Sign in to follow this  
waltzking

Modular Madness: "Jewelry Store"

indexed.gif B-OM-22B

Finished at last! :classic:

Here's my newest modular called "Jewelry Store." As it was in the final stages of production when the contest came up I figured why not get it done, enter, and share for all to see. As required it has not been posted anywhere before, but was just added to Flickr (per allowance in the rules) where the full view of photos and descriptions are available at the link below.

"Jewelry Store" Flickr stream.

In addition if you'd like to own it you can purchase instructions for my models on my website (This one to be added shortly). See my signature at the bottom of this post for the website link.

And now for a few photos...

EB Jewelry Store Front.jpgEB Jewelry Store Back.jpg

EB Jewelry Store Level 1.jpgEB Jewelry Store Level 2.jpg

EB Jewelry Store Level 3.jpg

Nice one! Sand blue looks good. I like the rounded window section on the left, and the tiled pattern on the floor. The sign's great too. Good luck!

Edited by purpleparadox

Nice colour combination! The roof is very interesting! :thumbup:

Thank you. The roof was a challenge to build like this and required many new (crazy?) SNOT techniques. :wink: I always wanted to use the cheese slopes for a shingled roof look and finally got my chance. That and I wanted to keep the coned roof section rounded all the way unlike Green Grocer.

Nice one! Sand blue looks good. I like the rounded window section on the left, and the tiled pattern on the floor. The sign's great too. Good luck!

Thanks. Appreciate the comments. There are lots of good models already and I'm sure there are more to come, so I'll need it.

Great build! It will be a tough competition for sure. I need to step up my game.

I like the color scheme with the black windows. I really like the tiled floor and the interior details. I especially like the black cheese slope roofing. It adds some nice texture and shape. However, I don't particularly care for the white overhang section of the roof. It seems busy to me. But the rest is superb.

Good luck in the contest. You will be a top contender.

Great build! It will be a tough competition for sure. I need to step up my game.

I like the color scheme with the black windows. I really like the tiled floor and the interior details. I especially like the black cheese slope roofing. It adds some nice texture and shape. However, I don't particularly care for the white overhang section of the roof. It seems busy to me. But the rest is superb.

Good luck in the contest. You will be a top contender.

Thank for the comments. What "white overhang section" do you speak of? There are several of these is various styles so I'm not sure what you mean. Always good to get feedback so I can either tweak it or keep the knowledge/idea for next build.

Nice building technic ! I especially like the roof. The mix of colour is cool and the interior is well-furnished. Maybe you can add some details in the backdoor?

Good job !

Nice Moc! The colour scheme looks good and the roof is spectacular. :thumbup:

If I were to make a comment it would be this: I kind of miss the bling bling in the interior though. It does not distinguish itself as a jewelry store.

I like your color pattern :thumbup:

The floor design looks very realistic too, and the brick built Jewelry sign is a nice detail.

Very good work :classic:

Very nice modular 'watzking', the light blue walls gives it an early 20th century feel to it. :classic:

Good luck in the contest and Brick On ! :classic:

Lovely building, I absolutely love the jewelry sign. Good luck in the contest.

Great modular - Hate to point out though that Jewellery has 2 L's and 3 E's in it.

Edited by Iain

Nice building in nice colors. And I also like the noble shop furniture and big kitchen. :thumbup:

Lots of great techniques. Is that Medium Blue or the Pet Shop's Sand Blue?

The color used is Sand Blue. Not sure the parts used would all be available in Medium Blue.

Great modular - Hate to point out though that Jewellery has 2 L's and 3 E's in it.

While the "Jewellery" spelling may be more common, both are acceptable. Since I did not have the room for the longer version I used "Jewelry" instead.

As for the rest of the comments, thanks for both the likes and improvement suggestions. Always looking for ways to get better in my designs.

Edited by watzking

The building looks great, and the colors are really "soft" which makes the house look that much better. Keep up the good work!

Awesome work, the roof really makes this for me, but the other features are spectacular as well. And in the meantime, blogged, on Brick Town Talk! :thumbup::classic:

Awesome work, the roof really makes this for me, but the other features are spectacular as well. And in the meantime, blogged, on Brick Town Talk! :thumbup::classic:

Thanks for sharing and spreading the word. Yes, the roof is pretty amazing (even if I do say so myself). If you get the chance to build it I think you'd agree. Of course it was the hardest part to design which is why the model took so long to produce. I'd say I spent nearly 2 months trying to get it just right and as streamlined as I could. Very pleased with the result.

Thanks to all for the comments thus far. FYI I now have the website updated and working so downloads can be ordered should anyone be interested.

www.adeal4u.net/buy