DraikNova

Retro-Moc-Off

Okay, have fun!

PS: There aren't any prizes.

The prize is the admiration or the ridicule of your peers, enough for me :tongue:

The prize is the admiration or the ridicule of your peers, enough for me :tongue:

Done and done!

Yes, you can already start submitting. And I've raised the deadline to the 5th of July.

Blacktron SR-17 recon and data retrieval drone.

Flying through the depths of space

drone1.png

Aproaching target

drone2.png

'Retrieving' some data

drone3.png

SR-17 flight mode

drone4.png

SR-17 Drone mode

drone5.png

Rest assured, you can count on me for one or the other. If you're lucky, both. :laugh:

Not exactly what I meant BasOne, but nice and very creative. I'll give it a 8.5 on design, a 7 for swooshability, a 7.5 for parts use, and a 7 for colorscheme. That means all around you've gotten about a 7.6. The design category counts double, and the colorscheme counts for 1.5.

Edited by DraikNova

A small robot. But you actually incorporated one into a spaceship, which is why you got 8.5 out of 10 in the most important category. Only thing missing are some nice greebles. BTW, the swooshability category is only for vehicle-like designs. Robots get the category tools.

Hiya just to clarify What exactly counts as data retreival tool - can the toll be panels or radio receivers. I've completed the build but not in the correct colours yet. If I've got the wrong end of the stick I will alter it. Also are we allowed to add custom decals to our designs. Just something simple but it would finish my moc off if I could just stick a little extra detail on it. :)

thanks.

Neo Blacktron Reconnaissance and Data Retrieval drone, called "Spike" by the troops.

Spike is build to sneak silently into enemy bases and ships. There he tries to connect to the main computer to steal all kinds of data. Also his sensor tool, which can be extended, can intercept longe range transmissions and do reconnaissance on the battle field. Also Spike is able to defend himself when he's engaged by enemys. He's programmed to use all kinds of weapons, but prefers to escape, avoiding combat.

Spike4-1.jpg

Spike1.jpg

Spike2-1.jpg

Spikeextended.jpg

Edited by Blacktron

Great! I give it a 9 on design, a 8 for tools, a 8 for parts use, and a 8.5 for colorscheme, so an 8.5 overall. Nice work and I think Blacktron will like to use it for it's communication interception capabilities.

Pretty much anything you can steal information with counts here. And I guess you're allowed to do that, just be warned, it either won't be counted or it could be a liability for your scoring.

I'm looking forward to see the MOCs of -zenn, Hammerstein NWC and the others. Maybe a little more moderation would be needed from you, Draik Nova. I hope this would motivate more builders. Also a few more explainations would be helpful to run this thread.

For example:

- Who's the jury? Are you the only member, DraikNova, or can the other builders make a vote too?

- Also: Do you already have a deadline, when round 2 vehicles should be completed? A have a lot of imagination, but right now I have no idea for an infiltration vehicle. Okay, maybe a small space ship could infiltrate a star system or even a base or ship. But I'm more into ground vehicles right now. Ground vehicles (cars, mechs, crawlers etc.) are large and noisy most of the time - so I have difficulties imagening an infiltration vehicle. :blush:

Any medium-to-large vehicle with data-stealing capability would be good, but keep in mind that I am biased to true infiltration vehicles (and since there haven't been any yet, Spyrius MOCs). The deadline for this round has once again been moved to the 9th of July. And the start for the uploading of second round creations is the 14th of July. Because of my vacation, I might not be able to judge all of the MOCs from that period, so the deadline will be very late! Just gotta decide on the exact date. And anyone who wants (and is not making MOCs for this) can judge alongside me!

Neo Blacktron Reconnaissance and Data Retrieval drone, called "Spike" by the troops.

Spike is build to sneak silently into enemy bases and ships. There he tries to connect to the main computer to steal all kinds of data. Also his sensor tool, which can be extended, can intercept longe range transmissions and do reconnaissance on the battle field. Also Spike is able to defend himself when he's engaged by enemys. He's programmed to use all kinds of weapons, but prefers to escape, avoiding combat.

Very cool! I like the leg design! Makes it look very spider-like. Definitially looks great for Blacktron data-retrieval.

Still no Spyrius MOCs? Really? Hope next round will have a better turnout of Spyrius. Anyway, just so that you know, the third category is just making a building or outpost, of any size you want.

Still no Spyrius MOCs? Really? Hope next round will have a better turnout of Spyrius. Anyway, just so that you know, the third category is just making a building or outpost, of any size you want.

My Spyrius MOC is done, just need to snap the photos. Should be able to do that tomorrow. :)

My Spyrius MOC is done, just need to snap the photos. Should be able to do that tomorrow. :)

Hiya

I am uploading my data drone tonight. I was hoping my bricklink order would show today but no joy. I needed some simple parts in yellow but will have to go with black! d'oh!

I'm enjoying the entries!! :)

Thank you! Seeing the quality of your MOCs, I think Spyrius will be able to compete with Blacktron soon.

Here is my Blacktron data retreival drone.

7538436696_8bb09a58ab_c.jpg

The Blacktron JitterBug has three modes of operation.

Satellite Mode - Once deployed, the Bug picks up radio frequency "jitters" which it stores on it;s high tech Toshiblack Hi Fi system. It can record up to 10 hours of tape cassette.

Flight Mode, The Bug can fly both in zero G and orbital atmospheres and runs off twin uranium duracell batteries.

Data retrieval mode - The bug can operate on land and uses it's sensor array to "feel" it's surrounding environs. In the third picture you can see a Blacktron Agent playing back data retrieved on his tape decks.

Edited by Hammerstein NWC

Spyrius Data Stealing Drone! Inspired by some MF0 Mecha.

This drone is able to blend into its environment by posing as an ordinary communications tower. But hidden inside is a dastardly Spyrius Droid!

7539415726_ba0f2893ec.jpg

Spyrius MOC - "Data Stealing Drone" by Xand0r, on Flickr

7539425276_1e00146a93.jpg

7539422138_81ba5bfdea.jpg

7539419172_80112a1475.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality. My good camera was out of battery, and there wasn't enough sunlight to use my lightbox.