Sign in to follow this  
88high

Lego Events in Washington (State) ?

Hello everybody! I will be taking a vacation to visit Washington state, and I was wondering, are there any Lego Events going on in the Seattle Area for next week and the week after? I cant seem to find anything in Google! :sceptic: I would like to take a break from the AFOL-less Arizona :hmpf_bad: and find a REAL Lego event!

I'm from Vancouver, BC and travel down to Washington state quite often. Unfortunately, I have had no luck finding LEGO related events near the area. The only one I'm aware of is BrickCon which is in October. But if anyone else has some more info, I'd love to know!

Hi

I just moved from Seattle to the UK. And I know brick con isn't until october but there is a LEGO User Group that meets monthly. I don't now when their next meeting is but I know its open to anyone. They are called Sealug. Look at their website and you might have to send an email but I'm sure you could go to their meeting if they meet during the time your there.

Also they just opened a new LEGO store in the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood. There is also a store in Bellevue Square.

Have fun in seattle its a really great place

Charlie

Hello everybody! I will be taking a vacation to visit Washington state, and I was wondering, are there any Lego Events going on in the Seattle Area for next week and the week after? I cant seem to find anything in Google! :sceptic: I would like to take a break from the AFOL-less Arizona :hmpf_bad: and find a REAL Lego event!

Well, you're in luck with the Alderwood Mall Lego store Grand Opening next weekend. It's in Lynnwood, which is about 10-15 miles north of Seattle. Should be pretty interesting, as it's not very often one gets to go to a store Grand Opening.

I am planning on going on Friday, and probably Saturday. I can stay a while on Friday to meet up, but I hope to stay a shorter time on Saturday (though waiting in line may take a while). I will be wearing my Time Cruisers "Tim" T-shirt at least one of the days.

Well, fortunately I scored on the Grand Opening minifigures today.

Got to the mall at 6:00am I drove around twice, but the place looked deserted. I thought that maybe because the mall was opening later (at 11:00 instead of 10:00) that maybe the registration table was going to be later, so I ran some errands and came back at 7:05. At that time there were a few people moving towards the one mall entrance where the registration table was. I headed in, got my ticket (Group 3), and asked how many people were in each group - the attendent stated 50. At that point I knew I was pretty much guaranteed a set. The attendent also told me that Group 3 was probably going in at 11:30.

I go home, check Facebook periodically and find that Group 3 is due to line up at 11:05. I raced down there and got in the Group 3 line. Funny thing is, there were not 50 in the Group 3 line, more like 20-30. Slowly, we all pour in and the place is packed - there's barely any room to move about. Initially, I was going to spend $40, just enough to get the set. I end up buying the LOTR Mines of Moria ($80) - yea, my self-control just vanished. Then I got in line, bought my item, and got the minifigure set with the large Yoda brick. Overall, I was in and out of the mall in 25 minutes.

In closing, it was a pretty good event, with some cool people dressed in Star Wars costumes - Vader, Leia, Scout Trooper, Jedi, and Stormtrooper Commander. There was alittle chaos with how to plan everything with the mall and making it a big enough event to attract an audience, but not overwhelming the mall proper. The brick is pretty basic, but it's Yoda and as a huge Star wars fan, I'm happy with it. The minifigure set is the one I wanted the most and features a chef with black lettering on the back, a girl with red lettering on the back, and a knight with black lettering on the back. They all state "2012 The Lego Store Lynnwood, WA" and mine is #183/500. The only funny thing is that the girl has a hair brush in her hand, but the hairpiece is loose in the blister in order to show the lettering on the back - so from some angles, she's bald with a hairbrush. Sure, the set opens - it's not sealed in anyway, but I'll probably leave it how it is. Oh, and the cardback has a nice scene of the Seattle skyline with the Space Needle.