lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

I was thinking since I'm redesigning the whole town, either interiors changing or whole MOC's changing I thought why not post everything new here. No bumping up months or even years old topics any more for New Mannum.

First cab of the rank is the Landmark store.

000_1_97_landmark_w-i-p.jpg000_1_98_landmark_w-i-p.jpg000_1_99_landmark_w-i-p.jpg

Similar to last model except I made the store smaller but still kept enough space to place minifigs.

I used my experience building the BOC project here, this is now a w-i-p again.....new stickers for the main sign plus merchandise and advertising inside the store.

I'll update on Monday once I have the new second hand printer up and running (scored it for free with full cartridges too :grin: ).

Comments and questions on what's next for New Mannum are very welcome.

Keep watching ! :classic:

Edit - Should I install a removable roof ? :look:

Edited by lightningtiger

I really like the style of your building, but personally I don't like the lack of roof and backside, so I'll answer to your question: yes, you should add a removable roof (and a removabile backside, if you want/can).

Edited by SalvoBrick

I really like the style of your building, but personally I don't like the lack of roof and backside, so I'll answer to your question: yes, you should add a removable roof (and a removabile backside, if you want/can).

Thanks for the reply 'SalvoBrick', roofs are back in then. I shall have roof and fresh stickering completed on this building by Monday night (C.S.T. Au or 9.30+g.m.t.). :wink:

Perhaps I should also explain that I'll be using 48x48 base plates, 8x16 tiles for roads and brand new street light designs too ! :wink:

Hopefully it will make transporting and displaying my town easier.

This morning I chose the buildings that will form the town centre.

Landmark store - w-i-p

ANZ Bank - frontage kept but side walls changed, ATM moved more forward.

Post Office - basic shape kept but interior must fit in an 8 stud deep space....challenge time.

Ford Dealer - mega challenge to shrink depth while still keeping the look of a showroom.

Hardware store - another challenge to shrink depth, rearrange displays to fit especially the electrical appliances and paint tinting machine.

Supermarket - shrink depth to fit as per other designs while still maintaining counter, gondola and dairy case.

Police Station - perhaps the easiest to redo.

I decided to scale down the town again to the basics so it doesn't break the bank. Any other project minus BOC and perhaps the Friend's contest are on hold.

The real challenge will be roofing the larger structures, but I like a challenge....hopefully I have this all completed by next year ready for the next Railshow.

Cool.

Your roofing shouldn't be too great of a challenge since you have small buildings (single 6x16s or 6x14 in that green building's enough)

Any plans for housing? We have the exact opposite layout mentality so far; I have housing but nearly no stores :P

Cool.

Your roofing shouldn't be too great of a challenge since you have small buildings (single 6x16s or 6x14 in that green building's enough)

Any plans for housing? We have the exact opposite layout mentality so far; I have housing but nearly no stores :P

Thanks for the kind words 'wooootles' :classic: , yeah....roofing shouldn't be that hard - my original New Mannum buildings had roofs but now the reason for reducing building depth might make sense eh ? :wink: (makes roofing easier, still allows playability)

Now the Landmark store is finished minus a new custom minifig.

00_landmark_45.jpg00_landmark_46.jpg00_landmark_47.jpg00_landmark_48.jpg00_landmark_49.jpg

How does the roof look ? (It sits on the green panels, no studs holding)

More tomorrow....so keep watching ! :wink:

That roof looks rather innovative! I like how it sits there, stud-free. Well done on finding a solution!

That roof looks rather innovative! I like how it sits there, stud-free. Well done on finding a solution!

Thanks 'marvinblue' for your kind words, the idea for the roof just came to me yesterday.

Today sees the post office shift position and remodelling to.....though the frontage stays the same I :wub: it too much to scrap that. :blush:

Updating later today. :wink:

God dang it, why are you so good at building these things?! :cry_happy: Why did you ever stop that awesome mall I tried to make on my own? You're really good at this stuff...

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Thanks for the reply 'SalvoBrick', roofs are back in then. I shall have roof and fresh stickering completed on this building by Monday night (C.S.T. Au or 9.30+g.m.t.). :wink:

Perhaps I should also explain that I'll be using 48x48 base plates, 8x16 tiles for roads and brand new street light designs too ! :wink:

Hopefully it will make transporting and displaying my town easier.

Ah! Australia! That would explain the cavelier attitude towards roofing :tongue:

Seriously, does it EVER rain down there? :sceptic:

That's actually kind of a neat roof technique. I'll have to remember that.

Edited by Faefrost

Thanks for the comments everyone, you think that roof is cool check out the post office.

000_post_office_97.jpg000_post_office_98.jpg000_post_office_99.jpg

More to come....keep watching ! :classic:

Edit - that oil can is actually farm chemicals 'lego_legis_legere'. :wink:

Edit 2 - tomorrow sees the start on redesigning both the Mitre 10 and IGA stores....we might have to skip the electrical store in it sadly....space is a problem. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Awesome choice of colors, I like the green and white contrast. :wub:

The small tank near the computer is impressive ...I like it! :blush:

I've only a question for you: what is it the gate fitting?

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Thanks 'LT12V' for your kind words again, and everyone loves my little bottle of chemicals eh ? :laugh:

I'll be working on the hardware store today, shrinking it down - only wall gondolas, paint tinting machine by the counter and a dump table of assorted tools....like you do find in Mitre 10's anyway. :wink:

Updating today.....later on though. :blush:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Now for a reboot w-i-p, the hardware store.....I still have to design a roof yet ?

000_hardware_store_reboot_98.jpg000_hardware_store_reboot_99.jpg

Speaking of roofs, should it have a ceiling like the post office or none like the Landmark ?

Keep watching.....I'll start the supermarket reboot as well as the hardware store roof tomorrow. :wink:

I especially like the green-white house. Always a favorite colour-combo for me.

But generally it is clear that you are the master of interior decoration and... stickers! :wink:

Thanks 'LT12V' and 'Hoexbroe' for your kind words. The roof design will be tricky due to the width of it.....but I love a challenge ! :laugh:

The main street/town centre will be made up of four 48x48 stud base plates, the end of the street will be the Ford Dealer with hopefully a special workshop area that can still use my hoist design.....mega-challenge. (I must not forget my BOC project....that's one of the reasons for this redesigning of my town....parts required for the BOC project ! :blush: )

I'll have some images of the IGA grocery store up in a few hours....I hope so keep watching ! :classic:

Sorry, no fresh photos today, tomorrow for sure. But I was wondering about a pub or not....remember I only have an 8 stud interior depth to play with ? :look:

Sorry, no fresh photos today, tomorrow for sure. But I was wondering about a pub or not....remember I only have an 8 stud interior depth to play with ? :look:

You can fit a bar and some stools in that space.

You can fit a bar and some stools in that space.

I'll look into it, country pubs have their bars running parallel to the front wall though....unless I make it deeper at one side as a one off. Space is an issue for train shows, etc.,.

After finishing the rebuilds I'll look into a pub.....with beer. :laugh:

I took these photos late last night......

0_hardware_store_98.jpg0_hardware_store_99.jpg

Note the lighting in ceiling, I might put AC vents in as well. :wink:

It's also a maybe for a fresh Mitre 10 sign as well. :wink:

Updating again later on today.....keep watching ! :classic:

The mitre 10 looks great again LT. Think you will need to put some stock outside though like they normally do. I'm thinking some outdoor furniture, bbq's and ladders etc. Also how about a take away shop for the hungry New Mannumites with fish and chips offcourse :tongue:

The mitre 10 looks great again LT. Think you will need to put some stock outside though like they normally do. I'm thinking some outdoor furniture, bbq's and ladders etc. Also how about a take away shop for the hungry New Mannumites with fish and chips offcourse :tongue:

Thanks for your comments 'michael', I'm planning for things to go outside both the Mitre 10 and IGA stores once I have this 48x48 street section completed.

I have to install a fence between the road and rail line.....not want any accidents do we ? :devil:

More later today.....as usual...keep watching ! :wink: