LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

hello all, i saw this topic some time ago and i remembered that i had made a train in LDD which is pretty large, and i have decided to show it to you. I took a total of 11 separated parts, a normal locomotive, a some-kind-of living wagon for the engineers (i dont know the exactly name), a B unit locomotive and 8 normal flat wagons that i made; i made all these parts to be huge, but when i put them together (after my PC almost get freezed), i found that the whole train was 1132 studs long, what is about 29,7 feet or 9 meters long, so yes, it is pretty big and i hope you like it:

The locomotive and the "living wagon":

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/imanolB/mega-train/mega_train.png

The B unit:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/imanolB/mega-train/mega_train_b_locomotive.png

The wagon:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/imanolB/mega-train/mega_train_wagon.png

And the whole train:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/imanolB/mega-train/mega_train_completed.png

I hope you like it, if there is people interested i may open a topic for it, thank you.

Edited by Rick
Please keep embedded images to a max. resolution of 1024x768px

Yes it's long, but tbh, anyone could go into LDD, design a truck and then copy & paste it multiple times. Heck, I could make one a mile long if I wanted.

My point is that it's not really that impressive an achievement in LDD. It'd be much more impressive if you had photos of a REAL long train.

Yes it's long, but tbh, anyone could go into LDD, design a truck and then copy & paste it multiple times. Heck, I could make one a mile long if I wanted.

My point is that it's not really that impressive an achievement in LDD. It'd be much more impressive if you had photos of a REAL long train.

what i mean is that the train, or at least the wagons, would be a nice choice to build long trains without needing too many wagons, you can have less wagons but still have a longer train, so it would look much more real than the normal lego wagons that arent too big, and sadly, i dont have the pieces to build the train, but if in the future i build it, i will post it.

Here is my long train which was exhibited last weekend in one of my LUG events in Bucharest, Romania. In the video the loco moves six more wagons which were built by my LUG colleague Balogh Laszlo ( the blue platforms ).

25367033983_ba2e74cb44_z.jpgLEGO Long Train 2 by Severus A, on Flickr

25969847886_1fef0f1e1c_z.jpgLEGO Long Train 1 by Severus A, on Flickr

25695217520_e7ec359cd1_z.jpgLEGO Long Train 3 by Severus A, on Flickr

25363058704_bbfbe4702f_z.jpgLEGO Long Train by Severus A, on Flickr

Finally got of my backside to make a video of my recently completed BR Mk1s. I think it belongs in this thread..?

Wow, that's a really impressive rake! Great colour on the engine too.

Finally got of my backside to make a video of my recently completed BR Mk1s. I think it belongs in this thread..?

Not only long, but indeed very impressive as well.

Pretty impressive indeed.. and, for this thread, it is really long, so yes, it belongs in this thread!!

My longest trains my NYNH&H passenger train. Though it's only a motor and three cars, it's 13.3 ft long (~4 m) the shortest cars are 54 studs long each.

25988906890_2f9303f85b_z.jpg

I'm also working on a fourth car for it, of the same design as the dark green one in the video greenmtvince posted a few replies up. This will put it at 16.6 ft (~5 m) long

It hardly looks like Lego, but i really like it.. can you post some extra pictures, that would be nice!! The length is okay for this thread :wink:

Wow!! That is really something! Especially impressive is that everything is scratch built. If you look close at about 1 min mark, you can see the caboose on the other side of the table. Has the Mallet been highlighted anyplace? I'd love to see some close-ups of that and know the details of how it is powered. Well done!

At our show this past weekend, NILTC, we had a loco and tender pull 15 Maersk flat cars with containers, which was a distance of 16 feet and 6 inches...

But then Sava goes and blows it away. So now, no point to post the pic...:(

But hey, credit to Tony!!!

As a side note, the loco pulling the 15 cars was one of Mr. Sava's designs.

A few months ago I recorded a video where I used long trains. I lost unfortunately most pictures but I have these two left:

oGu9j5M.jpg

dqsbcGm.jpg

Edited by AlmightyArjen

Here is pirzyk's train running last weekend at our show. It was 42 cars but not nearly as long as Tony's. Depending on the layout size, we plan to go bigger at Brickworld, especially with ME curves.

Well crap, I don't have a photo of my longest train thus far. I ran three PF locomotives on 8 heavy freight cars the other night (batteries were dying, hence 3).