LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

Hello all,

Finally I had some time to set up some track for my trains.

Here is the not so long (but still longer than the official version) 7938 passenger train.

7938_5_long_01.jpg

I like it in this size.

My Emerald Night with 5 passenger carriages:

emerald_night_5_carriages.jpg

And my newest addition, the Horizon express:

horizon_express_01.jpg

It has 8 passenger carriages. Three first class, one dining car, and four second class wagons of which only two have a toilet.

And my longest train, the Maersk train:

double_maersk_12_wagons_03.jpg

And it is difficult to get a decent picture...

First I had only two train motors in one engine, but there was a bit too much slippage so now I use four train motors in the two engines. Works perfectly.

Finally my Horizon Express is ready with a total of 2 loco's and 6 passengercars. I added Jacobsbogeys to all carriages except for the connection with the loco.10480332806_6941e68370_b.jpg Greetz, LegoSjaak

I have to get a 3rd set to add a #5 and #6 passenger car to my Horizon Express, that looks great!

Edited by croooow

Love all those long trains! I need to get moving and start expanding mine outside of the regulars.. More box cars and passenger cars I think!

Here is my longest train (recreated in LDD due to me not having a camera!)

Seven 32x32 base-plates (224 studs) long plus four studs overhang = 228 studs long, or about 71 inches (or 1.8 meters) long based on my quick calculation.

11790088323_5aeebb7c10_c.jpg

Here is the train from the rear (without the loco)

11789869355_17f9375ccd_c.jpg

Are there already EB-members that have collected a long 60051 passengertrain with lots of extra cars or the new 60052 cargotrain with multiples of cargocars? Would love to see some pictures here!!

My 3 meters (about 10ft) long Trans Europ Express:

16052063753_c22028ae3a_z.jpgThe whole train by StefanEris, on Flickr

And then is there the longest (at least I think so) Mearsk Train of the world, with 6 Locos and 120 cars from an other SwissLUG member (not all cars belong to him but he managed to keep the train running with PF).

For those who speak German: enjoy the article, for the others: yes, the train on the picture is one single train!

http://www.swisslug...._2014-11-11.pdf

Incredible, all those long trains, really nice to see all of them!

I have a long Octan train. I've built the loc myself, using the 7755 as a basis.

o0A366C.jpg

And a video in action:

Edited by AlmightyArjen

The Superliners are about 12.5 ft (3.8 m)

1img_2922.jpg_thumb.jpg

The North Coast Limited is about 12 ft (3.7 m)

ncl-p09.jpg_thumb.jpg

If you look closely at this 25+ ft (7.6+ m) freight train, you will see the locomotive rounding the near corner on the right as the caboose is about to turn the far corner on the left. I've done longer, but this one is probably the longest I've done in the past few years and probably the longest I've gone with just regular lego magnets.

img_2675.jpg_thumb.jpg

So excellent to see long trains, big fan. Can't wait to finish my basement to get my track setup again and take some pictures.

Finally I can see a long Emerald Night with 1st, 2nd and 3rd class! :tongue:

Nice pictures! :classic:

Wait Lecco event, mine is a bit little longer, four cars, but the engine is a 4 - 8 - 4 instead of a 4 - 6 - 2 !

I'm actually working on a 3 meter-ish train set now, but currently my longest is a 2.1 meter-ish T1 + P54 set:

img_0580.jpg

It doesn't actually have a lot of cars, it's just that each car is ginormous.

I really hope that Lego decides to release some longer trains. These are all awesome and I'd love to see a official train with more than 3 cars.

As cool as that would be, it would probably be too expensive. If the cars were also available separately, then the buyer could buy as many cars as he/she can afford, w/o having to buy more than train set and ending up with more than one loco.

Yeah, given that a 60052 is already $200, I'm pretty sure Lego isn't going to make longer trains anytime soon, especially if it's a nice train set like the Maersk train or HE. Extra cars is pretty much the best thing you can hope for, and even that doesn't seem likely...

Edited by Commander Wolf

I'm actually working on a 3 meter-ish train set now, but currently my longest is a 2.1 meter-ish T1 + P54 set:

It doesn't actually have a lot of cars, it's just that each car is ginormous.

Wow, that looks very nice altogether.

I still haven't seen any longer than standard length 60051 or 60052 trains.. isn't there anyone that got himself some extra passenger or cargocars from these sets? With the 7938 and 7939 it was pretty easy to get some extra cars through second hand internet-markets.....Hope to see someone posting some pictures....!!

12 volt: Looking forward to more pictures of that fantastic set-up! Got a layout big enough to run them?

Edited by ecmo47