Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

Big Bang Theme Thing?

Looking at blogs on Brickipedia, there was a blog recently made about the discovery of new books. Two of them were about some "Big Bang" thing. Could this a new theme? It's really weird though. When I think of Big Bang, I think of the show Big Bang Theory, and that thing revolving around dinosaurs and how they became extinct. But we just had Dino..

Any ideas?

But then

what's this about?

-Sci

Looking at blogs on Brickipedia, there was a blog recently made about the discovery of new books. Two of them were about some "Big Bang" thing. Could this a new theme? It's really weird though. When I think of Big Bang, I think of the show Big Bang Theory, and that thing revolving around dinosaurs and how they became extinct. But we just had Dino..

Any ideas?

But then

what's this about?

-Sci

Maybe it's about Sheldon and all his nerd friends. :laugh::grin:

LEGO Sheldon! :excited: And Penny! :wub_drool:

:laugh:

In reality, however, "Big Bang" is simply a placeholder for a real theme name. It has happened before, though I do not remember in what thread. Perhaps it is a stand-in for the name of the new polar theme. :sceptic:

I would love The Big Bang Theory in Lego. There could be a set that comes with absolutely tiny Lego bricks, and it could recreate the scene where Sheldon's building The Death Star set! But it's never going to happen. It's probably just a name for the Arctic theme.

Like other people stated, it's definitely just a place holder. There is no way LEGO would make a Big Bang Theory theme. But, it could also be an educational science book.

I would really like them to have sets of the show (like the cartoonshop, Howards' robotic NASA arm, etc.). This should at least be included: LEGO Nerd (maybe not with C:\ but with C++ or /root instead on the cup).

@just2good: well it would be useful to pose it as a 'possible' theory, more pseudo-science than real science I think (read more on that here ;))

I don't know if a theme like this would actually be allowed by TLG. :sceptic:

I don't know what it is, but I'm certain that it isn't based on the TV show. I guess that it could be the Arctic theme, depending on the route it takes.

LEGO Sheldon! :excited: And Penny! :wub_drool:

:laugh:

In reality, however, "Big Bang" is simply a placeholder for a real theme name. It has happened before, though I do not remember in what thread. Perhaps it is a stand-in for the name of the new polar theme. :sceptic:

This. While a Big Bang Theory theme would be AWESOME, it's most likely for the new rumored Polar/Arctic theme. Good find, nonetheless.

@just2good: well it would be useful to pose it as a 'possible' theory, more pseudo-science than real science I think (read more on that here ;))

Evolution has nothing to do with the Big Bang, nor is the Big Bang pseudoscience since it can in fact be proved empirically from our observations of the known universe. Now what came before the big bang is beyond the realms of physics (all the current known laws break down at the point of singularity) and any one explanation is as good as another at the point. Even the Vatican accepts the Big Bang as fact (naturally it is seen as the moment God created all things).