BearHeart

What licensed themes would you like to see?

What themes would you like to see lLEGO make in the near future. Personally, Id like to see more Harry Potter sets in the future, unfortunately its seems LEGO is not making anymore. I kind of like the avatar sets, I have the Air Temple. I dont watch the show but after reading up about it I think there is potential for some neat sets.

As for totally new themes, Id like to see Eragon LEGO but that might be a bit out of LEGO's age range. I think Redwall would also make a neat theme, its a series of childrens books with animals playing the roles of humans in a mediaval setting.

I speak on behalf of almost everyone when I say Lord of the Rings. This is just a theme DYING to be made in Lego form. I don't think it will happen, as with the movies released a few years ago, the ideal time to have the Lego being released along with them (creating bigger profits).

I would love to see a Dune theme. We could have Fremen, Ornithopters, Harvesters, CarryAlls, both the houses, Sarduakor. It would be amazing.

I would also have liked to see a Pirates of the Caribbean theme becuase I love the movies, I love Pirates, and it would be a way for Lego to reintroduce the Pirates in a more financially safe way. It seems that movie liscences usually have pretty good designs too (Harry Potter werent bad, and Star Wars are usually really good)

Ooh, do games count? <_< If so, Tales of Symphonia, definitely.

Otherwise...nothing really *sad*

A series of anime figs would be pretty sweet though. Just figs. It would be an interesting idea, a fig line of your favorite anime characters. They'd be a little more expensive than normal figs (I'd say $4-6US/fig, otherwise they wouldn't make money), but still...

I'd like see more Harry Potter, especially with the potential for those invisible horses, giants and centaurs of the next book.

I also would not like to see any more licenses, as they contain flesh tones, which I don't like.

Steve

Let me think maybe 24 it would cool hid outs , cars, and lots of other stuff like the cliff were the car with the mother and daugeter fall off. Kids would not know about, it but we can drem.

I would love to see a Dune theme. We could have Fremen, Ornithopters, Harvesters, CarryAlls, both the houses, Sarduakor. It would be amazing.

Interesting choice. I'm a big fan, but seriously doubt Lego would ever consider a minifig of Paul Atreides.

I wanted to see Lego offer King Kong adventure sets.

Interesting choice. I'm a big fan, but seriously doubt Lego would ever consider a minifig of Paul Atreides.

I'd like to see a Honored Matre's sexual enslavement storyteller set... 8-

I speak on behalf of almost everyone when I say Lord of the Rings. This is just a theme DYING to be made in Lego form. I don't think it will happen, as with the movies released a few years ago, the ideal time to have the Lego being released along with them (creating bigger profits).

It's a missed opportunity of the Lego company not to get a LOTR licence.

That would have been very complementary with classic-castle.

When the first LOTR movie came out, it was about the same time of the first Harry Potter movie.

So I guess that TLC decide to go for Harry :-(

I would like to see a Roman theme (and they won't even have to buy a license).

I would also have liked to see a Pirates of the Caribbean theme becuase I love the movies, I love Pirates, and it would be a way for Lego to reintroduce the Pirates in a more financially safe way.

You better get Megabloks out of the way then...

Sting, Peter Jackson has expressed interest in making The Hobbit into a film. See here.

And I'd like to see Eragon and Jurassic Park. Brick and KK joint dragons, and the same with a 14.99 Tyrannosaur. Oh Yeah.

EDIT: And The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That would be amazing. A Vogsphere playset and Slartibartfast minifigs.

And I'd like to see Eragon and Jurassic Park. Brick and KK joint dragons, and the same with a 14.99 Tyrannosaur. Oh Yeah.

They tried Jurassic Park in the Studios theme. It sucked. Personally, I would like something like Halo or Grand Theft Auto , but that's just me.

EDIT: And The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That would be amazing. A Vogsphere playset and Slartibartfast minifigs.

I second that *sweet* .

I'd like to see more car theme's like the Ferrari licences. Jeep, Ford, cand chevey would be good ones i think.

LOTR - way too old

Eragon - too late, I've seen sooo many trailers and videogame commercials lately

Jurassic Park - too old and already experimented with

Hitchhiker's - Not kid friendly enough (I thought there was only one Slartibartfast)

HTA & HALO - Definatley not kid friendly but what are they going to make with GTA, It will just be Lego Racers all over again plus a guy with a bat tommy.

POTC3 - It's pretty much to late to get it now, If TLC wanted it they should have got it as soon as the first one came out, but hey one is better than none I guess.

I can't think of any good licenced themes that lego could do.

yeah........ go 24 ;-) *wub*

Err.... 75px-Answer_to_Life.png

But on February 23rd, 2007 you can go watch Jim Carrey compulsively obsess over The Number 23!

Hitchhiker's - Not kind friendly enough (I thought there was only one Slartibartfast)

How is it not kid friendly? The most violent thing in the movie is a few Vogons with laser tummies. And besides, there are enough vehicles and locations to please everyone.

And yes, there is only one Slartibartfast, but I'm hoping he'd appear in more then one set.

Kid Friendly (Not kind friendly :-$ ) doesn't necessarily mean R-rated, it's just not the kind of things small children would be interested in. Hitchhiker's deals with a lot of obscure and complex philosophies and exotic and witty humor, thus creating a very intricate plot with many multi-dimensional characters. This is not what exuberant little jumping beans want. They want black and white, good and evil, with constant edge-of-your-seat action. It is the only way to manage their miniscule attention span.

Thunderbirds !!!

Out of scale, naturally...

I worked that out once. In true scale (taking a minifig to be 5-6ft) TB2 would be roughly about 2ft long! Then again, at least there'd be loads of green.

And The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That would be amazing. A Vogsphere playset and Slartibartfast minifigs.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Oh, and more Superheroes- maybe some JLA or Fantastic Four. It'd be good to see how LEGO tackled someone like Plastic Man or Mr Fantastic. Invisible Woman might be a little pointless... ;-) :-D