Pellaeon

[MOC] Pursuit over Tatooine

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Micro-scale version of the first scene of Star Wars: Darth Vader's Star Destroyer pursues Princess Leia's Tantive IV.

7434546914_5e50778602_z.jpg

I've been building small-scale Star Destroyers recently, and after building this one I had an epiphany: a way to make a to-scale Tantive IV with just four pieces -- it's so cute! :wub:

7434547652_cb0fc3e1e2_n.jpg 7434545944_8709ed3cc3_m.jpg

Click on any of the pictures to see full-size. The top picture is my entry for the "mi-fi" micro-scale sci-fi contest on flickr, though entering it was a bit of an afterthought (contest ends today). I hope you enjoy, thanks for looking!

You just proved that the simple solution is often the best one. That Tantive is absolutely adorable! :wub: And the Star Destroyer isn't bad either :laugh:

Everything about this is fantastic, the perspective in the shots, the simple cute build of the Tan IV, and the SD, as well as the perspective allowing you to use the Tatooine planet piece.

The forced perspective in the first shot works really well, at least sometimes. There seems to be some bizarre optical illusion going on where I look at it and Tatooine is in the backgound then I look again and it's in the foreground *huh*. Still, a lovely shot (can't believe you managed it on a iPhone!) and a brilliant Tantive IV. :thumbup:

Thanks everybody! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The forced perspective in the first shot works really well, at least sometimes. There seems to be some bizarre optical illusion going on where I look at it and Tatooine is in the backgound then I look again and it's in the foreground *huh*. Still, a lovely shot (can't believe you managed it on a iPhone!) and a brilliant Tantive IV. :thumbup:

Huh. Tatooine is always in the foreground when I look at it... it's probably awesome in the background, I'm jealous! :tongue:

Oddly enough, i kinda know what Praiter Yed is talking about. Maybe it's just a matter of wanting to see it in the background, but looking at the picture where the planet is a bit out of focus, i can almost imagine it being in the background. :laugh:

Huh. Tatooine is always in the foreground when I look at it... it's probably awesome in the background, I'm jealous! :tongue:

:laugh: If only you could see what I can see with my eyes.

Oddly enough, i kinda know what Praiter Yed is talking about. Maybe it's just a matter of wanting to see it in the background, but looking at the picture where the planet is a bit out of focus, i can almost imagine it being in the background. :laugh:

Thank you :sweet: . I think it's a case of if you look on the right side of the image with Tatooine out-of-focus it appears to be behind the Star Destroyer. As soon as you observe the picture as a whole and see Tantive IV is also out-of-focus the illusion is spoiled. :wink:

:laugh: If only you could see what I can see with my eyes.

Thank you :sweet: . I think it's a case of if you look on the right side of the image with Tatooine out-of-focus it appears to be behind the Star Destroyer. As soon as you observe the picture as a whole and see Tantive IV is also out-of-focus the illusion is spoiled. :wink:

I believe you, but I think because I took the picture, I just can't un-see the Star Destroyer's stand, which is clearly behind the planet. :grin:

If I get a chance, I'd like to put a proper camera on a tripod and try to take two picture (one of both ships in focus and one of the planet) and composite them together... that's probably the best way to achieve the desired effect without doing a total photoshop job.

Very clever designing there 'Pellaeon', excellent micro blockade runner and that turbo laser bolt is fantastic as well ! :grin:

Brick On Fight On against the Empire ! :grin:

I enjoyed the perspective you captured your Micro-scale scene in! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

There seems to be some bizarre optical illusion going on where I look at it and Tatooine is in the backgound then I look again and it's in the foreground *huh*.

I don't see it at all :wacko:.

I don't see it at all :wacko:.

Actually, after this comment...

I believe you, but I think because I took the picture, I just can't un-see the Star Destroyer's stand, which is clearly behind the planet. :grin:

...I've realised that my monitor at work is too dark and I could hardly see the stand :blush: - So maybe a bit of darker contrast on the background is all it needs :sweet:

The Taintive is perfect for its scale. I really want to build one now to go with my MIDI ISD. Great work!