Sting

The Mysterious Imperial Guard Sergeant

If you look on the back of the 6271 Imperial Flagship, you will see, like on most lego sets, some alternate models. One thing I found interesting, as brought up on the FAVOURITE PIRATE MINIFIGURE THREAD is what appears to be a special Imperial Guard Grunt with Yellow Epaulettes. What is interesting is this figure appears as a standard Minifigure on Bricklink - IE: Not Custom.

Now whether or not it is intended to be real, it is interesting that Lego decided to change the Epaulettes on this figure in 2 of the creations on the back of the box.

Whatever you believe, here he is in all of his glory. (Hopefully you can view these... if not someone will have to tell me ASAP how to embed the images)

sgt1.jpg

On this first picture heappears to be wheeling out a cannon from a small little harbour building, where the Admiral and the seaman are chilling.

sgt2.jpg

In this picture he is manning the front cannon on what appears to be a heavily armed fishing boat.

the gallery is being moderated. could you post a deep link directly from your harddrive or something?

In BS, you are at the main aread of your folder(meaning you see all pics) choose the one you want by clicking it, now it should show that picture you chose, NOW click on the picture again and it should refresh with the picture in the top-left corner and everyelse is blank. After that, click on the url above and then past, thus creating your deeplink :capn:

Looks like they just swapped the epaulets. In the second pic, the Admiral has the blue(when the soldier is supposed to have them) and the grunt has the yellow ones.

If you look on the back of the 6271 Imperial Flagship, you will see, like on most lego sets, some alternate models.

You mean on the back of the 6271 Imperial Flagship box? I've got two Imperial Flagships and neither have pictures on the stern! :-P

You mean on the back of the 6271 Imperial Flagship box? I've got two Imperial Flagships and neither have pictures on the stern! :-P

Nice |-/

Yes, I mean the box. :-P

I find this interesting due to the fact it is listed on Bricklink in the Catalog, which means the figure has appeared in a set. That is what I find interesting. Whether it is a mistake or not, I don't know, but I think its a cool one!

How is it a mistake? You meant on Bricklink's behalf? I believe Mr ImperialScouts provided a perfectly logical answer:

Looks like they just swapped the epaulets. In the second pic, the Admiral has the blue(when the soldier is supposed to have them) and the grunt has the yellow ones.

Swapping mini-figure parts and accessories in the alternate designs occurred frequently on the back of the boxes. So its not unique to the Imperial Flagship.

Swapping mini-figure parts and accessories in the alternate designs occurred frequently on the back of the boxes. So its not unique to the Imperial Flagship.

I saw it yesterday on the box of my 6289 red beard runner, the legs and headgear of the 7 pirate crew have been swapped all over the place according to the back of the box. Neat to know that you can make and recreate some more alternate Lego approved minifigs based on official Lego (back) box art. :-$

But not every Minifig created from swapped parts is seen on Bricklink as a catalog entry. Catalog Entry Minifigs are usually limited to Minifigs as they appeared in sets. Its obviously a mistake, but an interesting one.

It is Bricklinks error, as this figure is listed in the Bricklink Catalog as an official fig.

Maybe we should contact them and inform them - we did this a couple on months ago in regards to an Imperial Armada mini-figure and they looked into the matter.

Maybe we should contact them and inform them - we did this a couple on months ago in regards to an Imperial Armada mini-figure and they looked into the matter.

Really? Can you tell me about this journey... and which figure it was?

I think you are right. We could show the figure on the back of the box to show how it could be mistaken as a standard figure. If the same user who uploaded the Torso without Crossbelt uploaded this one, it was probably an honest mistake.

We are 100% sure that this Yellow Epaulette'd Grunt comes in no other sets, right? I have never come across him except on Bricklink and on the back of this box.

nooooooo! we're talking about choclate bars in the shape of mini figure and if they are compatable with regular peice and accsesaries.

But it is indeed an Alt-Minifigure. True the blue and red look better, but the yellow and red look realistic.