castor-troy

Modular Madness: French Mansion

indexed.gif B-RM-08A

This is my participation for the modular madness contest in category 3.

I choose a "hotel particulier" as you can see in europe town. I don't know if it's a good translation for "french mansion" but i hope this house contains a french touch !

It's a first post and I thInk i will probably make some modifications before the end of the contest. I work on the interior.

VERSION DEFINITIVE :

facade1.jpgfacade2.jpgfacade3.jpgback.jpg

rdc0.jpg

See more interior in page 3

Edited by castor-troy

This is a beautiful start for a WIP.

I allready like it, great work, nice colors and the overall like and diversity really makes it stand out.

Wow this is beautiful! I really really like it. Nice work. Does it look good with the other modulars?

Nice work!

Charlie

This is a very beautiful moc. The detail is great. I love the iron railings.

The colors you chose really make this more inviting to look at. :classic:

That is a very nice looking MOC.

I like how it has just enough other color to create some depth instead of only using tan. With the official modulars they sometimes throw in another color here and there to break it up, but the tan works really well. I have been trying to figure out how to handle my color problem.

I like the overall design and some of the techniques used. I had a few of them as ideas in my own MOC, but we'll see how it ends up.

Keep up the great work.

Good luck in the contest.

I particularly like the round part, shame there is no way to put a patio on top of it. One small detail, the storm drain grille pieces need to be against the light-bley curb, not separated from it.

Very impressive! The rounded section fits nicely, and the brickwork is great :thumbup:

The roofs are an interesting shape as well, looking forward to seeing the interior :classic:

This execution is pretty nice!! My favorit section is the rounded part, too. :classic:

Great Job!! :thumbup:

AHH, this brings me back to the streets of Paris! I love MODS and this one is up there with the best! Nice work!

The first sign that the competition in this contest is going to be absolutely fierce. A great modular for sure - I love the facade (and the colours are great), but equally much I really appreciate how you've added so much detail to the back. That backyard is lovely!

My only complaint would have to be that it seems very tall compared to the official modulars - none of them have more than three floors.

Now this a w-i-p, looks fantastic at the moment ' castor-troy ' ! :grin:

The colours used are wonderful and very French-looking indeed....late 19th century. :classic:

I can't wait for the next update, Brick On ! :classic:

Wow! This is amazing, the unique shaping, brilliant splashes of red amongst the tand brickwork, and the general shape are all spectacular! Love it from every angle! :blush:

Also, blogged, on Brick Town Talk!

Edited by Dakar A

I really want to try to make a building like yours once, but i have never even built one of the modular sets....so, i do not now what technique is used in floor design etcetera.... I do have 5 sets from the 4954 TownHouse so i could use a lot of parts from that one i guess....

Till that time... i'll be SO jealous on your skills and your creation!! It is wonderfull!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

That is very well done. I can't see anything that should be changed on it. I especially like how you made the roof.

Wow, this is amazing. One of the best houses I have ever seen.

Everything is good; From teh general layout, choice of colours, the details and odd piezes put to good use, all the way to the incredible detailed back-side. (See The Painted Ladies" on how I do back-sides... ;-) )

If this is a competition, I think it might be over already! LOL Nah, just kidding. Bonne chance!

Amazing. Great architecture. The round part with the balcony is my favorite part. The little bits of red really break it up nicely and adds to it. That sucker sure is tall. The roof is nicely built as well, gives it a Victorian feel.