Sign in to follow this  
ZORK64

REVIEW: 6230 Stormer XL

Is it me or does Stormer look like a certain autobot we all know :laugh: , either way great review and now I know I won't pass him up, mainly because he's a great parts pack for new and old pieces.

Edited by Zachattacx

Is it me or does Stormer look like a certain autobot we all know :laugh: , either way great review and now I know I won't pass him up, mainly because he's a great parts pack for new and old pieces.

Just so you know, the revamped Stormer I build looks even more like that certain Autobot. But yes, there is some resemblance, though the proportions aren't exactly the same.

Given that Stormer is the heroic leader of the Alpha Team, the resemblance fits nicely.

Wow, I love the way this figure looks! Coolest Stormer yet! Really great new parts. I ordered two off amazon yesterday, one for parts, and to modify the first.

Thank you for the excellent review.

Just so you know, the revamped Stormer I build looks even more like that certain Autobot. But yes, there is some resemblance, though the proportions aren't exactly the same.

Given that Stormer is the heroic leader of the Alpha Team, the resemblance fits nicely.

You finished the revamp? Mind posting some pictures?

You finished the revamp? Mind posting some pictures?

Yes, the new Stormer is done. I'll take pictures once I've recovered from that cold I have just right now. But once I have, I'll most likely post them on MOCpages.

However, don't expect a totally mindblowing clever new build. In fact, the upper torso of my Stormer is simpler than that from Stormer XL (I also ditched the new chest piece).

Great review! Stormer has never been my favorite hero, and this design is just okay to me. I'll end up getting it, though.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fact the sticker sheets are different than the patterns seen on TV. The CGI Stormer XL has so much more fabulous details in that regard...

Edited by wghost

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fact the sticker sheets are different than the patterns seen on TV. The CGI Stormer XL has so much more fabulous details in that regard...

Well, besides the TV episodes' patterns being spread more evenly across the body instead of simply appearing where the chest piece and leg shells have conveniently flat surfaces, there's not that much of a difference.

One bigger difference I do see in the TV episodes, besides the rotation of his lower legs so the larger shells face forward, is that he has friction joints on his shoulders. I sure would have loved if the set had those! It would have made his arms that extra bit longer that they really need, and it would have made the set an even better parts pack.