Jurgen Krooshoop

PF Backhoe V2 with building instructions

In a few days I should recieve the remaining parts I need to start building this incredible MOC. Had to purchase the Power Puller tires off a Bricklink shop in Europe as I could not find them in North America. Dam, those things were expensive but worth it.

I actually had plenty of them! I wish I knew you were trying to build this when you placed the order for the yellow 14L flex's!

I had a suspicion when I saw them since its the same reason Davidmull came to me.

I actually had plenty of them! I wish I knew you were trying to build this when you placed the order for the yellow 14L flex's!

I had a suspicion when I saw them since its the same reason Davidmull came to me.

I wish I would have known. It could have worked out nicely for the both of us. In the future is it ok to post that I'm looking for particular hard to find things in this forum?

I still want to build this set, my collection has almost all the parts. I only need some yellow parts and two power puller wheels.

The yellow pieces aren't a problem to buy, but the power puller wheels. I would like to buy them anyway, but it's almost cheaper to buy that 4x4 set that the wheels alone. I can buy the 4x4 set for about €100 on marktplaats.nl (Dutch eBay), but everytime another deal comes in the way. :laugh:

Well, one day, I will have those wheels and build the model :sweet:

I bought the instructions from Jurgen and I have a question regarding the rear wheels.

Is there a possible alternative for the very expencive PP rims and tyres?

I bought the instructions from Jurgen and I have a question regarding the rear wheels.

Is there a possible alternative for the very expencive PP rims and tyres?

Check out my booklet about customizable brick built wheels. They require quite a few parts, but they may turn out cheaper than PP wheels and tires.

Thanks, but I would rather look for 3rd party tyres with the yellow Volvo Wheelloader rims or something similar to that.

Does anyone have an option?

What dinensions do the PP rims have?

Is the diameter off those rims the same as the Unimog and wheelloader wheels?

And how wide are they?

I like the tyres Milan suggested, but I would like to find more realistic tyres for the backhoe.

PP rims ahve same diamater but are some 2 studs wider and their edge is also higher (to keep the tyre from popping off).

So the tyres that Milan suggested above could fit?

Can you give me dimensions of the PP rims?

Need the diameter off the groove where the tyre sits in, not the outher diameter, just need to slip the tyre over that egde.

Hi there!

I've picked up Lego over a year ago, when I bought myself the 42009 set.

The set before that crane was the 8880 Super Car back in 1994. I did buy the 8479 Barcode truck as a X-mas present in '97 but had not actually used it since. The excellent GMK 6400 MOC on EuroBricks triggered me and I bought enough parts to make a good copy of that crane (without suspension). I'll post photos of the beast later.

This time I gave Jurgen's Backhoe V2 a try with sbricks. Jurgen's instructions are superb and it is a very nice MOC.

The Power Puller wheels are too expensive for me right now and I could still do with yellow rims for the front wheels too.

I did lower the back axle a bit for the balloon wheels to fit in order not to make the backhoe lean over too much.

I've also used wheel hubs for all wheels as I had these lying around.

Instead of 2 M-motors to feed into the gearbox I used 2 L-motors as suggested in this forum topic.

Power is adequate and gearing after the gearbox had to be adapted slightly as a keen observer might notice in the pictures below.

The little red liftarms on both sides (above the M-motors) indicate the position of the gearbox shifter.

More photos are available in this bricksafe gallery: http://bricksafe.com/pages/emielr/backhoe-v2

post-144235-0-52207600-1457119559_thumb.jpg

Edited by emielroumen

Hello Emiel Rounen,

Would Love to see more about the replacing with L-motors, especially the changes in the gearbox.

And the replacing with SBricks

Sure! I'll post some higher resolution pictures once my brickshelf gallery is up and running.

Hello Emiel Rounen,

Would Love to see more about the replacing with L-motors, especially the changes in the gearbox.

And the replacing with SBricks

Don't think so, only a rechargeable bb or small AAA bb will fit under the bonnet.

I'll do a check tomorrow with the AA battery box, but it will be a tight fit if any. The steering axle is located right below the box and the hood is directly above.

Yep, that is normal.

I think it's okay, the builders spend a lot off time making them.

You might be right. However I was inspecting this MOC (http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=520602) and it seems a AA box does fit here. I also like the arm that can move sideways. Perhaps both MOCs can be combined into a Backhoe V2.5?

I´ve made it few year ago with backhoe V1. Look at this video:

Edited by Kladovec

Thanks Kladovec for sharing your creation, extremely compact. I might give a similar modification a try if I have time soon.

Hi there!

I've picked up Lego over a year ago, when I bought myself the 42009 set.

The set before that crane was the 8880 Super Car back in 1994. I did buy the 8479 Barcode truck as a X-mas present in '97 but had not actually used it since. The excellent GMK 6400 MOC on EuroBricks triggered me and I bought enough parts to make a good copy of that crane (without suspension). I'll post photos of the beast later.

This time I gave Jurgen's Backhoe V2 a try with sbricks. Jurgen's instructions are superb and it is a very nice MOC.

The Power Puller wheels are too expensive for me right now and I could still do with yellow rims for the front wheels too.

I did lower the back axle a bit for the balloon wheels to fit in order not to make the backhoe lean over too much.

I've also used wheel hubs for all wheels as I had these lying around.

Instead of 2 M-motors to feed into the gearbox I used 2 L-motors as suggested in this forum topic.

Power is adequate and gearing after the gearbox had to be adapted slightly as a keen observer might notice in the pictures below.

The little red liftarms on both sides (above the M-motors) indicate the position of the gearbox shifter.

More photos are available in this bricksafe gallery: http://bricksafe.com...ielr/backhoe-v2

Got the Power Puller tires! Due to the weight of the MOC I opted for the balloon tire inside the PP tire. I also move the axle 1 stud down for more clearance, and to prevent the tractor from leaning backwards too much.

You can also see the different gear combination for lifting and tipping the front bucket due to L-motors feeding into the gearbox.

pp-tires.jpg

Which tires did you put inside??

I don't see what you mean about those gears for the frontloader?

Edited by Dafgek81