LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

Hi there, wouldn't it be nice to see some pictures of members of EB here from long Legotrains. Although it is difficult to make really nice pictures of long trains, it might be worth to give it a try!

Here some examples of my own trains.. i like multiples of the cars, as you can see...

Here a 2.50 meters long 3677 Red cargotrain....

7375491156_e4da6ca49c.jpg

Here a 1.40 meters long (..or short...) 10194 Emerald Night

7355116142_16038f3588.jpg

Here a 4.00 meters long 10219 Maersk train...

7159775605_f99801016d.jpg

Here a 1.80 meters long 7938 Passengertrain.

7388430136_a427988290.jpg

Here a 3.05 meters long 7939 Cargotrain.

7388424014_b3ddc80c0d.jpg

Total 12.75 meters of train... :classic:

Hope to see long trains!!!! :cry_happy:

Wow great looking trains!!

Do you just buy multiple sets or individual cars off bricklink and ebay?

If I were him I'd buy two of each set and use the pieces that I didn't use for the engines, and buy individual pieces after that.

Seems like the cheaper thing to do anyway.

Nice sets!

I have an emerald night setup exactly the same as yours, one carrige just isn't enough for the emerald night!

I also have the maersk with 4 cars, not as impressive as yours though!

Seeing all these long trains make me feel like I have such a small train display.

My longest train is the Emerald Night with two passenger trains.

TO BRICKLINK!

Wow great looking trains!!

Do you just buy multiple sets or individual cars off bricklink and ebay?

For the Maersktrain i bought 6 sets, and sold the trucks, 3 engines and some empty cars... i also got VIP points ofcourse and together wit selling the free extras like the Tote-bag and the Hulk Minifig, the extra cars and containers were not too expensive... Most of the other cars from the emerald night and the 3677 i bought via a marketplace on the internet.

I actually forgot to post my long 7938 as well...haha...

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Here my entry for long trains:

Oh yeah, great...guys, have a look at ZueriHB's video...cool!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I forgot to post my 7938 Passengertrain here.. It is 1.78 meters long, so it is not my longest...

7388430136_a427988290.jpg

7388432526_786e50bdb9.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hello everyone, it seems that there are more and more members wanting to show their long trains... keep thoes pictures coming!!

Here is my 7939 Cargotrain including a red version of the yellow 7939 Engine. It has 6 red containercars and 5 Octancars..

7388424014_b3ddc80c0d.jpg

7388425534_55967525aa.jpg

This 7939 train makes the total length of 5 of my longest trains (7939, 7939, 3677, 10194 and 10219) over 12 meters of train.

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Very fun topic! Heres my sort of long Super Chief:

7182555972_45f78966d2.jpg

Love the nose of your Super Chief!!!!

Here's my mixed passenger and freight train at STEAM last year. I reckon it's about 2.4 metres long and I could add another container wagon to take it up to 2.67.

Jonathan

hybrid3-1.jpg

Here's my mixed passenger and freight train at STEAM last year. I reckon it's about 2.4 metres long and I could add another container wagon to take it up to 2.67.

Jonathan

hybrid3-1.jpg

That is a cool one.. i like how you modified the passengercars into cargocars..... Does it have 2 motors? I never showed my trains in real life...only on Flickr and YouTube.. What do you think of showing them on an exhibit or public show?

Greetz, LegoSjaak

ive got videos...

3m

1,80m

Hi Sérgio, i like both trains! the variety of the passengercars in the first video surprised me... they are one by one really nice!!!!!

Thanks for your videos!!! Great!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi everyone!

This is a fun topic - I like the creations shown so far. I can contribute the following videos:

Here Thomas the Tank Engine (loaded down with pennies for traction) is pulling every freight wagon I own on a long curves layout... and causes a small traffic jam. :laugh:

The following video features my full-length ICE 3 and TGV models passing on a double track layout -- each model is just over 3 m long.

You can see more of these high speed trains in this old thread and my Youtube channel -- I have a video on how to make long curves from pieces of straight track there as well.

Cheers,

LEGO9Vtrainfan

That ICE3 is awesome, and in this case the length does the train a lot good! Last summer i travelled with an ICE train in German. It is really cool to be faster than 300 km /hour, although only your ears notice the differences in pressure....

But, very cool trains, i already saw them on youtube before!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I always love seeing your trains in those sweeping curves Holger. Awesome videos.

Cale

Hi everyone!

This is a fun topic - I like the creations shown so far. I can contribute the following videos:

Here Thomas the Tank Engine (loaded down with pennies for traction) is pulling every freight wagon I own on a long curves layout... and causes a small traffic jam. :laugh:

The following video features my full-length ICE 3 and TGV models passing on a double track layout -- each model is just over 3 m long.

You can see more of these high speed trains in this old thread and my Youtube channel -- I have a video on how to make long curves from pieces of straight track there as well.

Cheers,

LEGO9Vtrainfan

So this may not be the longest train in this thread but it's my newest. These are my recently posted Pennsylvania RR K4s steamers double heading on a six car train. I hope to add a few more cars in the future.

Passing by the Dowtown on our PennLUG Train layout

Passing Chris Edward's awesome train station

Passing my York Tower

Cale

001_lego-ice-3.jpg

Hi all,

you can find my LEGO train MOCs at http://www.holgermatthes.de/bricks/en/trains.php

This video shows Kai's Thalys and HoMa's ICE 3 on our layout at LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne in 2010.

I always love seeing your trains in those sweeping curves Holger. Awesome videos.

Cale

Sorry, it's not my video and train MOC ... I just came up with the long curves once :-]

Holger

Heres a couple of links to one picture and one vid (excuse the quality) of the typical long trains I like to run:

Picture

video

Those are so cool... have seen your creations before.. hope you have a job in contructing or designing.....

Greetz and thanks, LegoSjaak

Hi there, what a fun idea....

default_laugh_new.gifimg_0023.jpg

img_0022.jpg

img_0024.jpg

img_0025.jpg

From your pictures I can see that I clearly need more wagons.... default_laugh_new.gif

Edited by Hechristensen

Great topic!!! :wub:

My long train:

Edited by Kwagge