Sign in to follow this  
vittorio

Hallo/Ciao/Hola

Long-time listener, first-time caller! Been lurking for years. Planning to join a contest, so I might as well make my presence known.

Name: Vitto

Focus themes: modular buildings, city, trains

MOC site: Flickr but I can't post a link yet or edit my signature

Other interests: carbohydrates, hibernation

Body parts injured by LEGO bricks: arms, lower leg, fingernails, gums, soles

Most embarrassing LEGO moment ever: Using the old brick remover as a minifig speedboat and discovering its real purpose only after my dark age

Saddest LEGO moment ever: Closing my eyes and imagining that I was playing with sets that my parents thought were too expensive

Most ridiculous LEGO daydream: TLG offering me a job at age 8 to work as their in-house product tester

Not-so-ridiculous LEGO daydream: approaching Jamie Berard at an event, clutching the box and instructions for Cafe Corner for him to sign. "I.Am.Such.A.Huge.Fan!"

Age started playing with LEGO: 7

First set bought: 535 Basic Building Set 5+, involving a dramatic stand-off at the toy store with my parents on Christmas eve

Start of dark age: 1997

Catalogs accumulated while visiting LEGO retailers during dark age: 7

End of dark age: 2008

Set that ended my dark age and opened the floodgates of cash: Fast Flyers

Set I regret selling: Fast Flyers

Set I regret not buying: Town Plan

Last set bought: Stephanie's Outdoor Bakery + some Series 7 figs

Set I will buy next: Town Hall

Bah, who am I kidding --- sets I will buy next: Town Hall, Sopwith Camel, Winter Village Post Office, maaaayyybbbeee Winter Village Bakery as well and oooh that new big R2-D2 looks cute too. Oy vey!

Edited by vittorio

Welcome to Eurobricks! That's an awesome introduction, it made me chuckle. How'd you injure your gums? Were you...no...eating your Lego?! :laugh: What contest are you planning to enter? I'm guessing it's the modular one...

Enjoy the site,

-purpleparadox

Great introduction indeed. I was also a lurker for many years before I joined. Anyways, I hope you continue to enjoy our wonderful community. :classic:

How'd you injure your gums? Were you...no...eating your Lego?! :laugh: What contest are you planning to enter? I'm guessing it's the modular one...

I was trying to detach two plates stacked together. This was before I knew how to use the brick separator (ergo most of my pre-dark age bricks have bite marks). I was trying to wedge my teeth on two opposite corners, then they suddenly came apart and scraped my gums. Ow.

Yup, its the modular contest.