Sign in to follow this  
karl1

MF courtyard

Im getting ready to start building my moc MF castle as soon as I get more large baseplates but here is a start, it is the front yard or courtyard. I converted it from the main castle which was way to small and tight for a castle but with some mods makes a great fence.

20120624_214405.jpg

20120624_214419.jpg

20120624_214437.jpg

Edited by karl1

Looks great. What do you plan on putting in the courtyard? Did you use one or two castle sets for this? It is quite symmetrical.

I like to envision somehow working the castle, zombies, laboratory, and haunted house into some motif but it seems to be overkill.

Edited by ETAV8R

Well, I wanted to do a cemetary in it but I lack the parts right now. This was made with one castle kit. I have ordered a bunch of custom zombies which will be outside the walls trying to get in, and I am thinking the warewolf set in the yard. the monster set will go in a room of the castle so not in the yard.

I like your idea for using the Vampyre Castle as an entrance of a courtyard. My only tip I have for you, is to spice up your side walls a bit with more light and dark grey masonry bricks or 2x1 plates sideways on the wall. The knights on the walls look terrefic!

Looks great so far. :thumbup:

I've been thinking of expanding my copy of the Vampyre Castle too, as it is my first big castle.

You could put that fence around 10228 Haunted House in a few months. That will give you time to tweak it as needed. I like where you're at now. The fence pieces as iron bars in the fence is a nice touch. I like the knights, but what about putting them on every other one? Otherwise, if you extend the wall any more, it's going to take a lot more knights and in my opinion, look kind of strange.

Nice idea. :thumbup: Have you considered adding some columns or pilasters along the walls? Maybe supporting every other knight? The top of the wall sitting entirely over a ribbon of bars doesn't look quite right. Also, more vertical elements -> stronger impression of gothic construction, IMO.

Oh man the first pic feels like it is right out of Castlevania. Nice layout.

-Omi