Flobnomdob

My Dream second wave LOTR sets

I really like the tent idea for a battle pack. It makes perfect sense too. I can just see a whole camp full of them readying for battle.

My only suggestion would be ditch the two named characters and place 2 more Rohan soldiers in their place. It's gonna be a pretty bad army builder if 2 of the 4 characters are named, specific people. This is the same complaint I have with the Uruk-Hai Army set, and really my only main complaint with that set.

Wow! These are great, I can certainly see TLC making sets like these in the future! :thumbup:

My only suggestion would be ditch the two named characters and place 2 more Rohan soldiers in their place. It's gonna be a pretty bad army builder if 2 of the 4 characters are named, specific people. This is the same complaint I have with the Uruk-Hai Army set, and really my only main complaint with that set.

I agree, for two reasons. Firstly, there should be no named characters in a battle back. Secondly, didn't Hama die at the start of the Warg attack, whilst the people of Rohan were retreating to the Hornberg? Why not replace them with generic soldiers, and add a horse too? After all, it's what the people of Rohan were renowned for, and is also on their coat of arms.

How about this?

7477349564_35c1d0f9bb_z.jpg

Gamling is now not named on the imagined back of this box :wink:, and Hama is replaced by a generic horseman. (He's to come with Hall of Edoras instead now)

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Flobnomdob

Amon Hen set now added! Hoping for more feedback! :wink:

Seriously, I think it's a must buy for me for the nasgul and the witch king, and perhaps Balrog as well if LEGO ever made them.

They should made another 1 scene... arwen vs the ring wraiths... at the river... that's also pretty epic.

It would be amazing if even a few of these made it as sets! Those are some really spectacular ideas.

I don't think so, because I'd rather inspire the TLG designers than force it upon them, and I doubt these'll reach 10,000 supporters. If they don't then these ideas are doomed and TLG could feel obliged not to release anything that'd look like stealing my ideas. This is part of why I think CUUSOOing ideas like this could actually lessen the chances of sets being made.

I'd love a Rohan battle pack, but knowing TLG they will make it 2 Rohan Soldiers and 2 Orcs. Either way I'd be totally fine with it :thumbup:

I'd love a Rohan battle pack, but knowing TLG they will make it 2 Rohan Soldiers and 2 Orcs. Either way I'd be totally fine with it :thumbup:

Probably. I like it most when they have army builders that only contain one type of troop as well. That way if you want say 20 Rohan Soldiers and 40 Mordor Orcs you can buy 5 Rohan army builder packs and 10 Mordor Orc ones and get your desired number. If they have 2 good, 2 bad guys then you are stuck with an even amount unless you go and eBay or Bricklink all the extras off and that can be a bit of pain.

Love the battle packs!

Not a fan of more and more sets that include Gandolph, Frodo, Aragorn... I don't want 20 Frodos. (Especially with the stubby legs). Not a fan of the stubs that don't move.

Hey, don't want to criticize your good work, but you should think about removing the official LEGO logo from your images. TLG does not want to see their Logo on custom made sets, to avoid confusion among their customers. And it is their right after all.

Sorry, for this interception, let the discussion go on!