LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

Here is pirzyk's train running last weekend at our show. It was 42 cars but not nearly as long as Tony's. Depending on the layout size, we plan to go bigger at Brickworld, especially with ME curves.

There are 26 containers and 16 tanker cars. This is not even the longest we have done, last year at some show we did 26 + 6 tankers + 20 coal cars = 52. But since we didn't record it, did it really happen? :)

Here is pirzyk's train running last weekend at our show. It was 42 cars but not nearly as long as Tony's. Depending on the layout size, we plan to go bigger at Brickworld, especially with ME curves.

There are 26 containers and 16 tanker cars. This is not even the longest we have done, last year at some show we did 26 + 6 tankers + 20 coal cars = 52. But since we didn't record it, did it really happen? :)

That'll be awesome at Brickworld. Be sure to take videos of it this time, Jim ;-) I should have 5 cars for my EP-3 at Brickworld (thanks to greenmtvince loaning me one), all, including the locomotive, over 54 studs long.

Here there is some of the long trains showed in the past ALEBRICKS 2016 in Madrid, Moc replicas of spanish trains by Aitoruco and I (MTRkustoms)

Hello friends of long Lego Trains

I want to show you three of my long Lego trains. The videos are not new. They are elsewhere already in the forum.

First) The shortest is the Santa Fe Super Chief length: 4.9 meters (16.07612 Foot / 192.91 inches), interesting is its weight: 9.5 Kg (20.94 pounds / pounds (lb))

Second) was not planned. The German BR 53, the small cousin of the " great " American Big Boy.They can drive through small curves, and through switch, and she can work really hard. 42 Maersk Container car length 12, 39 meters plus 0.94 meters BR 53 with Tender complete Length: 13.33 meters (43.73 Foot / 524.80 inches) Weight of Maersk Container cars: 12.75 Kg (28.11 pounds / pound (lb)) weight of the BR 53 unknown.

Third) The Maersk train consists of 42 Maersk Container cars and 7 locomotives entire length: 14.73 meters 48.33 Foot / 579.92 inches) Total weight of all 49 parts: 16.92 Kg (37.30 pounds / pound (lb))

Please do not forget. I drive all my Trains private, on the attic. Not on large layouts of exhibitions. If my locos pull the Maersk Container cars, the train in four or five curves is simultaneously pull on. Give me a great / a Lages layout and locos attract even more. I'm sure.

Thank you for reading and for your time

Edited by ust60

Hi Cale,

you can one of your cars, put out the kitchen scale. I did that when my wife was not there. :sadnew: Maybe one can then better compare.

uoRxPcDl.jpg

4eWgyAyl.jpg

Hi Cale,

you can one of your cars, put out the kitchen scale. I did that when my wife was not there. :sadnew: Maybe one can then better compare.

uoRxPcDl.jpg

4eWgyAyl.jpg

Each hopper weighs 399 grams.

Cale

Hi Emanuele,

I am pleased if you pleases the Maersk train. Today I have the BR 53 uncoupled again. I have re-coupled to Maersk train together. Who knows, maybe I can do it even once driving on an exhibition. With long grades and large curves, maybe one can then attract more cars.

Cordiali saluti Udo

Hi Cale,

twentyone wagons with a weight froms 400 grams corresponds to approximately 8400 grams. This is an orderly weight. How difficult it is, everyone can test times by hand. Pushing "easy" twenty or thirty heavy wagons through two standard Lego curves. I find it very amazing what the Lego motors afford.

Yours sincerely Udo

My EP-3 with a five-car passenger consist at Brickworld Chicago (the second train in the video). Not quite the longest train on this thread, nor the longest at Brickworld, but it was able to keep pretty impressive speed around the NILTC layout (Thanks to the two train motors powering it)! Thanks go to Vinnie for letting me borrow one of his coaches.

27785549226_4c8e059db9_z.jpgCurve Meet by Matt Csenge, on Flickr

Locomotive: 70 studs

Car 1: 54 studs

Car 2: 54 studs

Car 3: 67 studs

Car 4: 68 studs

Car 5: 68 studs

Edited by CrispyBassist

8 passenger cars from 4561 hauled by 60051

11 freight cars hailed by my "Mighty Mouse" shunter moc

My "record" is 14 heavy passenger cars hauled by the engine from the Horizon Express with two 9v motors.

Edited by storms26

My EP-3 with a five-car passenger consist at Brickworld Chicago (the second train in the video). Not quite the longest train on this thread, nor the longest at Brickworld, but it was able to keep pretty impressive speed around the NILTC layout (Thanks to the two train motors powering it)! Thanks go to Vinnie for letting me borrow one of his coaches.

Locomotive: 70 studs

Car 1: 54 studs

Car 2: 54 studs

Car 3: 67 studs

Car 4: 68 studs

Car 5: 68 studs

All train mocs of yours are so beautiful and detailed! Enjoyed browsing through your flickr! :blush: And the layout is pretty damn good as well, is that your local club's? So well done!!

Edited by brickblues

I'm currently working on a train which will be about 3.5m (about 11.5ft) long. It should be finished sometime next month, for running at a show at the beginning of October :classic:

I'm currently working on a train which will be about 3.5m (about 11.5ft) long. It should be finished sometime next month, for running at a show at the beginning of October :classic:

I'm hoping that might be Steam?

Sounds like fun. How many engines is it going to take?

Should be at STEAM, yes, as long as the parts arrive in time.

I'm building two cabs for it, so that I van swap them over when the battery box needs recharging. Each cab will use one rechargable battery box, two train motors, one IR receiver, one polarity switch and a PF cable extension.

Two motors should be enough to pull it.

Here is one of my trains. I have build 5 TGV's and they are all 3.2m long.

Normal it look better when achieve wagon is a bit longer, but I use them together with the trains from Lego., so this looks better.

I only know how to place the YouTube link.(using a tablet)

This is a few years ago, but one of the best videos of my train.

I saw that video before, never realised the train was made by someone from the Netherlands! Great stuff...and runs very quick as well!!!

29139623832_7307b17628_c.jpg

BR 10 steam engine with 3 dark green passenger coaches at BrickCityDays in Völklingen/Germany on R104 me-models.com curves.

Here you can see my trains in action:

Edited by HoMa

Hello friends of long Lego Trains

79 parts Maersk train. Big thank you to everyone who supported me. René, Gerd59, Michael, Tim, Gerd, Markus, Wolfgang, Peter the whole BB Taem. More than 23 meters Maersk train. Hazards on 09/10/2016 in Schierling, Bavaria Germany

Yours sincerely Udo