BearHeart

What licensed themes would you like to see?

I'd like to Fantastic Beasts, man it'd be amazing if they did that. It'd open up a dimension of fun.

Are you hinting that Harry Potter is coming to Lego Dimesnions?

People would know by now and would be hinting at it like a snake, I think.

A basilisk? Ohh, you're good.

People would know by now and would be hinting at it like a snake, I think.

So...you're telling me there's a chance? :sweet:

Are you hinting that Harry Potter is coming to Lego Dimesnions?

He better be...that might interest me in the game. Or at least a pack.

I have two:

- Interstellar: that awesome movie deserves its own theme. We could get TARS and the ship they all fly on, plus maybe hidden NASA HQ?

- Formula 1: The Speed Champions theme is pretty good. However, we only have Ferrari and McLaren (and we got tons of Ferraris in the past) and for next year's rumors there seem to be no more F1 cars/scuderias by now. The F1 license would give LEGO the opportunity to create cars for every team!

However, I find both really unlikely to happen, since interstellar is more of an adult movie and making F1 teams would probably mean having to make agreements with every Scuderia on its own.

If I could pick two licensed themes they would be:

Star Trek (Classic): I know it's an obvious choice but I would buy every set they made of that, even it it was only one set (as long as it was the Enterprise) I would be fine with that.

Fallout 4: I would love to see a post-apocalyptic Boston made in lego. Between Fenway Park Dimond City, the Capital Building and a vault, I would be awesome to see a theme set in a post-apocalyptic "future".

I know neither would happen though, If they could make a Star Trek theme, they would've already, and Fallout is not kid-friendly, so these will be left for the imagination.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

I know neither would happen though, If they could make a Star Trek theme, they would've already, and Fallout is not kid-friendly, so these will be left for the imagination.

Star Trek was made by Mega Blocks recently, I think. Can anyone confirm that?

I would love to see The Hunger Games, and definitely the Wizard of Oz.

Star Trek was made by Mega Blocks recently, I think. Can anyone confirm that?

I would love to see The Hunger Games, and definitely the Wizard of Oz.

Well, we are indeed getting at least an eensy bit of The Wizard of Oz, though possibly very little.

Star Trek was recently done by Hasbro, which did KRE-O sets in conjunction with the last two movies (the quasi-reboot ones by J. J. Abrams, though the sets appeared to draw upon a little more than just the movie storylines), and the rights have now gone to Mega Bloks (which incidentally already did a single Star Trek set back in the early / mid 2000s).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Star Trek was recently done by Hasbro, which did KRE-O sets in conjunction with the last two movies (the quasi-reboot ones by J. J. Abrams, though the sets appeared to draw upon a little more than just the movie storylines), and the rights have now gone to Mega Bloks (which incidentally already did a single Star Trek set back in the early / mid 2000s).

Well, I guess that goes to show how little I follow knock-off lego brands. Even though sets have been made by other companies, I still want Lego to do a series, I guess I'm a bit of a Lego-snob in that way. :def_shrug:

Well, I guess that goes to show how little I follow knock-off lego brands. Even though sets have been made by other companies, I still want Lego to do a series, I guess I'm a bit of a Lego-snob in that way. :def_shrug:

Hey, you and me both. I still hope it happens someday, even if we obviously have to wait a while before it's even a possibility.

I know LEGO is doing a Scooby Doo license, other Hanna-Barbera (a divsion of Warner Bros.) licenses I would like to see next:

* The Flintstones

* The Jetsons

* Dexter's Laboratory

* The Powerpuff Girls

Legends of Zelda

300px-Twilight.jpg

Mario

180px-GalaxyBosses.jpg

Invader Zim

MV5BMTMxMjYzMDg3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA5MzI0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Bastion

Bastion_Boxart.jpg

Child of Light

child-of-light.jpg

Portal

2011-05-01-portal2.jpg

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Well, Portal is in fact happening, albeit in a very limited capacity as far as actual physical brick sets are concerned, so far as we know.

Mario

Well, I'm about to eat my own bullet here, but Mario is being made into a... K... K'n... :enough: K'nex line. :wall: It's terrible but construction sets do exist, now time to commit a self exorcism. :sadnew: I guess I keep up with Lego knock-off brands more than I thought. :look:

Personally I don't think a Mario line would work as sets, I may be mistaken, but a CMS could work well.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Here are a some examples from other builders

large.jpgcont_ph_d913807bca59fa886faaa0a427b0d332.jpg

I know this is to big and that Knex ripped of Lego mini figures

bob-omb_610.jpgIMG_1816-600x326.jpg

7548085704_2f931b0f59_b.jpg

thumb640x360.jpglego-bastion-by-Matt-De-Lanoy.jpg

Said this in another thread, but a Jim Henson license would be great.

The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock would be popular, at least as far as minifigures are concerned, but there are also iconic locations to build.

Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal would be fantastic, appealing to the nostalgia of AFOLs, while creating interesting sets for kids (and hopefully kindling within them an interest in these wonderful classic family films).

I'm also going to say one that I imagine will never happen, but it's definitely a dream license for me: Dragonlance.

Smurfs.

I know that it was done by blok, but I passed since to me, "It's not a brick, unless it's a Lego brick."

They looked awful, and the display set up in Chicago by Mr. Lee was just brilliant.

Personally I don't think a Mario line would work as sets, I may be mistaken, but a CMS could work well.

I think a Mario theme could be amazing but only assuming that the Mario character rights cover a wide range of Mario games, e.g Mario Kart (I've tried a couple of the K'nex ones, they suck!) which could give vehicles, along with classic video games, thinking the flying ships that were in one of the 2D platform ones, and the classic castles from the early games.

Similarly I'd love it if LEGO got the licence for Pokemon as I tried one of the Ionix sets and it was awful, but have seen some truly fantastic LEGO brickbuilt pokemon.

Zelda would be a much stronger licence in my opinion, and would satisfy a lot of the Classic castle annoyance over Nexo Knights. Given how many games there are to chose from, again if the licence was wide enough you could get a great mix - e.g.

Small set - Skyward Sword - Loftwing - could be similar to a Chima Legend Beast of slightly larger - Skyloft Link Minifigure

Small set - Twilight Princess - Ordon Ranch (just as an excuse to have some goats in a low cost set) - you know that they would sell well, could essentially be a bit of fencing with a gate, Link & Fado minifigures, Goat and some sort of hay/feeding point.

Small/Medium set - Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Bridge - small bridge across a Chasm with collapsing play feature (Similar to Ninjago Lava Falls set) and the carpenters tent, Link, Epona, Mutoh and Gerudo guard minifigures.

Medium set - Majora's Mask - Romani Ranch Milk Wagon - Milk Wagon, pulled by horses, with Milk tanks on the back, Young Link, Cremia and Goman Bros (on horses) Minifigures.

Medium set - Wind Waker - King of Red Lions - Boat with changeable sail/canon/grappling hook - Toon Link and Tetra minifigures

Large set - Could cover several different games most likely Ocarina of Time version - Ganon showdown - Large brick built Ganon, some breakable scenery - Link and Zelda Minifigures

D2C set - UCS style Hyrule Castle - Would be an amazing thing for Nintendo fans, but probably too limited appeal to sell really well - could include Hyrule Guard, Link, Zelda for any game, then depending on specifics of which game they base it on -

Ocarina of time - Ganondorf, Impa

Twilight Princess - Midna, Wolf Link, Zant, Twilight Beast

Wind Waker - King of Red Lions in Human form, Moblin, Iron Knuckle

A lot of the bosses from the series would be great as brick built creatures too, would love a Kind Dodongo or Volvagia (Dragon) with a Darunia Bigfig/minifig included.

The downside to saying all this is that several Zelda projects have failed the review for Ideas/Cuusoo, so there's probably a bigger reason for that, which I really wish LEGO would have just disclosed.

I'm sure I've mentioned this in a couple different threads already but I'll mention it here too:

Disney theme parks

The parks contain a plethora of iconic structures and vehicles, including castles, trains, spaceships, and spinning teacups. They could cross it over with other Disney licenses, including Star Wars. The "themed lands" conceit provides an opportunity to present a variety of environments and moods within the same line.

I sure that I already mentioned in another topic but well, I just hope for a Lego Transformers theme although I doubt it will happen.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Zelda would be a much stronger licence in my opinion, and would satisfy a lot of the Classic castle annoyance over Nexo Knights. Given how many games there are to chose from, again if the licence was wide enough you could get a great mix

I completely agree, but I didn't see you mention the best Zelda game: A Link to the Past!

@x105Black - I avoided any of the 2d games (inc Link Between Worlds which although 3d is in a 2d style) as I find it easier to imagine what a set would be like when based on 3d images. Also the best Zelda game is generally the first one you complete/first one you play in the sweet spot of 8-14 years old for gaming in my experience, it's why I don't bother arguing over which is the best...you might as well just ask how old someone is and what age they started gaming and you can probably guess what they'll say.