Sign in to follow this  
purpleparadox

Revew: 30164 Lex Luthor

Yep. I can see this fig getting up there in price. I expect $25-$30, but I can see it going for more than $50. By then you should have just gotten the game. Heck, you could have probably sold the game unopened soon after getting it for $40 or $45. Makes it a pretty cheap exclusive. Today's your last day to preorder, I think. It comes out tomorrow.

Thanks for the review! The figure is really cool, a nice treat for Superman fans! In terms of exclusive LEGO pre-order minifigures, it certainly beats out last year's Voodoo Jack.

Gotta agree with you there...although I'm a much bigger Superheroes fan than POTC.

I hadn't planned on getting the game, honestly...and it's hard to justify buying a game for a Lego figure...but on eBay he's running pretty costly, so you might as well the get the game for your trouble...

What's a tiger to do?

I'll recommend pre-ordering. You can re-sell the game later if ya want.

Yep. I can see this fig getting up there in price. I expect $25-$30, but I can see it going for more than $50. By then you should have just gotten the game. Heck, you could have probably sold the game unopened soon after getting it for $40 or $45. Makes it a pretty cheap exclusive. Today's your last day to preorder, I think. It comes out tomorrow.

Everybody get it now!! :laugh:

That torso would be good for a custom Titanum Man, also I think the gun is called the

debrickifer. :tongue: Nice review!

Oooooh, the debrickifier. Sending chills up the spines of minifigs everywhere! :tongue:

All in all, a really great pre-order, and that armour is amazing. I also think the gun is in the right scale, I mean you can't have bulky armour and a tiny gun. :tongue:

Just ordered my copy of the game, I'm super excited about all the knew characters I had never heard of. Made sure this little beauty was included in the pre-order. The armour looks fab in bright green, and already I can think of many uses for it. I wasn't even expecting a torso print underneath, but the one we got is amazing! A dark green Iron-Man suit springs to mind...

I'm slightly curious about the large gun although, is he compensating for something? Maybe that's why he has to kidnap Wonder Woman.

I can't wait until he arrives! :wub:

Edited by Scorpiox

All in all, a really great pre-order, and that armour is amazing. I also think the gun is in the right scale, I mean you can't have bulky armour and a tiny gun. :tongue:

Plus, Superman might just burst out laughing if Lex shows up with a tiny gun!

Just ordered my copy of the game, I'm super excited about all the knew characters I had never heard of. Made sure this little beauty was included in the pre-order. The armour looks fab in bright green, and already I can think of many uses for it. I wasn't even expecting a torso print underneath, but the one we got is amazing! A dark green Iron-Man suit springs to mind...

I'm slightly curious about the large gun although, is he compensating for something? Maybe that's why he has to kidnap Wonder Woman.

I can't wait until he arrives! :wub:

Well, it's a great fig, good thing you're getting him. :thumbup: A dark green Iron Man suit is an interesting idea, though I'm not ready to paint his helmet yet considering I don't even own him yet! Oh well, my birthday's coming up. :wink:

I'll be getting my game today.

Nice review. This is one of the nicer preorder exclusives I've seen. I kind of wish this armour was also available in dark red because Iron Man's oversized head really irks me.

I do like this polybag. It's great to see that Lego gave Lex a different emotion than in his other set. If only they could have done that with Loki. Anyway great review and I look forward to seeing more.

Nice set! I got mine today and I'm glad I did. It is loosely based off of this suit.

Go to the second photo.

I would rather have Jack Sparrow though. This is cool, but I am more POTC fan.

Nice review. This is one of the nicer preorder exclusives I've seen. I kind of wish this armour was also available in dark red because Iron Man's oversized head really irks me.

Hmm...IMO Iron Man's helmet isn't that different from the scale of Storm/Clone Trooler fig's helmets.

I do like this polybag. It's great to see that Lego gave Lex a different emotion than in his other set. If only they could have done that with Loki. Anyway great review and I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks! And it is nice that they decided to switch it up a bit. :thumbup:

Nice set! I got mine today and I'm glad I did. It is loosely based off of this suit.

Go to the second photo.

I would rather have Jack Sparrow though. This is cool, but I am more POTC fan.

Thanks for the pic. I was looking (with little success) for some kind of base material.

Thanks for the pic. I was looking (with little success) for some kind of base material.

No problem! I saw many more by just searching Led luthor power armor on google images. It shows many, including where TLC got the torso design from!

Today, while I was at school doing exams, my father went and picked up the game for me, as it had arrived. They gave him another Lex figure, so I've got two now! (Also, they gave me downloadable character codes: Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, Damian Wayne, Bizarro, Captain Cold, Black Adam, Black Manta, and Gorilla Grood.)

Got mine today. My Gamestop store told me they were two figures short of covering all of their preorders, so I'm glad I didn't wait till this weekend to pick it up.

It's a great figure, and the printed torso will be a more believable outfit for Lex when he's terrorizing Wonder Woman in his giant robot. :thumbup:

I waited late to order the game. I went Saturday and one Gamestop said I could order it but I would not get the mini figure. So I went to another and they let me pre order and get the figure. They actually had the figure in stock so I got one Saturday. My father went to pick the game up for me today and to my surprise they gave him a mini figure with the game too. I ended up with 2. Now I can open one....yay!

Just got the game and figure last night!

The debrickifier gun appears in the game, same build and everything. It can deconstruct shiny black bricks in the game, hence the inclusion of the 3 black bricks with the figure.

I waited late to order the game. I went Saturday and one Gamestop said I could order it but I would not get the mini figure. So I went to another and they let me pre order and get the figure. They actually had the figure in stock so I got one Saturday. My father went to pick the game up for me today and to my surprise they gave him a mini figure with the game too. I ended up with 2. Now I can open one....yay!

I went right after they opened and was the second person to buy it. The cashier told the guy in front of me that they get stock about 5 days in advance.

I just caved to getting the game with the Figure! The game is okay, nothing extraordinary, But lex is beautiful! :sweet:

I did the same. Really, would could I not for all the great memories I have of that version of Lex Luthor

I looked at it as getting a video game with fig purchase ;)

HAHA, thats awesome, nostalgia overload. I looked at it as "I need something to do now that schools over" :blush:

Woohoo! I officially have the coolest Gamestop manager on the planet in my local store :cry_happy:

I was in there tonight chatting with him, discussing how the only interesting upcoming video games all seem to have Lego in the title, and lamenting that I had not known to preorder the Batman game for the Lex Luther fig, when he pulled one out from behind the counter for me! :sweet: (he adores my wife and I. we're his old married couple gamers).

/e goes off to do a happy dance and design an evil lair of doom for it!

Went to my local game store yesterday and they were selling some of the preorder copies. So I picked it up and it's great the only problem is the gun is way to big for lex to hold

HAHA, thats awesome, nostalgia overload. I looked at it as "I need something to do now that schools over" :blush:

For me it's "I don't have enough time to play this game because school isn't over until Thursday!"

Woohoo! I officially have the coolest Gamestop manager on the planet in my local store :cry_happy:

I was in there tonight chatting with him, discussing how the only interesting upcoming video games all seem to have Lego in the title, and lamenting that I had not known to preorder the Batman game for the Lex Luther fig, when he pulled one out from behind the counter for me! :sweet: (he adores my wife and I. we're his old married couple gamers).

/e goes off to do a happy dance and design an evil lair of doom for it!

You got lucky! I'm going to head off to my EB Games again to see if they have any extras I can buy. Yes, I want a 3rd Lex Luthor polybag.

Went to my local game store yesterday and they were selling some of the preorder copies. So I picked it up and it's great the only problem is the gun is way to big for lex to hold

It takes a while to position it but eventually I can get it to look/fit okay.

Although I've heard complaints about it being a cheap DS port, I was going to purchase the Vita version (already bought the 360 version) to get a second Lex, but the GS employee here refused to let me have one. Bought Gravity Rush instead. I don't NEED a second Lex, but I'd like to have one. I'll probably just get one off of ebay.