gotoAndLego

Modular Madness: Urban Moto

Ahh I see. My girlfriend likes my dealership the way it is, but I'm never satisfied with anything I build. My main issue is that it doesn't sit in a traditional modular footprint. If I decide to go up, ill give your lift a shot.

I was also wondering if the garage door actually works and how you built it. I used the actual Lego garage door piece but I love the look of yours.

Also, it appears we both like the checkered flag look to lead customers into the building.

IMAG0707.jpg

Edited by bootz

Also, it appears we both like the checkered flag look to lead customers into the building.

Indeed:

honda-cb750-1973-cafe-racer-03.jpg

arai_rx7-gp_norton-300x300.jpg

Edited by gotoAndLego

A very interesting build and like nothing I have seen before! I like the choice of colour scheme very much. The interior details are superb. Best of luck!

I was also wondering if the garage door actually works and how you built it. I used the actual Lego garage door piece but I love the look of yours.

Here is a shot of how I made my door. You have to attach them at least every other tread or it will curve because there isn't enough space separating each tread; however, that would be a good method of doing an awning.

7412555382_bc8e605970_c.jpg

Edited by gotoAndLego

I've been meaning to post in this topic for a few days now - really great work, and I love how the building really does look like an old building repurposed over time. The interiors are also very lovely, and I like that you took down some walls to get better photos of them.

Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

That's a great building full of interesting details. The interiors is just as interesting (or even more than) as the exteriors. :thumbup: Good luck at the competion with many great entries!

This must be my favorite so far, impressive details, the dumps in the alley are a really nice touch and practical, I'd love to see how this attach to another modular building.

the big shared window (second and third floor) is really nice, love it :wub:

Here is a shot of how I made my door. You have to attach them at least every other tread or it will curve because there isn't enough space separating each tread; however, that would be a good method of doing an awning.

7412555382_bc8e605970_c.jpg

Wow, I would have never thouht to do it like that. Very clever and it looks great, plus the lock on it(and on the fire escape) is a great touch.

7611697976_fe374550b9_c.jpg

I made some final modifications to the roof of my entry. I added an antenna, ventilation exhausts, and a water tower. I also extended the fire escape up to have roof access.

I also lowered the technic bricks in the dumpsters so they sit on the baseplate, and I flipped the bike exhausts to the right and chains to the left.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Neat and interesting additions to you fantastic creation.....how is your Cuusoo count for it going ? :classic:

Brick On 'gotoAndLego' ! :classic:

...how is your Cuusoo count for it going ? :classic:

Slowly. Hopefully it will pick up momentum. It seems that all modulars have slow progress on there. I think I'm spoilt by how quickly support for my Apple Store is moving; which is a shame as its chances of being approved are questionable. LOL

Edited by gotoAndLego

Woah, this looks great. Thanks for sharing :classic:. The detail is great, and the use of some brighter elements is a nice addition. In the future it would be nice to see lego create a modular that sells vehicles!

It blow me away the first time I saw it and even after it continues to be such incredible. You could have only don the exteriors, but no (!) you made the interior to and from the front window to the shop it is what we could call a masterpiece.

This is a really great building that seems to blend old with modern style. I like how you've made that back alley, and there are a lot of nice touches in this. Also, I thought your building deserved a mention, so I've gone ahead and

See it on Classic-Town.net it :sweet: