Sign in to follow this  
Tully

Striped pirates

This is weird. How come Lego keeps on getting the bandanna colors wrong!?!?!?

They keep on putting red ones on blue people and blue ones on red people.(well, not all of the time)

The only time they got it right was in "Rock Island Refuge"

Why do you think they do that?

well, mixing and matching those colours dosn't matter because pirates don't pre cordinat their wardroube do they? they just put on what they have and run out side to search for treasure.

LoL. I rather like the mix ups. I think they are supposed to look Ragtag! Pirates were too poor to afford matching clothes and thats assuming they even had the money or luck to be able to buy them!

Lego did this to create contrast - the multicolored Pirates with the stiff and monotone Imperial Guards (although the Imperial Armada changed this slightly, with a more colorful wardrobe).

My favourite Striped Pirate is that has blue legs, the red/white striped body and a black rag. Most effective color scheme in my opinion. I think he was in a set.

I thought mixing the colours was to created variation.

However this mini-figure found in Lagoon Lockup and the Pirate Comic is the only Pirate that has a consistent colour for the legs, torso and bandanna.

Pirate_redwhite_stripes_shirt8.jpg

Actually Bo'Sun Will was this mini-figure (at least in the UK and Australian catalogues:

Pirate_bluewhite_stripes_shirt6.jpg

But you're right, the red striped mini-figure was Boatswain Will in the comic, however the spelling of Bo'Sun is different.

Its not confusing or anything is it? :-D

what's the meaning of Bo'Sun...i totally ignore it.

Well, about bandana's question....pirates aren't uniformed so they can easily wear a blue bandana and a red shirt(or a red bandana and blue shirt)

The only time they got it right was in "Rock Island Refuge"

Exactly how did they get it right in Rock Island Refuge?

I personnaly like it better when a blue-white striped pirate has white or gray legs and a red bandana.

For a red-white striped pirate: I like a blue bandana....for a gray and red striped, I like a blue one...

I like variation :pirate42:

Yes, that one.

However, the thing you should know is...

Pirate_redwhite_stripes_shirt9.jpg

This mini-figure was also found in 6270 Forbidden Island is he's not just in 6273 Rock Island Refuge!

could be, i've seen people use them and tthey look pretty good with yellow arms. also, should this thread be moved scince it's not moc related?

I agree with Sting and Tiber, I personally don't like corresponding colors in historical minifigs. Lego likes to do this with all lines that have generic 'secondary-character' minifigs including Castle and Vikings. The instuctions for Viking sets show that the bluish torso goes with the bluish legs, the greenish torso goes with the greenish legs, etc. This is not historically accurate as vikings had no heraldry and wore whatever they wanted, and they didn't care how it looked or if it 'matched' X-D (just like pirates). Obviously, this can be fixed very easily.

I just posted this pic in response to one of your questions in another thread, Mr. Tiber, and it applies here too. Those torsos are all right but this one is much similar to the original pirate ones.

1_spyglass.jpg

This torso is only in Paridisa sets and Century Skyway Airport. Here is the BL entry.

also, should this thread be moved scince it's not moc related?

Yes.

However, the thing you should know is...

Pirate_redwhite_stripes_shirt9.jpg

This mini-figure was also found in 6270 Forbidden Island is he's not just in 6273 Rock Island Refuge!

Besides, that is my 2nd favorite pirate!

(my favorite has the same torso, but blue legs.)

Anyway, I already knew that. No offense Mister phes, right? :-D

I was wondering...Would you guys consider this torso useful for pirates?

Horizontal_Lines_Blue_Brown_Hair.jpg

And this one:

Horizontal_Lines_Red_Black_Hair2.jpg

For me they are useful as pirates or citizens (in any timezone).