lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

I think the style of the Bridsville Hotel would work well in New Mannum.

Maybe, if memory serves me correct....Victorian style......though I still am thinking Art Deco or Federation style......need more suggestions everyone ! :blush:

I love that grill and use of the brick bricks. :wub: Do you mind if I steal the idea.

The council office looks fantastic too, and about the same size of the one in my small town. They aren't all that big. :wink:

I love that grill and use of the brick bricks. :wub: Do you mind if I steal the idea.

The council office looks fantastic too, and about the same size of the one in my small town. They aren't all that big. :wink:

Thanks 'TBB' and go for it.....you may steal my BBQ idea.....I don't mind at all....Brick On !

Oh, by the way everyone I made some changes to the roads.....I have some black 8x16 tiles.....so fresh road surface just being laid and hence I'm now working on some road construction gear.....yes, 'Alasdair' I might be using one of your designs shortly. :wink:

Keep watching everyone ! :classic:

I quickly today tossed a new lawnmower together on a small green stand....which there is a very good reason why.....try and make one then you'll find out for yourself ! :rofl:

0000_lawnmower_display_piece.jpg

More stuff coming.....so keep watching (man, I sound like a broken record saying it over and over :blush::rofl: ).

Hmm, a public grill? Interesting idea, havent seen that one anywhere... Anyway, I like the little details in your builds, like the grill, fountain, and yes, the lawnmower. And is that Exoforce hair as a vegetable? :laugh:

Yep, hair for green leafy vegetables.....thanks for the comments 'Ardelon', public BBQ's are very common place in Australian towns and even cities. :wink:

I have to finish modifying my council truck and build a roller for the road surfacing that's now part of the mega-MOC. That's to save cash in a way, plus it's makes it more interesting to display.....allows things to be changed when cash flow is better. :blush:

Any suggestions or requests are very welcome......keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Pleased to see flick fire missles at the hardware store. :laugh:

We have public grills too in the parks here but they are not that big. Users supply their own charcoal and food. Maybe some plants or trees around the picnic area to shade the guests?

Keep on grilling. :classic:

Thanks 'dr_spock'.....yeah you should see these letter boxes go off on New Years Eve ! :rofl:

I was thinking brick-built tree, but I'm a little rusty on those ! :rofl:

Okay, I'll keep grilling, everyone else keep suggesting while watching ! :laugh:

The council office looks great! The brick bricks and roof design are fit very well, as do the windows :thumbup:

The council office looks great! The brick bricks and roof design are fit very well, as do the windows :thumbup:

Thanks 'soccerkid6', I'll have the sign on the office up on Monday plus I hope to try and have a road roller built so it can get to work on the freshly laid tar in front of Holden dealership.

Photos also on Monday.....busy week ahead, wife turns 40.....already told her it's downhill from there ! :rofl:

Keep watching as usual everyone ! :wink:

Fresh update.... stickers applied to the council office.

0_council_office_25.jpg

Changes to the post office and Holden dealer.....

0_post_office_50.jpg

0_holden_dealer_50.jpg

0_holden_dealer_51.jpg

More to come.....tons more to come....keep on watching ! :classic:

Did the post office just get smaller? Still looks good though. I really like the colour combination and the way you have done the trim on the walls on this one.

The Holden dealer also looks fantastic. I'm pretending those dirt bikes are v8 utes.

Thanks, I just changed the roof over the door way of the post office and made the counter different for the Holden Dealer....which is also a motorcycle dealer too....haven't decided the brand yet.

Keep suggesting and watching ! :wink:

The post office looks great, nice stickers for the council office and Holden dealership as well :thumbup:

Thanks, I haven't finished the Holden dealer yet.....more stickers plus that new ute design.....I'll get there in the end ! :wink:

The amount of time and detail you put into the buildings is amazing :wub: They look very realistic on the inside and outside! :thumbup:

Forgive me since I haven't had time to look back over the thread and look at the progress of it, but from what I've seen in the last couple of pages, it looks great so far!

Looking forward to the finished product!!

Giving me a lot of inspiration for my own town :wink:

Thanks 'TYB' for your kind words, it's nice to know that my work gives people inspiration.....it's the positive vibes people give me inspire my creations to flow forth. :sweet:

Today I might and try making more stickers....I must trim the JCB and that new sign up high besides the Holden dealer. Once some cash flows again I can buy some jumbo tiles, 48x48's, etc., and get cracking on finishing at least this stage of the town.....pub, train station and cold storage depot yet to come.....keep on watching this topic (don't forget to check out my Isuzu stickered council truck here ....http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75137&st=25)

Edited by lightningtiger

Man, there are too many things too check with you around. Amazing how you come up with all those fine details and ideas. Your lawnmower e.g. looks fantastic.

BTW when is the train arriving in New Mannum?

Man, there are too many things too check with you around. Amazing how you come up with all those fine details and ideas. Your lawnmower e.g. looks fantastic.

BTW when is the train arriving in New Mannum?

Thanks and next year a train is coming......money problems at the moment is holding parts of NM back. :blush:

Keep watching ! :classic:

Not much today thanks to a crappy low paying client today :thumbdown: .....but look carefully for a non-Lego part by the pay-phone....cost 2.00 each from Galaxy Toys.

0_council_worker_busy_99.jpg

0_new_mannum_street_view_99.jpg

This shot actually makes the main street look busy for a change ! :laugh:

Keep watching ! :wink:

I have been thinking....should I change the Landmark store structure to be a different shape....say have a large door in the front with a big window beside it....of course the roof would need redesigning too....but hey I'm not afraid of a little hard work ! :grin:

What does everyone think....change it or leave it (I was going to at least reposition the entrance to the store to the side of the building) ?

Okay, I'll leave the main structure as it is......I did find a similar building I was going to copy.....but maybe a later date.

I think those sledgehammers are Brickforge ones.

Keep watching ! :classic: