Would be my first castle

On sale

10 figs plus skelly

Cart wheels

Place to store weapons[sometimes Rascus needs to put the stick down!]

Cons-

Not very good design

The yellow seems a bit gaudy

Please answer soon, as the sale only runs until Dec.8.

Thanks in advance, Hewkii9

BaTP. It looks better I think, and the catapult is, well, very unrealistic, at least the BATP is closer to reality.

Phes is correct. I know both sets well, but many would not.

Definately Battle at the Pass. Better pieces, better figs, and not as much Bionacle stuff (if any). That is assuming you aren't a Bionacle fan.

Hewkii, look at your avatar. You have no Castle sets. You need Battle at the Pass.

Why is alot of technic a con? Isn't Hewkii a Bionicle?

Hewkii, look at your avatar. You have no Castle sets. You need Battle at the Pass.

Why is alot of technic a con? Isn't Hewkii a Bionicle?

I already have 3 Viking sets, and Battle Wagon and Rogue Knight Battleship.

Well, yeah, but it makes it hard if I want to rebuild the set and half of it is in my Technic bin.

And Pictures are up.

I'd say BatP, too. The design is pretty good if you can manage to combine it with other sets or put one or two other BatPs together to make a larger structure. As for the yellow being gaudy, that's easy enough to replace-- it's only in a few pieces. And how can you argue with that many figs? ;)

m19

You should definitely buy the Battle at the Pass. It has more weapons and figures than any other similar sized castle set ever. It may even have more weapons than any other castle set.

The Viking Catapult is ok, but I prefer the smaller and more affordable 7020 Army of Vikings with Heavy Artillery Wagon. http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/7020.html That set has more Vikings and more useful brown plates. Both Viking sets have too much technic and not enough basic plate and brick.

Ben

On another note, I'm not a big fan of the Lego creatures. I think Lego is trying to copy the success of MegaBlock dragons by designing these. I don't even enjoy building them.

On another note, I'm not a big fan of the Lego creatures. I think Lego is trying to copy the success of MegaBlock dragons by designing these. I don't even enjoy building them.

i just throw the parts into my mecha or not usable bin.... i don't even build the stinking things. I like the catapults though, they are at least ok...

Its just too bad the themes don't mesh very well... i mean same time period, but the vikings look way too different to stick their fortress and aux wagons next to new castle stuff. Though if i can find new castle stuff on sale, i might buy some.... i want castle figs for various reasons...

I would go for Battle at the Pass because it has most figs and weapons.

And I don't like those dragons in the all the vikings sets.

They should have the vikings fight some other faction (maybe a castle faction) but not stupid dragons.