lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

Mayby you could use the 5210 cement mixer in the builders yard.

Yeah, but not very realistic.....though did you know if you push the mixer along the drum turns ? :wink:

I'm looking at a very realistic design and in minifig/red wheel barrow scale too. :wink:

But thanks for the suggestion 'Alasdair'. :classic:

Your town is looking great, 'lightingtiger'! But it's missing a road to connect the Ford dealership with the other buildings. That road will be the bridge right? For the cement mixer, you can use the 7990 Cement Mixer set.

Your town is looking great, 'lightingtiger'! But it's missing a road to connect the Ford dealership with the other buildings. That road will be the bridge right? For the cement mixer, you can use the 7990 Cement Mixer set.

Thanks for the feedback, I need more base plates so I can put the roads, etc., in and yes, the bridge will be back at a later stage. :wink:

Oh, the cement mixer is going to one that is towed behind a pickup truck or alike.....but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Even my wife has made a suggestion of a medical centre.......which I shall look into. :wink:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Over on ANZFOL some of the members have asked for a newsagent.....so that's next now....I'll scratch one up tomorrow.

Any other suggestions or some ideas for the newsagent are very welcome. :classic:

Yeah, but not very realistic.....though did you know if you push the mixer along the drum turns ? :wink:

I'm looking at a very realistic design and in minifig/red wheel barrow scale too. :wink:

But thanks for the suggestion 'Alasdair'. :classic:

I am not "Alasdair Ryan" but I can tell you: Yes it does. And this is a great feature in this really not very realistic set.

I am not "Alasdair Ryan" but I can tell you: Yes it does. And this is a great feature in this really not very realistic set.

True, that little cement mixer if adapted to be towed by a vehicle will spin it's drum while the vehicle is in motion. :wink:

Back on topic, I wonder what items I can include in a newsagent apart from of course newspapers and magazines ? :wink:

I wonder what items I can include in a newsagent apart from of course newspapers and magazines ? :wink:

Perhaps a back room with a drink machine, office etc.? Or a public drink machine? Doesn't really go with a newsagent though. :sceptic:

Perhaps a back room with a drink machine, office etc.? Or a public drink machine? Doesn't really go with a newsagent though. :sceptic:

Back room is impossible as each building is open backed, my tilt of my hat to classic town sets I :wub: as a kid. :grin:

A soft drink machine eh ? (we'll see :wink: )

I have started a row of shops to sit to the left side of the post office, a chemist, newsagent and one other shop....not sure - might be a butcher again. :wink:

It may that a while though, money is tight again and my hot water system has failed in a big way......up to 3000 bucks to replace ! *oh2*:cry_sad:

I'll try and have some fresh photos up a.s.a.p., so keep watching keep suggesting ! :classic:

Time for some w-i-p shots of my next New Mannum project......a row of shops.

00000_row_of_shops_wip_97.jpg

00000_row_of_shops_wip_98.jpg

Chemist, butchers shop, more to come.....of course roof, ceiling, top of the front and the newsagent shop as well....keep watching. :wink:

Hmm, looks good 'lightingtiger'! What will be the names of the shops?

Thanks 'LegofreakKO345', the names of the shops ?

They won't be branded like my others as such, they with have the names chemist, butchers, etc., plus some small logo-ing for merchandise or product promotion.....once I have the newsagent done plus other building I should be then applying the stickers. :wink:

Of course I'll say it again....keep watching ! :blush:

Just a little more work on the row of shops today.....man, need money to buy parts.... :cry_sad:

00000_row_of_shops_wip_95.jpg

You can see how the porch in front of each shop will attach and also there's a lot more work to do ! :blush:

00000_row_of_shops_wip_96.jpg

The chemist has a ceiling.....but needs someone to run it ! :blush:

Suggestions, comments, questions......always welcome....keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

That chemist needs some more stock.:laugh:

Brick on tiger!

Remember it's a little country chemist....though sometimes it's hard to tell in the city too ! :laugh:

Tomorrow I should be putting in the ceiling into the butchers shop.....keep watching (man, I sound like a broken record eh ? :laugh: )

I should have the stickers made for the row of shops tomorrow, hopefully also the newsagent up as well depending on parts.

Any other suggestions of what you might like to see in the main street please feel welcome to say. :classic:

Any other suggestions of what you might like to see in the main street please feel welcome to say. :classic:

A bank robber........:thumbup:

A bank robber........:thumbup:

I wonder if I could make......500full.jpg.....might be a bit scary for little kids :devil: - odd footnote is Chopper Read had written a children's book entitled "Hooky the Cripple: The Grim Tale of a Hunchback Who Triumphs (2002)". :wacko:

Though good old Ned Kelly in modern times would be cool....the helmet would be difficult though....perhaps we'll get him as a collectable one day....yeah, I doubt it he was hung for shooting down troopers and robbing banks. :blush:

More later today everyone....I must start on some vehicles including the plans 'Alasdair' has provided :blush: .....keep watching ! :wink:

Just a little more today.....

00000_roe_of_shops_90.jpg

I should have the walls all finished tomorrow as for the interior of the newsagent I hope that can done too. :wink:

Suggestions, etc......welcome and keep watching ! :wink:

Not a bad butcher shop LT... good job.

My first impression at least from the last photo you posted, I thought there was a truck in a bay, instead of a refidgerated meat case.

I asked my wife what she thought about it and had a similar impression. I would suggest you keep the bottom the case all in grey

instead of grey with white accent, especially at the front. I can see what you were trying to do at the bottom of the case with the grill pieces.

The overall design on the building is very good and quite ascetically pleasing. Overall, the town is shaping up to be very, very

good. I love the detail work.

My first impression at least from the last photo you posted, I thought there was a truck in a bay, instead of a refidgerated meat case.

I asked my wife what she thought about it and had a similar impression. I would suggest you keep the bottom the case all in grey

instead of grey with white accent, especially at the front. I can see what you were trying to do at the bottom of the case with the grill pieces.

The overall design on the building is very good and quite ascetically pleasing. Overall, the town is shaping up to be very, very

good. I love the detail work.

Thanks for the feedback 'medib', perhaps tomorrow I'll dig up two more silver grilles and white old school headlight bricks to nake it not look like a truck crashing though the shop. :laugh:

I have to plan the roof soon for the block of three shops, note - they are offset by a stud each one....method in my madness....except the roof....oops, I guess a flat one will have to do then. Keep watching tomorrow. :wink:

I thought that as well.:laugh:

I look forward to seeing more progress!

I thought that as well.:laugh:

I look forward to seeing more progress!

Thanks 'Alasdair'.....that's another vote for fixing the fridge ! :laugh:

Today it will be done.....just keep watching in a hours time everyone ! :wink: