BearHeart

What licensed themes would you like to see?

If TLG made any Zelda sets I would like Twilight princess ones, because the setting darker, the characters designs are great and there are a lot of locations to choose from.

not sure if its been mentioned, but studio ghibli. would be amazing to see in lego film... howls moving castle, the actual castle, would be one epic build. [guess what im watching, lol] any of them would be a dream come true.

@x105Black - I avoided any of the 2d games (inc Link Between Worlds which although 3d is in a 2d style) as I find it easier to imagine what a set would be like when based on 3d images. Also the best Zelda game is generally the first one you complete/first one you play in the sweet spot of 8-14 years old for gaming in my experience, it's why I don't bother arguing over which is the best...you might as well just ask how old someone is and what age they started gaming and you can probably guess what they'll say.

Fair enough, it was my opinion after all. But I think a Link to the Past has a lot of potential for sets as well. Ocarina of Time would be the next most preferred.

If TLG made any Zelda sets I would like Twilight princess ones, because the setting darker, the characters designs are great and there are a lot of locations to choose from.

Twilight Princess would be great as well, but I'd prefer them to stay away from the whole wolf transformation thing.

I just want to see some typical medieval fantasy Legend of Zelda sets.

If they did a Legend of Zelda theme, I'd actually like it if the sets were designed pastiche-style, i.e. not Ocarina's Water Temple or Twilight Princess's Water Temple or Wind Waker's Water Temple, but a more generalized Water Temple combining elements of several with some new design motifs specific to the LEGO sets.

If they did a Legend of Zelda theme, I'd actually like it if the sets were designed pastiche-style, i.e. not Ocarina's Water Temple or Twilight Princess's Water Temple or Wind Waker's Water Temple, but a more generalized Water Temple combining elements of several with some new design motifs specific to the LEGO sets.

That could be even better, and would also allow for a LEGO Legend of Zelda game. Now that could be cool.

Legend of Zelda is one theme I'd really love to see, since there is a definite lack of medieval fantasy themes and this series is one of my favorite examples.

A-Team would work. And it would be easy to do. 500 pieces to make a detailed van, 4 figures and weapons, $50 US.

James Bond (if it hasn`t already been done), if Lego can do a Batcopter, then why not the "Little Nell" gyro-copter from You only Live Twice, all the Bond baddies would make brilliant minifigures!

Hey, you and me both. I still hope it happens someday, even if we obviously have to wait a while before it's even a possibility.

I know it might be a pipe dream, but I really, really, really want to see LEGO Star Trek! And not the new reboot series, I mean Classic Star Trek. Something based off of the first ten films and six series. And I don't just want multiple sets with Kirk, Spock and Picard. I want sets with characters like Tom Paris, Odo, Trip Tucker, Q, etc. It pains me that Star Wars has so many sets and that even Dr. Who now has an official set and yet Star Trek keeps getting the trash heap. Star Trek NEEDS some LEGO love!

However, that said, I worry it may never happen. Those crappy Kre-O figures didn't sell well. And maybe it's because they were Kre-O and maybe it was because they were based on the reboot series or maybe a little of both? I have not heard good things however from the Prime Universe Star Trek Minimates either, or really any Star Trek related toy aimed at children. I worry, as much as it pains me to admit this, that Star Trek is a brand that no longer attracts children the way it used to. Gone are the days from the 1990's were the Star Trek action figures had as much shelf space in Toys R Us as the Star Wars figures.

My hope is that these Mega Blocks sets do well to the point that they last a few years and exploit all five main bridge crews and not just TOS, and then in a few years CBS moves the rights over to LEGO. I just worry that won't be the case. Custom LEGOs might be the best we ever get. :(

I'd quite like to see some Thunderbird sets out there. I'm not aware of any other brick building brand owning the rights to make sets so its always a possibility.

The other thing I'd like to see (although not a "new" licence) is Indiana Jones, I was watching The Last Crusade the other day and it made me sad to think how many sets we didn't see.

It's not a brick building toy but mecanno is a construction toy and they have a licence for thunderbirds, I'd imagine that their licence prevents any other type of construction toy while they have their stuff in production, but honestly they look awful so no idea how hard they'd fight to keep the licence if sales are down.

The other thing I'd like to see (although not a "new" licence) is Indiana Jones, I was watching The Last Crusade the other day and it made me sad to think how many sets we didn't see.

This is pure speculation and hope, but I'm betting that after the new Star Wars is out on Blu-ray and the next one is out, Disney might finally start working on Indiana Jones 5. If/when that film comes out, I have a hard time believing that there wouldn't be new LEGO sets for the film or that all the sets would be based on the then new film. Ditto Pirates of the Caribbean. I bet more sets from both are in our future.

the original Get smart could be good for a few sets:

Max's Car

The chief's office (complete with cone of silence and armory)

Max and 99's apartment (with spy traps)

KAOS Hideout

CONTROL Lab

A set with only Max and Agent 13 (with props to hide 13 in.

Welcome Back Kotter could give us the Sweathogs' classroom but that's about it.

Gilligan's Island could give us:

Gilligan and Skipper's hut.

The wreckage of the Minnow.

The Howells' hut

The Professor's makeshift lab

Ginger and Mary Ann's hut

The Dining Table

I would LOVE for LEGO to make a Pacific Rim or Pacific Rim 2(when it comes out) action figures.

Edited by Fuzzytrexy

Power Rangers movie is coming next year, I know this is only a dream and TLG already has two teams of unique characters wearing the same suits with different colors (Ninjago and Nexo), but that would have been awesome to see a dream team of my childhood in LEGO sets.

Also, I'd love to see more sets based on video games. Especially, Warcraft or Final Fantasy - their universes are so broad, that it leaves lots of space for designers to make sets of!

I'd love to see a Spellbinder theme, with Paul, Ashka, Riana, the tower and ship, the power suit, the boat, Kathy, Josh, Lord Dragon and his sister...but this is just a dream...

Edited by notpennysboat

I think the Muppets would be great for LEGO, and I think it could actually happen sometime. I'd also dearly love to see My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but that one will obviously not happen, alas.

I know it might be a pipe dream, but I really, really, really want to see LEGO Star Trek! And not the new reboot series, I mean Classic Star Trek. Something based off of the first ten films and six series. And I don't just want multiple sets with Kirk, Spock and Picard. I want sets with characters like Tom Paris, Odo, Trip Tucker, Q, etc. It pains me that Star Wars has so many sets and that even Dr. Who now has an official set and yet Star Trek keeps getting the trash heap. Star Trek NEEDS some LEGO love!

However, that said, I worry it may never happen. Those crappy Kre-O figures didn't sell well. And maybe it's because they were Kre-O and maybe it was because they were based on the reboot series or maybe a little of both? I have not heard good things however from the Prime Universe Star Trek Minimates either, or really any Star Trek related toy aimed at children. I worry, as much as it pains me to admit this, that Star Trek is a brand that no longer attracts children the way it used to. Gone are the days from the 1990's were the Star Trek action figures had as much shelf space in Toys R Us as the Star Wars figures.

My hope is that these Mega Blocks sets do well to the point that they last a few years and exploit all five main bridge crews and not just TOS, and then in a few years CBS moves the rights over to LEGO. I just worry that won't be the case. Custom LEGOs might be the best we ever get. :(

CBS is currently developing a new series. I think that represents the best hope for toys / kids' merchandise in general, and LEGO in particular. Crossing fingers..,

This is pure speculation and hope, but I'm betting that after the new Star Wars is out on Blu-ray and the next one is out, Disney might finally start working on Indiana Jones 5. If/when that film comes out, I have a hard time believing that there wouldn't be new LEGO sets for the film or that all the sets would be based on the then new film. Ditto Pirates of the Caribbean. I bet more sets from both are in our future.

As we now know, Disney / Lucasfilm is indeed doing just that. Given their extensive, fruitful history of partnership together, and the fact the 2008 / 2009 line did well, I think LEGO Indy's return is all but assured.

Warcraft, just imagine a UCS Icecrown Citadel......

Other interesting themes would be Icewind Dale or The Elder Scrolls.

Am I the only one dying for a Green Arrow set based on the show? So many awesome possibilities. I'm a huge fan of the show, and I'm considering turning to customs to get all the characters and do a MOC.

Most of the things I'd like are definitely never happening.

Assassin's Creed, Alien, Mortal Kombat, Dead Space, Dishonored, Uncharted... Sharknado, even.

^ I'm all for that! I'd also like some sets based off The Flash!

Likewise, it would be a great way to get some more variants if they looked at the CW shows...

check out my LEGO Ideas project ;)