slovakiasteph

MOC: Greek Revival Modular

indexed.gif B-RM-08B

I wanted to try to build a modular in my favorite American architectural style, Greek Revival. I like the cleanness of it and the symmetrical lines. I tried to incorporate a pediment window, transom windows, and pilasters.

gr1.jpg

(the cupboard in the upstairs bedroom fell over!) I wasn't quite sure how to do the pediment, but I did the best I could.

Downstairs first... the kitchen and dining room on the right.

gr5.jpg

Living room on the left.

gr4.jpg

With a hallway in the middle.

gr6.jpg

And, to the second floor... two bedrooms and a bathroom.

gr7.jpg

Master bedroom:

gr8.jpg

Boys' bedroom:

There's a desk with a sword rack above it, backpacks hanging in the corner, clothes cupboard, two beds.

gr9.jpg

Garden out back...

gr3.jpg

And, the house between two other modulars...

gr11.jpg

Link to brickshelf gallery with a few other pics:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=503699

I took these pictures a while ago (before I'd tweaked my picture-taking system to let in less light), but as I'm disassembling this house, figured I'd better post them at some point!

This is a great entry. The interior is fantastic. :wub:

The outside is a bit bland compared to the other modulars, but this one is still very unique and simple. :classic:

Best of luck on the contest.

Edited by The Blue Brick

Great job! I like the architecture, but the interior is definitely the best part! I agree that it is a bit bland compared to the other modulars, but I guess that's what you get from Greek Revival. :thumbup:

This is a great entry. The interior is fantastic. :wub:

The outside is a bit bland compared to the other modulars, but this one is still very unique and simple. :classic:

Best of luck on the contest.

Haha, is this even an entry to the contest?

No, this isn't for the contest. I decided it was too plain and simple for most folks' tastes on here. I'm working on another building for that... first floor is done! :classic:

No, this isn't for the contest. I decided it was too plain and simple for most folks' tastes on here. I'm working on another building for that... first floor is done! :classic:

Hahaha, the interior was so good that I thought automatically this must have been for the contest. :laugh:

Now I really can't wait to see your actual entry. :tongue:

A very realistic looking house 'slovakiasteph' :thumbup: , wonderfully detailed on the inside :wub: ....cups for spouts on the tub - neat idea ! :wink:

Every room has been dressed just right, except one thing....the loo ! :blush: (I guess one would have to keep their legs cross for a while eh ? :laugh: )

Apart from the missing toilet, it's still a fantastic looking house. :classic:

Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

Your interiors are always top notch, the details you put into your houses are great, and this is no exception. If this were on the shelf, I wouldn't think twice abbot buying it. Brilliant. :thumbup:

Every room has been dressed just right, except one thing....the loo ! :blush: (I guess one would have to keep their legs cross for a while eh ? :laugh: )

Apart from the missing toilet, it's still a fantastic looking house. :classic:

Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

I figured if most LEGO houses don't have bathrooms, these LEGO folks wouldn't notice a missing toilet! :laugh:

Your interiors are always top notch, the details you put into your houses are great, and this is no exception. If this were on the shelf, I wouldn't think twice abbot buying it. Brilliant. :thumbup:

Thanks! I have a lot of fun with the details... and my next project is even more detailed!

Nice little build. I agree that it is bland compared to Modulars, but when you place this building by itself, it is superb. The overall design and feel screams Lego. The interior is really well done as well.

I can't wait to see your official entry!

Its a good house. I like the glass around the front door, but I think the proportions around your windows are off, particularly the front. There is traditionally more wall space below the window than above.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I like the interior of this building a lot. My only little complaint is that the tan part of the facade seems a bit plain when put next to other modulars, but other than that, nice job! :classic: