BrickPerfection

More ships for the fleet!

ah, your fleet is always an inspiration, love it! Any chance you'll be dislplaying these beauties any time in the not too distant future?

concorde2.jpg

I really love this photo! Was I to see it in any other context than a Lego forum I would have taken my gospel oath on it being a real life picture. Well done, sir.

Edited by Foremast Jack

I've only recently joined but I've been following this thread for a while, and I have been amazed at the details of the fleet. Its actually inspired me to get back into Lego, can't wait to see more of your work pirate_classic.gif

I am not sure if the illusion scale can be improved any more than this. But Im sure you will find a way to improve it beyond what you have done. You really have mastered this style of lego building, and it has inspired me to rebuild parts of my own mocs to improve them and add more detail. The lines on your ships are spot on and the sails are perfect.

-B

Your fleet sure is impressive! I especially admire the redone gingerbread work on the Achille. Do you suppose that you will build any more ships in the near future? Your fleet admiral will surely need a ship of the line to command from!

I'm sorry to bump this, but I wanted to take a look a you pictures for inspiration, but can't see them anymore. So I was wondering if there was a new place you had them uploaded to.

Interesting his pictures were there recently. His Brickshelf is still active and you might scrape by with this small folder for inspiration. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=432073

His Flickr is gone as I am sure you noticed. He also hasn't been here since Christmas. I really hope we find the images again! Do we back up blogged images?

AB

It's a shame indeed to see those fabulous pictures gone. I have downloaded a lot of them when they were still up to use as inspiration for my ship. But since it's not my work I can't share them here or on my flickr account. I think you'd best pm perfectionist and see if you can get an answer from him.

It's true, the pictures are gone. Unfortunately, may laptop was stolen a while back and with it all pictures that I had of the ships.

Almost all pictures are back. The police also found my laptop. pirate_laugh2.gif

Currently the fleet is stored stored mostly in the basement, though I hope to be able to let is see the light of the day when I get the opportunity.

20160605_175415.jpg

20160605_182444.jpg

20160605_175415.jpg

20160605_173203.jpg

20160605_173214.jpg

20160605_173226.jpg

20160605_173240.jpg

Edited by Imperial Shipyards

Hello everybody! roughly 4 years (!) after completion, I finally took some nicer pictures of all ships. Still, these ships were built to last, and they are actually like new, and still up to date in terms of techniques. I've made a new topic for Concorde just recently, but now took new pictures of all ships, including her, they will all be posted here.

Magicienne, a 38gun frigate built on 7 midsections

more pictures on flickr (full resolution)

magicienne_-_1.jpg

magicienne_-_2.jpg

magicienne_-_19.jpg

Concorde, a 32gun frigate (6mids)

concorde_-_1.jpg

concorde_-_6.jpg

concorde_-_17.jpg

Médée, a 18gun brig-of-war (4mids)

medee_-_1.jpg

medee_-_8.jpg

medee_-_12.jpg

Furieuse, a bomb ketch (4mids)

furieuse_-_1.jpg

furieuse_-_8.jpg

furieuse_-_11.jpg

Aigle, a 10gun Bermuda sloop (2mids)

aigle_-_1.jpg

aigle_-_16.jpg

aigle_-_17.jpg

Sirène, another 10gun Bermuda sloop

sirene_-_1.jpg

sirene_-_10.jpg

sirene_-_5.jpg

In addition, I have rebuilt the two original frigates of my fleet:

Achille, a 28gun frigate (6mids)

achille_-_1.jpg

achille_-_8.jpg

achille_-_11.jpg

Guerrière, a 24gun frigate (5mids)

guerriere_-_1.jpg

guerriere_-_7.jpg

guerriere_-_20.jpg

Edited by Imperial Shipyards

I never thought I would have something negative to say about one of your ships, but I have to say that I liked Achille better in red. The tan looks kinda dull in comparison.

Concorde and Magicienne are absolutely gorgeous, however. I particularly like the blue and yellow of the stern faces. The yellow linings at the top are probably my favorite features of the pictures shown here, and as usual, your sails are amazing. If I ever saw your basement, I would probably never leave it- unless the ships did, too.

Speaking of Achille, actually, I have a question for you. I recently redid my largest ship so that the spar deck is now removable. I had to break it into four sections, though, to try and cut down on the sagging that I encountered. There's still quite a bit of it on the largest section, though, and the ship only has five center segments. Did you encounter any of this with the deck of Achille, and how did you fix it?

Hi everybody!

This weekend, something quite exciting happened: for the first time I got to take my fleet to an exhibition, Brickmania Antwerpen. It was quite an amazing weekend, and I am sure a main post with many pictures of all the other exciting creations will follow suit! There were the impressive Flying Dutchman by Sebeus I along with smaller ships and an island, the frigate and stunning two-decker by Captain Green Hair alongside a brig and a fantastic sloop, two neat small vessels by Legostone and two more two-deckers by Maxim I (and much more!). I just focus on my vessels here, since the fleet looks like a fleet for the first time on this occasion! Thanks to Maxim I for inviting me to take part. :thumbup:

An overview of the battle line.

brickmania17_1.jpg

Battle sails at the front (Achille).

brickmania17_2.jpg

(Concorde). Also gradually more studding sails in the back for catching up.

brickmania17_3.jpg

Main engagement between the two fleets (blue vs. red, what else?).

brickmania17_4.jpg

Looking down the battle line...

brickmania17_5.jpg

And another ship portrait (Concorde).

brickmania17_6.jpg

Still a few studding sails (on Guerrière), shielding the bomb ketch (Furieuse) from enemy fire.

brickmania17_7.jpg

That is this vessel.

brickmania17_8.jpg

Full sails at the back (Magicienne).

brickmania17_9.jpg

And at the very back, guarding the rear of the frigate (Médée).

brickmania17_10.jpg

This was also the first meeting between Captain Green Hair's famous tutorial frigate, and my equally sized (5 mids) interpretation inspired by it, Guerrière.

brickmania17_11.jpg

It was nice to see some different styles used on the two ships, both of which were built around the same time (2010-2011).

brickmania17_12.jpg

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I actually gave her Figurehead Captain Green Hair's face...

brickmania17_13.jpg

On 15/07/2016 at 5:13 PM, Cousarmy0001 said:

Speaking of Achille, actually, I have a question for you. I recently redid my largest ship so that the spar deck is now removable. I had to break it into four sections, though, to try and cut down on the sagging that I encountered. There's still quite a bit of it on the largest section, though, and the ship only has five center segments. Did you encounter any of this with the deck of Achille, and how did you fix it?

My apologies for the super-late reply. There are no problems with structural integrity with my ships: I put them in the trunk of my car without any protection and there was virtually no damage in spite of Antwerp's cobblestone streets.

brickmania17_14.jpg

Full resolution pictures will be available on my flickr.

My problem is only with the top deck.  When I had the deck segments as a single unit, the front and back ends were rising, preventing me from correctly installing the deck.  Like so:

38674410051_2ec34fa4b7_c.jpg

Have you had any problems with your removable decks doing this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Question clarifications aside, I would've sold a kidney to be there and see your fleet in person!  It's crazy to think that some of these legendary ships are seven years old now.  I still miss Achille's red sides, but she still looks quite lovely.  I also have to say that Guerrière's stern is much prettier than CGH's tutorial frigate.

I was happy to see your fleet for real ! It was a really nice week end !

I really liked seing your bomb ketch firing at the city. It was a great scene !

congrats on your fleet and hope to see you again on another event ! :thumbup::laugh:

On 11/27/2017 at 4:40 AM, Cousarmy0001 said:

My problem is only with the top deck.  When I had the deck segments as a single unit, the front and back ends were rising, preventing me from correctly installing the deck.  Like so:

38674410051_2ec34fa4b7_c.jpg

Have you had any problems with your removable decks doing this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Question clarifications aside, I would've sold a kidney to be there and see your fleet in person!  It's crazy to think that some of these legendary ships are seven years old now.  I still miss Achille's red sides, but she still looks quite lovely.  I also have to say that Guerrière's stern is much prettier than CGH's tutorial frigate.

Sadly as much as I appreciate the frigate tutorial as its majorly influenced my own build I have to agree the gentle curve offers a thing of elegance and beauty...  To me it's two beautiful ships but one does stand out as more elegant 

I too agree I loved the red...  The tan fits more in your fleet. 

Cousarmy0001 - are your plates possiblely warped ... I've experienced this on my build swap with a new plate and it's solved

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Cousarmy0001 - are your plates possiblely warped ... I've experienced this on my build swap with a new plate and it's solved

They're brand new, they'd better not be!

Good god! Seeing the whole fleet together is absolutely pleasin' to the eye! Since I live relatively close to Antwerp, I would've loved to see this. Sadly, I didn't. Notify me when you do something like this again. Also lovely the tutorial frigate gets to see the light of day once again. Never thought I'd be reminded of its existence!

That is outstandingly beautiful!! The details that are in every little spot are amazing! I would be happy if I could build something half as good as that! Brick on!

How long did it take you to complete that and get it just the way you wanted it?