getdamonkey

Most Insane TRU markup ever?

One time they showed one of those little Star Wars planet sets as being 50 USD, but it turned out to be a computer error. Never had any noteworthy markups that weren't in error though.

I visited the Toys 'r' Us Express at Lighthouse Place last week and came up 4737 Quidditch Match priced at $41.99. This is 110% above RRP in the US. Has anyone seen worse?

When I clicked and waited for this to load, I was thinking 9474 Helms Deep at $30 mark up was bad... You win. :laugh:

Saw this on Flickr. It's pretty sad. I used to always shop at Toys'R'Us for LEGO, but then they started have inflation. :cry_sad:

I think its a bummer that TRU marks up thier prices,considering that they get all the exclusive sets :hmpf_bad: (The Funhouse,Palpatine's Arrest,etc.)

Edited by Greedo24

I think its a bummer that TRU marks up thier prices,considering that they get all the exclusive sets :hmpf_bad: (The Funhouse,Palpatine's Arrest,etc.)

And the most too(in my case). Target has a pitiful LEGO aisle compared to TRU. I grit my teeth when I buy at TLG, but if I want a set and not want to wait for S@H, I go there.