Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day Two

banner.png

It was late at night on the U.E.N. Excalibur. Or, at least, the crew was told it was night. Not everyone was in bed it seems.

img_3645.jpg

Doctor Julius Burbank / Dragonator is working hard and not hardly working in his laboratory late at night when he should be asleep. Perhaps it would have served him better to get a full nights rest...

img_3646.jpg

"Oh, seriously?" he asked. "I'm finally able to play mafia games again and I'm killed off on Night One? megablocking metagamers."

*BANG*

img_3647.jpg

"What's with the old school bang gun?" the killer asked. "And the blood? That's not very spacey."

Shut up. It's just to prove he died.

"Whatever. Dick." the killer said.

img_3648.jpg

Elsewhere, Ensign Jason Falcon / Scouty was walking around the rec-room returning to his quarters after a quick bathroom break.

"Dammit! I thought I'd last longer!" Falcon said.

Oops, sorry. Wrong minifigure.

img_3650.jpg

Lieutenant Joshua Wright / AwesomeStar was walking around the rec-room returning to his quarters after a quick bathroom break.

"Did you make a mistake with me, too?" he asked.

img_3651.jpg

"No. He was spot-on with this one." the killer said.

*BUZZZZZZZZZZ*

img_3652.jpg

The Lieutenant burst apart and went flying around the room.

"Oops! I had the setting on too high."

The Fleet Admiral then summoned everyone to the Rec Room.

img_3653.jpg

"You guys were awful with all of your choices. Robbins (KingOfTheZempk), Wright (AwesomeStar), and Burbank (Dragonator) were all Loyalists. I hope you'll do better today."

Non Playable Characters:

admiral.jpg_thumb.jpg

Admiral Bob --- Played By Bob

Players: (23)

Command Officers:

1.jpg

First Officer Commander Cameron Walters --- Played By Tamamono

2.jpg

Second Officer Lieutenant Commander Andrew Gordon --- Played by Fugazi

3.jpg

Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Matthew Wilder --- Played by Peanuts

5.jpg

Chief Security Officer Lieutenant George Harper --- Played by swils

6.jpg

Science Officer Lieutenant Michael McAndrews --- Played by Brickdoctor

Officers:

7.jpg

Lieutenant Donna Willis, chief research officer --- Played by Kadabra

8.jpg

Lieutenant Arnold Daly, chief astrophysicist --- Played by darkdragon

9.jpg

Lieutenant Richard Francis, chief astrobiology officer --- Played by Shadows

10.jpg

Lieutenant Thomas Hornby,chief cartography officer --- Played by VolcanicPanik

11.jpg

Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler, chemist --- Played by Scubacarrot

12.jpg

Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt, med-bay nurse --- Played by Flare

23.jpg

Lieutenant Zachary Jones, junior engineer --- Played by Flipz

Enlisted:

14.jpg

Ensign Jason Falcon, helmsman --- Played by Scouty

15.jpg

Ensign Samantha York, navigator --- Played by Inconspicuous

16.jpg

Ensign Toby Rockford, security --- Played by Palathadric

17.jpg

Ensign Brian Pewter, security --- Played by Dannylonglegs

18.jpg

Ensign Jack Campbell, security --- Played by Waterbrick Down

20.jpg

Ensign Timothy Mandel, engineer --- Played by Dakar A

21.jpg

Ensign Allison Williams, engineer --- Played by Masked Builder

22.jpg

Ensign Robert Holloway, engineer --- Played by CallMePie

Dead:

19.jpg

Ensign Peter Robbins, janitorial staff --- Played by KingoftheZempk lynched on day one by popular opinion

4.jpg

Chief Medical Officer Lieutenant Commander Julius Burbank, M.D. --- Played by Dragonator shot to death on night one

13.jpg

Lieutenant Joshua Wright, med-bay nurse --- Played by AwesomeStar 'sploded night one by a phaser

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyalists or the League of Purists. To win the game, the Loyalists must vote or kill off all the League of Purists, while the League of Purists need to outnumber the Loyalists. Additionally, keep on the look out for other factions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after thosee 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts, or I will cry.

9. Post in all of the day threads, or I will cry.

10. Please don't metagame to much, or I will cry.

11. I hate taking avatar photos, so don't make fun of me or I'll cry.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

Ouch. It seems that I was wrong about Joshua Wright's behavior. I have not made any headway overnight, did someone else find something?

Neither of them was Scum? Wow. While he was a very quiet Townie, it's too bad that someone with as much experience in these situations as Burbank died so early, too.

I have not made any headway overnight, did someone else find something?

Oh, yes, "Does anyone have any leads?" :sweet::sceptic:

Oh, yes, "Does anyone have any leads?" :sweet::sceptic:

What else was I to say? While I could announce my suspicions, I'd rather not.

*huh* I just had a mini-heart attack there! And a long face for the three we lost last night. I'll be hitting the holodecks to see where things went wrong. Though, I think it'd be a good idea to ask questions to those who really went for Robbins here.

Hopefully we'll get some good, solid evidence today to not make another mistake.

It's good to know that I was probably targeted last night. I wonder if it was from friend or foe, though. What worries me more, though, is if we just lost a powerful role or two this night :look: .

Holy crap, wrong on both of our vote targets? I can't believe it, but I must. Though, whoever killed Dragonator...what? why? I honestly thought he had done nothing to gain suspicion yesterday at all. If it was scum that did it, sure, I get it but if it wasn't scum that killed him then pure metagaming thinking he might be scum? :hmpf:

Loyalists, I just hope we can at least learn from this that we all need to stay a little more calm and rational. Freaking out and backpedaling, those kinds of things just make us all suspicious of you and it would be great if we could catch an actual scum today.

I suppose. Sorry, comments along the lines of "Anybody got any leads?" tend to annoy me.

Though, whoever killed Dragonator...what? why? I honestly thought he had done nothing to gain suspicion yesterday at all. If it was scum that did it, sure, I get it but if it wasn't scum that killed him then pure metagaming thinking he might be scum? :hmpf:

I don't think a Vig would have killed him. We know there was one other kill in the Night, and it doesn't make sense for Scum or an SK to kill someone such as Wright who was already under suspicion and had some of our attention, so I think that Wright was probably killed by a Vig, and I doubt that there are two Vigs. It makes sense, as you say, for Scum or SK to have killed Burbank.

Dafuq? Robbins and Wright weren't Scum?! Well...MegaBloks. Apparently my Scumcorder is still broken. :cry_sad: Sorry, folks!

I haven't had much contact overnight, so I don't have too much to tell, but my "trusted" list has been cut in half, thanks to a keen-eyed officer pointing out a huge weakness of mine--a flaw in my very view of Mafia the world. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but at least I don't have blinders on anymore. :sceptic:

Please, someone tell me there's Cop result today? If not, I know of one officer who's built a case against Commander Walters; I don't have all the facts, but this message from him sent up a red photon emitter:

Hey, just a heads up: if you've got a watcher, have him on me. It'll probably help confirm a bunch of people, and you might be able to catch some scum actions too (namely killer :laugh:). I'd also really appreciate protection, but that one's less necessary. :tongue:

Question: why would the commander expect the Scum killer to take him out? If I had been in contact with the Doctor, I would have had him protect Lt. McAndrews or Ensign Campbell or Lt. Wheeler; all three of them were far more Townie in my eyes and thus more likely to need protection. Did Commander Walters really expect to die, or was he trying to keep the Watcher and the Doctor off of his actual target? It ended up not mattering, since I'm not in contact with any of those roles (as far as I know) and thus couldn't direct them, but it still struck me as suspicious--which is saying something, as right up until he sent me that message, I pretty much trusted him. :sceptic:

Unfortunately, I don't have much more for this case, but when the officer I mentioned comes in I'm sure they'll be happy to elaborate. :wink:

Well our good First Officer was eager to remind us, yesterday, that he had headed the charge against the late Ensign, which at the time rang plenty of bells for me, despite his later explanation. Now, I don't mean to say I trust the man, but that'd be a mighty risky gamble to take responsibility for the death of a Loyalist if he is, in fact, a Purist.

I just realized it was probably the Vig that targeted Wright. I hope the Purists didn't watch/track him to discover the Vig. It was a great risk to target this seemingly "team of scum" here (one plan that failed spectacularly) and possibly left the Vig vulnerable to be discovered.

With Wright being killed by the Vig ( Who we can now identify with such the type of phaser), then the Purists targeted poor Burbank. (Metagaming scum :sceptic: )

Question: why would the commander expect the Scum killer to take him out? If I had been in contact with the Doctor, I would have had him protect Lt. McAndrews or Ensign Campbell or Lt. Wheeler; all three of them were far more Townie in my eyes and thus more likely to need protection. Did Commander Walters really expect to die, or was he trying to keep the Watcher and the Doctor off of his actual target?

I find it interesting that you accuse Walters based on the fact that he tried to direct the Watcher's action, when you came out Yesterday in public and tried to direct the Vig's action. :sceptic:

Announcing our suspicions is what helps advance the day.

I find it interesting that you accuse Walters based on the fact that he tried to direct the Watcher's action, when you came out Yesterday in public and tried to direct the Vig's action. :sceptic:

Well, first, Wright was a highly scummy target, one who (at the time) appeared almost certainly to be Scum. Directing the vigilante against him was an attempt to get rid of a potential Scum. Commander Walters' suggestion would have done little to help catch the scum, though I'll admit that may just be his ego shining through (thinking he's more vital to the Town than he actually is).

Second, it was a public announcement, and flowed naturally from my suspicions of the two--incorrect suspicions, granted, but there was no way at the time that I could have known. Commander Walters' request came privately, and out of the blue--the last message he had sent me before that was:

Good, I'm not the only one thinking that. :laugh: No, if I was scum with him, I wouldn't have had him bus me. :snicker:

Cool, get me cleared quickly so I can help coordinate things. You know how much I love to be in control. :grin:

At the time, it seemed like something of a joke, but after he set off my alarm bells, this earlier statement took on a different implication entirely... :sceptic:

Well, first, Wright was a highly scummy target, one who (at the time) appeared almost certainly to be Scum. Directing the vigilante against him was an attempt to get rid of a potential Scum. Commander Walters' suggestion would have done little to help catch the scum, though I'll admit that may just be his ego shining through (thinking he's more vital to the Town than he actually is).

Second, it was a public announcement, and flowed naturally from my suspicions of the two--incorrect suspicions, granted, but there was no way at the time that I could have known. Commander Walters' request came privately, and out of the blue--the last message he had sent me before that was:

He said he thought it would confirm some people. His goal in having the Watcher target him might not have been the same as yours, but it sounds like it was a reasonable goal.

I think the public announcement benefits the Scum more, because they can easily read it like everyone else in the situation, instead of trying to get (or hoping for) another person to trust them with his suggestions for actions.

He said he thought it would confirm some people. His goal in having the Watcher target him might not have been the same as yours, but it sounds like it was a reasonable goal.

I think the public announcement benefits the Scum more, because they can easily read it like everyone else in the situation, instead of trying to get (or hoping for) another person to trust them with his suggestions for actions.

If it's not a malicious Scum move, then it's a rather egotistical Town play. There just wasn't a real reason to ask; he was by no means a major enough figure yesterday to worry about the Scum (and he didn't claim a Power Role, at least not to me, so he shouldn't have to worry there), and he wasn't really scummy enough yesterday to warrant fear of the vigilante. So why was he so worried to die? :sceptic:

Maybe. You aren't alone in pointing out to me that it wasn't exactly the best plan. I still found the commander's suggestion really suspicious, especially considering how random and out of the blue it was.

I have to ask, did the commander ask any of the rest of you about this, or anything of the sort? Did he tell any of you aside from me that he was worried about dying? If not, then I have to wonder why. :sceptic:

If it's not a malicious Scum move, then it's a rather egotistical Town play. There just wasn't a real reason to ask; he was by no means a major enough figure yesterday to worry about the Scum (and he didn't claim a Power Role, at least not to me, so he shouldn't have to worry there), and he wasn't really scummy enough yesterday to warrant fear of the vigilante. So why was he so worried to die? :sceptic:

Like I said, it didn't sound like his primary goal was finding a Scum killer who might kill him. He says that it would help confirm some people, and that it might also catch a killer.

I have to ask, did the commander ask any of the rest of you about this, or anything of the sort? Did he tell any of you aside from me that he was worried about dying? If not, then I have to wonder why. :sceptic:

He did not tell me. But then again, I didn't ask those with night actions to claim to me.

Well that blows all of my thoughts out of the water. :cry_sad:

Whelp, back to the drawing-board. :sadnew:

I was highly suspicious of Joshua Wright yesterday, and could have sworn at least he was scum. :sceptic:

I agree with those who have said that the vig kill was likely Awesomestar. After all, his death was called for in public. :hmpf_bad: I don't know why Dragonator was killed, as he wasn't vocal at all yesterday.

How else can we be expected to find the scum if you don't share your suspicions?

*snip*

If I were scum, I'd certainly kill him! :laugh:

I think he was probably expecting some kind of metagame kill, although from the sound of his PMs to you, he does seem pretty jumpy. :sceptic:

I'm not sure what to think about Kadabra (Donna) has anyone heard from her? She hasn't been around since before day one. I don't even know if she knows her role. :look: I don't think it's scummy, but it certainly is odd, and it makes me worried.

Well, this is a piece of galactic bull. Our lynch was wrong and now two more people are dead. The only good that came out of that is

1) We know we have a vig

2) We can identify his M.O.

Anyone got any idea as to what to do next?

I think he was probably expecting some kind of metagame kill, although from the sound of his PMs to you, he does seem pretty jumpy. :sceptic:

Well, if that's the case, he was half right! :laugh: I just don't see good intentions behind that request; it simply doesn't feel pro-Town to me. :sceptic:

I'm not sure what to think about Kadabra (Donna) has anyone heard from her? She hasn't been around since before day one. I don't even know if she knows her role. :look: I don't think it's scummy, but it certainly is odd, and it makes me worried.

I seem to recall that working out rather well for one Scum in that holodeck program, but in this case I think that Donna is truly absent. I mean, she hasn't even logged in reported for duty since before the captain's death, and she hasn't accessed Heroica the holodeck or the rec room in that time either. :sceptic: Frustrating, but not scummy per se.

He did not tell me. But then again, I didn't ask those with night actions to claim to me.

And that's partly what makes me worried. Regardless of the fact that I was not in contact with any Power Roles, the general perception was that I was. If he really is Town, why didn't he share his fears with several prominent Townies--such as you and Lt. Wheeler, for example? No, he told me and only me--because he's a Scum who wanted to influence the Night's actions away from his teammates. A true Townie would have told more than just me that he was worried about dying; it would help people to be prepared for his death and its reprecussions. Instead, he directed his "worries" to the person he thought controlled most of the power. :sceptic:

Like I said, it didn't sound like his primary goal was finding a Scum killer who might kill him. He says that it would help confirm some people, and that it might also catch a killer.

That's another thing: how does having a Watcher target a claimed Vanilla do anything to clear anyone? Sure, IF Walters was killed, we'd know exactly who did it, but that's a rather long shot, especially on the first Night, and especially when Walters' contributions yesterday were somewhat trivial at best. And if his request for Watching was scummy, then his request for Doctor protection was even moreso; *girly voice* "Oh, I'm an unconfirmed Vanilla Townie, please put your Watcher and Doctor on me because there's a slight chance of catching the Scum killer who wouldn't even bother to come after me anyway." *end girly voice* That makes sense from a Town perspective...how? The only way for his proposed scenario to work would be to put BOTH the Doctor and the Watcher on him (and even then, it wouldn't clear him, it would just clear the Doctor and Watcher).

Going back to his "please clear me quickly so I can run things" message, sure if he's Town, he appears eager. But if he's Scum, it sounds like he's unafraid of investigation. I'm beginning to wonder if Walters is the Scum Godfather, or some such similar role, that is immune to investigation and/or Watching. It would certainly explain his boldness in these requests; after all (assuming he's a Scum), from his view, even if I had become suspicious and set the Cop on him because of his scummy claim, the Cop wouldn't have gotten a Scum result on him.

The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that Walters is Scum. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner, but at least now there's a solid case against him.

Stop wondering why Burbank was killed, the reason is Metagaming, that's fine, but it does not warrant useless posts: Why would they kill him /cry.

Right, now. here is me wondering why Jason Falcon was in the shot, did something happen to him?

That's another thing: how does having a Watcher target a claimed Vanilla do anything to clear anyone?

He could have been in contact with someone else who claimed to have a (non-lethal) action, asked that someone to target him, and wanted a Watcher on him to confirm that the someone else did what he was told to do. (without the Watcher, that makes no sense unless the someone else has an investigative action, and the Watcher could always be lying, but that's the one way it could make sense to me)

Alrighty so here's what we've got, Wright was probably vig killed, I don't see why a serial killer would want to kill him except to avoid revealing himself by choosing a different target. I have to agree that I believe it is a worse strategy to publicly announce what those among us who have power roles should do as that unfortunately gives the Purists an opportunity to foil them. For the time being the power roles will have to work in the dark and off of their best judgment unless they have someone they know they can trust and then start building up their group behind the scenes and hopefully we won't have to worry about any of those Purists converting anyone either. As far as the killing of Lieutenant Burbank, I'm sorry to say that it looks like the Purists didn't want someone of his expertise on board this ship, which if they were concerned about expertise we may have to ponder about why they might have chosen not to target other members of the ship.

Right, now. here is me wondering why Jason Falcon was in the shot, did something happen to him?

I didn't receive any messages regarding my "targeting" last night. It can't be a mistake that I was shown, or else, well, it'd be a very silly mistake :wacko: . Of the possibilities I can think of right now, Wright may have been a bodyguard or a redirector was involved.

Yes yes, everyone posture and express your shock and concern over the night. The truth is, one of you is probably lying about being so broken up, and we've got a major loss to recover from without being fooled by that deception. Day 1, unfortunately, is always a shot in the dark, day 2 needs to be the beginning of a return to the light. None of this chatter is any more useful than the crap you were all spewing yesterday.

The problem here is that anyone with useful information will put themselves in danger if they step forward, and the rest of us are going to have to guess and sit around until they do, that means we need to organize something, and at this stage I don't see how to do it.

Note to the vigilante. You're a megablocking retard. Yeah, I can say that, I'm a megablocking admin Chief Astrobiology Officer and it's in my job description. Don't do it again until we have something more than 'oh geez, he looks funny to me,' like some evidence maybe. :hmpf:

Jeez. We really suck at this, don't we? :facepalm: I could have sworn that the two under suspicion yesterday were scumbags, but apparently we were all wrong.

I need to step back and read listen more carefully. At first I thought all this chatter would be useful, but it's become so lengthy that just trying to get through it all means sacrificing a good chunk of brain power.

I don't feel particularly inclined to make the discussion even more dense when I have nothing to add.