JackJonespaw

War of the Worlds Tripod

Well, it looks like I had time for yet one more entry in the Mi-Fi Contest: an alien Tripod from the 2005 War of the Worlds. (There were a couple of these, this one's from the Tom Cruise version.) This is one of my favorite movies, and the last time I watched it, I suddenly realized that this could be an entry.

7445267556_beb055590e_z.jpg

I'm not really happy with the head, but as the contest is over tonight, I don't have enough time to come up with a perfect solution.

In case you're wondering, this is this scene:

(Well, the first 15 seconds or so.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnUDQyOWbi8

Enojy!

Edited by JackJonespaw

Love the way you made the legs and shattered road. Not a fan of the head, maybe you could work on it some more. But lovely work. :sweet:

I agree that the road is fantastic :thumbup:

Good work on the tripod too, it resembles your source material quite well :classic:

Thats pretty cool, the legs look great. The head needs some work, as mentioned, but it's not that bad. The cracked road looks nice as well.

Very nice. I love that you included the hole that it crawls out of. :thumbup:

Fantastic mini-brickbuilt rendition of this alien tripod! I know it's quite hard to build in a small scale such as this and I think you really did a good job capturing the overall look and shape of the head pretty well considering the size and parts constraints. Very well done :thumbup:

You are always your own harshest critic... I think it's absolutely brilliant.

It's extremely recognizable, the details are great. The base is fantastic. I would vote for you (if I didn't enter) You'll do great!

Though I would have added a antenna bar so I could do some Pew Pew pwe action :laugh: