Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Sting's Zero - A Prototype Gun Frigate

You're trying to make a smaller cannon aren't you? That being the case you should probably keep the design characteristic similar so someone viewing them can easily look at them and think "Ah yes, that's a smaller version of those cannons" whereas if they look different the viewer might need an explanation before they understand what they're looking at.

I suppose it all comes down to the design of the cannon, but in the picture above there's a lot of black use for the rest of the ship so some light grey would help distinguish the cannon.

True, but than I would have had to go downstairs to get my "Gray" bin :-D

It should be easy to distinguish, as this is critical to set and MOC design, so I will be using such color contrasting in the future.

pic_7_small.jpg

As for the above cannons, would you redo these in grey too? (Despite the perilous track downstairs to fetch your "Gray" bin.

If I were to redo the MOC, I would do the cannons in grey. Most people on here used Black(I think), but that is probably because there ships are not predominantly black.

All this discussion makes me quite excited to start a new ship. I just finished one that I will be posting shortly (with Sails!) and after that I will start on a larger vessel... maybe. LOL. It is quite daunting taking on the wider Pirate Hulls.