lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

Looks good .

But I don't think I like the ''fence'',I think it needs to be ''level with the wall''.

Well, the fence is needed.....that's tyre storage area....which reminds me to dig up my tyres for stacking ! :laugh:

The wall on the tyre bay is one stud out further than the builders merchant....so I don't think I can change it. :blush:

The builders merchant's roof is hopefully tomorrow....similar to the kind on the Landmark store, shouldn't cost the earth for that I hope ! :blush:

Update again....

0000_bm_93.jpg

Keep watching ! :classic:

I hope to get my instructions finished soon for the dozer.

Nice work........Brick on Lightningtiger! :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I hope to get my instructions finished soon for the dozer.

Nice work........Brick on Lightningtiger! :laugh:

I can't wait for those instructions.....both digger and dozer I will make my parts list for Toy Corner to fill for me ! :wink:

Well the instructions are finished for the digger v2 just need to finish them for the dozer.:sweet:

Dozer instruction's

Thanks 'Alasdair', I'm downloading the dozer as I write this......I wonder what it will cost me ? :laugh:

More images to come in the next 48 hours. :wink:

The merchant is going very good ' lightningtiger'! One of my favorite pieces that LEGO made is the brick brick and they are beautiful used on this building! Oh, and when are the Ford dealership workers coming?

Thanks 'LegofreakKO345', the roof should go on today....though signage on the front might be tomorrow ! :blush:

Oh, yeah....I have a Ford mechanic and the dealer principal himself already. :wink:

So keep watching for more updates....Brick On ! :wink:

Love the facade on the merchant building.

You have really managed to capture the essence of the typical regional Aussie town in New Mannum.

What do you use for your signage? I have been using Ausinc sticker photo paper and an inkjet printer. This gives OK results in terms of the quality of the colour and printing, but the sticker is quite thick. I have found glossy sticker sheets for laser printers, but no luck so far for an inkjet printer.

You have really managed to capture the essence of the typical regional Aussie town in New Mannum.

What do you use for your signage? I have been using Ausinc sticker photo paper and an inkjet printer. This gives OK results in terms of the quality of the colour and printing, but the sticker is quite thick. I have found glossy sticker sheets for laser printers, but no luck so far for an inkjet printer.

The same paper I use.....great minds think alike eh ? :laugh:

Now some more pictures.....(thanks 'kristel' for your kind words :sweet: )

0000_bm_91.jpg0000_bm_92.jpg

More to come still....keep watching ! :grin:

I used to get photo sticker paper from Officeworks which worked great in inkjet printers and it was a glossy finnish so it looked much better in colour clarity. Now im using vinyl sticker paper which is a bit stronger than the paper stickers and wears longer.

Town is going great LT. Always nice to pop by and check your updates on this thread :laugh:

The roof is done beautifully 'lightningtiger'! I love how you made the roof diagonally. I always have problems doing those roofs. And what about the workers in the Landmark store, the Mitre 10 store, the IGA store and the other shops?

Thanks 'michaelozzie' for popping in and saying hello.....don't be a stranger ! :wink:

Also thanks for watching 'LegofreakKO345' and I do have staff for each building except the new builders merchant.....better fix that tomorrow. Waiting on fresh stocks of 48x48 base plates so this very wide creation has a home. :blush:

Keep those suggestions coming, keep watching and Brick On everyone ! :grin:

It's not us that need to ''brick on'' it's you !! :laugh:

I might see if I can come up with something else for your town.:devil:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

It's not us that need to ''brick on'' it's you !! :laugh:

Don't worry I will ! :laugh:

I might see if I can come up with something else for your town.:devil:

Okay, go for it....challenge the tiger ! :laugh:

One sticker can make something pop....I'm I right or wrong ? :wink:

0000_bm_88.jpg

More to come.....keep watching and suggesting too ! :wink:

That merchant is very, very neat 'lightningtiger'! And it's true, one sticker can make something pop (although I never heard of Clarkson's builders merchant. The only one that I know is Izibuild). Keep making more updates!

Thanks 'LegofreakKO345' for your kind words, now the back story....the company doesn't exist as a builders supplier any more, they still sort of exist as a glass supplier. Clarkson's sold hardware, paint, glass and even sporting gear in South Australia up until the late 1970's but started before the beginning of the 20th century. They even traded in Western Australia.

I simply chose a old school South Aussie business name for this building.

More to come....keep watching ! :wink:

Awesome builders merchant yard, Lightningtiger! I also love the way you used the brick-bricks on the office/store. Perhaps you could do an update of the full layout - overhead view I mean. :sweet:

Edited by Captain J

Awesome builders merchant yard, Lightningtiger! I also love the way you used the brick-bricks on the office/store. Perhaps you could do an update of the full layout - overhead view I mean. :sweet:

Thanks 'Captain J', now an overhead view might be a while as it's 48 stud deep but at least 288 or more studs wide so an overhead view is going to be difficult....I hope next week I can (because I'm waiting on two things......money and 48x48 base plates). :blush:

Quick little update.....

0000_bm_87.jpg

I'm trying to design a brand new cement mixer to go in the builders yard too.....lots of blue needed there. :blush:

Keep watching ! :classic:

Changes are happening, only one cross intersection will be in the design with a very, very long main street. Broken up into town centre on the left and heavier industrial/engineering stuff on the right. (okay, so the Landmark could be considered that too....but I'm in control !) :laugh:

So is what we currently have built......tons more to come ! :wink:

0_nm_progress_98.jpg0_nm_progress_99.jpg

Keep watching.....and please more suggestions are quite welcome. :classic:

And please more suggestions are quite welcome. :classic:

:laugh: :laugh:

Did you manage to price my dozer and digger?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

:laugh: :laugh:

Did you manage to price my dozer and digger?

Cheeky...... :laugh: sorry, not yet - I have to print out the pdf's to be priced up.....next week. :wink:

That town hall idea might come though as the main street layout has changed today....perhaps next to the post office ? :wink:

Keep watching everyone ! :wink: