lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

Oh sorry, I've seen your new picture of the bridge. I thought that the bridge was going to be on the side of the road, not together with the road. I got fooled with the other pictures :laugh: . About the road pieces, didn't you like if LEGO made singular sets with just one stretch of road?

Sorry for misleading you 'LegofreakKO345', I photographed it in that position because it was the easiest to do. :blush:

I need to buy some slope 10 6x8 pieces in dark bluey grey.....hope I don't need to strip them off my forest police station. :blush:

They are need for the train crossing. :wink:

Updating a.s.a.p. :blush:

Sorry for misleading you 'LegofreakKO345', I photographed it in that position because it was the easiest to do. :blush:

I need to buy some slope 10 6x8 pieces in dark bluey grey.....hope I don't need to strip them off my forest police station. :blush:

They are need for the train crossing. :wink:

Updating a.s.a.p. :blush:

I can see you will be expanding your town to the right... or left, depending the point of view :laugh: . Well, if you don't want to strip those pieces from your forest police station, you can buy them on bricklink or on Pick a Brick.

You are right 'LegofreakKO345', both directions....it won't get any deeper than 48 stud but width-wise....oh, man add up to another 100 to the left and right side on top of what is being done so far.

Hopefully I can pick up some parts today to finish the gap between bridge entrance and the bank building.

Updating later....keep watching ! :classic:

The bridge / overhead roadway looks promising!

Oh, maybe one long term suggestion for you: Your sticker work really is fascinating and effective but you might look into how you do the smaller ones which look like they could use more resolution or clarity or a better image editing program or somesuch.

Thanks for comments 'The Warden', I just use the software in my laptop.....you can see objects are fuzzy only close up and in a train layout you would only quickly go over tiny details....it's all about the action ! :laugh:

I will try and have at least the roads done in the next few days, but I must scoot back to my BOC U.K. build as they are wondering why it's not finished.....strange I had not got the okay for the extra work but I guess it's all okay.

Anyway my town is still a huge w-i-p, so suggestions and comments are welcome as always ! :classic:

Brick On......and keep on watching ! :classic:

Well folks it's been a few days since I've done some work for my little town, jobs have dried up and cash flow is poor so I can only use what I have on hand.

Here is a w-i-p of a new tyre dealer....no name yet for it, still working on the roof and part of the side wall to be finished.

tyre_dealer_2012_98.jpg

tyre_dealer_2012_99.jpg

More to come with this and more with all my other works too ! :wink:

Man, I was worried! You didn't update your town for more than a week! The tyre dealer is nice (like always). And, like you say, brick on!

Man, I was worried! You didn't update your town for more than a week! The tyre dealer is nice (like always). And, like you say, brick on!

Don't worry I'll be working and reworking some things in the town and maybe layout today......keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Spent part of this evening working on the tyre dealer, lowering the roof level so the side door isn't dwarfed by the roller door.

Plus tomorrow I might start on a structure to join it - say tractor sales perhaps.

Suggestions as well as comments are always welcome......keep watching ! :classic:

Plans are changing.....the Ford dealer is merging with the new tyre fitting workshop and then a section to the right of said workshop will have tyres stacked up followed by tractors, etc., on display.....hope to have something to show tomorrow night (very bust work day, so no building today....oops :blush: ).

Please any suggestions, etc., are always welcome. :classic:

I really like that jack in the tire shop... looks very cool

I really like that jack in the tire shop... looks very cool

Thanks 'medib', I seem to have the knack for building realistic props for my town.....I always consider it a challenge. :grin:

The Ford dealer building will keep it's frontage, but depth might change....not sure until I move it and merge it.....keep watching ! :wink:

Changes are happening....ever so slowly. The Ford dealer building has been moved....dam, more 48x48 base plates needed ! :blush:

00_new_mannum_main_street_adjustments_98.jpg

The flow of structures seems better now, or is it just me ? :blush::laugh:

00_new_mannum_main_street_adjustments_99.jpg

Of course, there is much more to come.....keep watching ! :wink:

I think that post office roof need's some attention,in terms of the slopes being pushed down a bit more.

I also have to say that red does not suit it.......

Ps happy birthday Lightningtiger.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Your town is looking good! And whatever place the buildings will be, it will be good anyway. Can't wait for more updated. Oh and Happy birthday tiger! :classic:

Edit: Correction on the words.

Edited by LegofreakKO345

Looking good LT!! I do like the way you've used the "bricks" bricks in the tyre dealer (simple but effective!)

Looking forward to seeing more...

I think that post office roof need's some attention,in terms of the slopes being pushed down a bit more.

I also have to say that red does not suit it.......

Ps happy birthday Lightningtiger.:sweet:

First, thanks for the birthday wish 'Alasdair' and 'LegofreakKO345'. :sweet:

Now the post office roof, I guess I could change to dark bluey grey to give it a more realistic roof tile look.....but push them down ?

What could that mean.....the structure first of all never had a roof and I built a roof section for it plus there is a small gap which can't be filled due to the SNOT being used for the ceiling inside.

I have brought more brick-bricks yesterday so I can use them as I like in the Ford building to join the tyre workshop.....need some more cash - must buy two 48x48's so I can work on the highway on the left plus more to come on the right so I can use the bridges. This is a long term project so keep watching (as always comments and suggestions, even questions welcome). :classic:

If you look at the second course of roof pieces there is a gap between the first and second course of the tiles (joint).:tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

If you look at the second course of roof pieces there is a gap between the first and second course of the tiles (joint).:tongue:

Gee, you must better eyes than me.....had to look twice and you are right....fixed. :blush:

Till I can get the extra base plates, I'll work on the Ford dealer/tyre workshop today....updating later. :wink:

I only have to finish the workshop roof and base plate framework, so here's what I have for you all today. :wink:

0_ford_98.jpg0_ford_99.jpg

More still to come, comments, etc., welcome as always.....and keep watching ! :classic:

Fresh update time....okay the last was a few hours ago....my bad ! :laugh:

0_ford_95.jpg0_ford_96.jpg0_ford_97.jpg

Still even more to come.....keep watching ! :classic:

Fresh update time....okay the last was a few hours ago....my bad ! :laugh:

You can say that again.......:laugh:

I think you should have another shop for the ford dealer or for a Stihl.:thumbup:

Really liking the dealership, ''lightningtiger''! Although, the garage doesn't have a lot of space. How can you fit a car in there? I has looking at the garage door and I thought that cars had to go in... Anyway, keep on doing more updates on this beautiful town! :classic:

Thanks for the comments 'LegofreakKO345' and 'Alasdair', actually it's not intended that you drive into the garage area but it gives the impression you can. Now another structure, hmm....well there is a yard going to the right of the workshop hence the side door. The yard will be tyre storage and then along side of that a sales yard with the return of the green JD tractor and perhaps other vehicles. We'll see....but your right 'Alasdair' there might be a need for more buildings.

More today....keep watching ! :classic:

What about converting the side garage and have it as a work shop for the Stihl shop and then have another bigger building with a garage and a show room.

And if you have space could you build a Komatsu dealer?

I could maybe help out with some of the vehicles if need be.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan