sad:

Fingers crossed for at least a classic War Machine armour, and not only the Iron Patriot variant, though. :wub:

Nice MOC, LuxorV! I love every bit of this MOC - the suits are genius, still recognizable but purist! I really like your cars in this - the suit (get it?) Tony and look great! Can you post a picture of you Pepper minifig?

Thanks for answering all of our questions! And mine too. :) Now its' time to go hunt one of those down!

Great work again.

Great MOC LuxorV! :thumbup:

Hopefully, as the Superheroes theme progresses, we will get more Iron Man suits to fill the display area up. I also wouldn't be suprised to see TLG make some sort of rendition of his Lab/Workshop. :classic:

Great job! I like the cars and the armor 'changing' area. Just like the movie counterpart, apart from needing bigger computer screens. I like your armors too. The Mk I and your 3rd party custom ones, both look great.

Thank you. I was going with some bigger screens, but they looked too bulky, so I changed to the ones you see. :laugh:

Nice job! I'm actuly working on the same thing! :laugh: I like the little

robot arm in the background.

Can't wait to see you version! :thumbup:

Nice MOC, LuxorV! I love every bit of this MOC - the suits are genius, still recognizable but purist! I really like your cars in this - the suit (get it?) Tony and look great! Can you post a picture of you Pepper minifig?

Thanks. I'll be posting some Iron Man figs in the MCW in a couple of days; maybe you're willing to wait for them? :sweet:

Thanks for answering all of our questions! And mine too. :) Now its' time to go hunt one of those down!

Great work again.

You're welcome. :classic:

Nice job!

Thank you.

Great MOC LuxorV! :thumbup:

Hopefully, as the Superheroes theme progresses, we will get more Iron Man suits to fill the display area up. I also wouldn't be suprised to see TLG make some sort of rendition of his Lab/Workshop. :classic:

Indeed, let's hope to get more of these lovely figs! I'll have to start saving for the next wave. :grin:

How come I'm always the last one to see awesome things?! :sceptic:

Being a DC fan I still think that that Marvel has some decent characters, let not as many as DC does! :tongue:

This creation is a tribute to one of them. Well done, designed, built and instantly recognizable! :sweet::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

How come I'm always the last one to see awesome things?! :sceptic:

Being a DC fan I still think that that Marvel has some decent characters, let not as many as DC does! :tongue:

This creation is a tribute to one of them. Well done, designed, built and instantly recognizable! :sweet::thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks, my friend. As many have stated, Iron Man is more or less the Marvel equivalent of DC's Batman (billionaire, no super powers, high tech gear, ...), so I think you can appreciate him more than some other Marvel characters. :wink:

As promised, here are some Iron Man figs I made and that may appear in future MOCs.