Sign in to follow this  
Sting

KK Torsos

I just got my 8823 Mistlands Tower and have noticed that the Knights Kingdom Torsos, alot do not have anything on them. This means they have to have the Euroarmor or something else covering there torso or they look plain.

Why did Lego do this? Old castle lines and even most older Knights Kingdoms line had a detailed Torso underneath the Euroarmor in case one didn't want to give them said armor. Any insight?

Maybe Lego just wants to sell to kids only these days.

So they might think that kids won't even notice such details, so why having the extra cost for printing on these torso's.

A sad evolution :-(

castle is just growing worse as time goes by :'-)

Well, it was, KK2 with the Multicolored Knights was the epitome of bad Castle (or the closest thing we have to Castle, besides maybe Vikings). This years models and figures aren't bad. We still have some <insert that tiresome argument> pieces but not as many.

I just don't get what Lego's motivation is to have blank torsos. It seems kind of lame because you basically HAVE to have the Armor on or else they look blank. They could have at least given us a simple design.

If KK2 came with elf melting pieces it wouldn't surprise me... X-D ;-)

(negativity over) Nathan

Old castle lines and even most older Knights Kingdoms line had a detailed Torso underneath the Euroarmor in case one didn't want to give them said armor. Any insight?

Not really. The first knights we saw (Yellow Castle) had no decorated torsos at all. It wasn't bad with the addition of plate armor, but definately plain without. I actually like the figs from the Gargoyle Bridge set, but I believe they are without decorated torsos as well.

Back to the main topic, I think that a sort of new pirates line of the sort that includes holland, Spain, England, France, and Pirates would be a lot of fun. No one (except maybe the pirates) would be a bad "guy". sort of like the PC game Sid Meier's Pirates. Ships, forts, armies (That's what I want) and ports.

Greetz from China

uummmm..... As much as I to would want a new pirate line, What does that have to do with no printing uper euro armour? anyways, I hate all the knight's kingdom, but i have to admit, it's a good way to get blank torsos for decals or custom drawings. Also, take a grey or silver sharpie, and that euro armor can become a good peice of armour after all.

Actually, this kind of bothers me.

The breastplates worn by the heroic Knights (I don't know their names) in year 3 have prints that are indicitive of an arming doublet; a garment worn UNDER plate armour. The print itself is quite nice, but it seems kind of silly to place it on the armour, rather than on the minifig itself.