Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Lighting kits

They look quite good, I think they definitely add something to the set.

I've seen these on eBay before, but not the R2-D2. That's cool! It's even motion activated?

Oh my! My brain hurts just by looking and trying to understand the tangle of wires in the pictures :wacko: Really, though, this is seriously awesome. I would love to see this in real life :wub:

I might have to get one of this kits for my R2. It's not very clear how easy it is to turn on/off though.

I've seen these on eBay before, but not the R2-D2. That's cool! It's even motion activated?

No. I think the R2D2 kit is just a simple on and off. The Britebricks is merely a light block, similar to the TLG style light block but it is taller and has 2 LEDs on the board. You shake the block and there is a thin spring that will move and make contact to turn on the LED. The blue/white combo flashes for a few seconds and then shuts off.

Nice mod by artifexcreation. I think it is made with lifelites lights: http://lifelites.com/

I have used lifelites lights for my Executor (No Tlc Executor!) and with this lights you can add this lights to your R2,too.