@ AndyCW: Those RC4WD Rock Crusher X/T 2.2 Tires have these dimensions:

* Outer Diameter: 5.5" (139mm)

* Width: 1.97" (50mm)

* Inner Diameter: 2.2" (56mm)

* Each tire weight: 6.15 oz / 174 g

The Lego 32197 "Wheel 81.6 x 34 ZR Three Spoke Swirl" has an 81.6mm Outside Diameter (O.D.) -- that's too far different from the Rock Crusher X/T 2.2 Tires' 56mm Inside Diameter (I.D.) to fit. Moreover, the width of the wheel (34mm) is way too narrow for the tire's 50mm width. :look: The typical RC-type offroad tires have stretchy rubber, but they can't stretch THAT MUCH.

32197.jpgRC22-02.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thank you David. I like these tires. I will by them together with 1.55 baja mtz scale:)

I just received the rc4wd Rock Crusher x/t 1.9" tires in the mail. Since RC4WD is showing them out of stock and told me it would be a 3-4 week wait I ended up ordering them from Liquid RC off of ebay. I picked two pairs up for a total of $29.98 USD free priority 2 day shipping. Link below. I can't believe the high quality of the compound. It is very tacky. I did a test fit on my Unimog and they look great but rub the fenders a little bit when the springs are fully compressed. The only thing I am disappointed about is how the inner lip of the RC4WD tire is thicker than the stock Lego tire which means you need to tuck the lip slightly under. All in all it is still a very tight fit and way more aggressive and reaslistic look, worth every penny. Has anyone designed an adapter for Lego to RC rim/hub?

Liquid RC ebay link.

@ jadedomg: Those RC4WD Retread 1.7" Commercial 1/14 Semi Truck Tires MAY NOT fit well on the Lego 32020 "Wheel 62.4 x 20" because those tires have an Inside Diameter of 1.71" (43.5mm). That is close to 1/2" (19mm) smaller than the O.D. of those Lego wheels (62.4mm). The RC4WD rubber can stretch over the O.D. of the wheel and fit into the inset grooves. The width of those tires (0.87" = 22mm) is close enough to the wheel's 20mm width, but if one stretched those tires over the wheels, the sidewalls MAY end up bulging outwards. The price of those tires (USD $9.99 for a pair) is not bad, though.

DSC_4243.jpg32020.jpg

@ Someonenamedjon: One could use non-Lego RC-style wheels and tires on Lego Technic Axles. If you need the axles to attach to the wheels, one could epoxy a Lego 2x2 Round Plate to the center of the wheel, and thread a Lego Axle through the Lego Round Plate. Derfel Cadarn - posted this picture on his Flickr photostream, and wrote:

"Oh Yes! They fit!!"

"I took the wheels off an old Tamiya RC Monster Beetle I had lying around. To my surprise, they have the same size axel hole is Lego wheels and the Technic axel fits like a glove. To top it off, a 8x8 dish fits perfectly on the front of the wheel and hides the gold rims. It amazing how perfect everything fits, its like they were built for Lego.

"These are gonna look sweet on a huge space vehicle, or any other large vehicle for that matter. Now I gotta go and order some 8x8 dish plates in various colours!"

6981570870_5b1e0eab66_c.jpg

What I'd like to know is if there are any 3rd party tyres for smaller rims like the 56145 or 44292? My Son used the 56145s with 55976 balloon tyres in the Tasmanian (Australia) State finals of the Junior Robocup challenge because they had ok climbing ability to get us over the speed bumps but when they decided to add a ramp to the course we found they had insufficient grip to haul the NXT 2.0 brick + sensors up the slope... all we got was slip. Some of these 3rd party tyres look like a good alternative with excellent climbing ability to get over the speed bumps too... a soft compound should help with grip on a smooth inclined surface too. This year we were going to go for lo-pro tyres (55978), for the above rims to increase the amount of grip but I think we will get that at the expense of climbing ability to get over the speed bumps.

Edited by TasV

@ TasV: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: If you look on this post earlier in this same topic, you can see pictures of the four Rok Lox Micro Comp Tires mounted on the 56145 "Wheels 30.4mm D. x 20mm with No Pin Holes and Reinforced Rim". They are VERY GRIPPY and you will be pleased with them.

Awesome! Thank you so much!

EDIT: How does one get a tyre/tire with an ID of 25.5mm onto a rim of 30.4mm without it distorting? I also like the look of the Losi Rock-Crusher Micro Crawler Tyres but read earlier in the post that once they were stretched onto the 30.4mm rims they'd distort. Does soaking them in very hot water before fitting help to minimise this?

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by TasV

I wanted a wheel/tyre combination that was around the same diameter as the those on the Unimog etc, but with a more realistic width and sidewall profile.

I've found that the Rock Crusher XT 1.55 tyres have the desired proportions, and fit very nicely onto Wheel 43.2mm D. x 26mm Technic Racing Small, 6 Pinholes (56908).

Can't show them on the Unimog, as mine isn't currently assembled, but here are side by side comparison pictures:

post-42222-0-12539200-1362291285_thumb.jpeg

post-42222-0-38282000-1362291287_thumb.jpeg

post-42222-0-62404700-1362291289_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ascend

perfect

+1

May be someone can help me: I need tires with diameter about 62-70 mm, real look proportions and off road tread pattern for any lego wheel (43.2x26 is prefferable)

Nearest is 4WD MTZ BAJA SCALE 1.55. - about 80 mm, very cool, but much bigger my needs...

I want something to replace lego's 62,4 x 20.

@ rm8: Those RC4WD Mickey Thompson 1.55 Baja MTZ Scale Tires should fit on the Lego 41896 "Wheel 43.2mm D. x 26mm Technic Racing Small, 3 Pinholes" , but I agree that its 84mm outer diameter is too far off of your target 62-70mm:

Specifications:

Outer Diameter: 3.30" (84mm)

Width: 1.06" (27mm)

Inner Diameter: 1.55" (39mm)

Advanced X3 Soft & Sticky Compound

Reinforced sidewall

Each tire weight: 1.3 oz / 37 g

DSC_7043.jpg41896.jpg

The proportions of the RC4WD Dirt Grabber 1.55" All Terrain Tires are closer to what you want, but the tread pattern is not as aggressive:

Specifications:

Width 24mm / 0.94inch

Outer Diameter: 2.99" (76mm)

1.55 Wheel size

Each tire weight: 1.15 oz / 33 g

Z-T0021_2.jpg

I'm not sure whether there are third-party, RC-type OFFROAD tires that can replace the Lego 32019 "Tire 62.4mm D. x 20mm", since offroad tires have big sidewalls to absorb shock. They are also mounted on wheels that have a diameter ~1/2 of tire's overall diameter, to keep the weight down. The Lego tire has a lower sidewall profile than one would typically see on an offroad tire:

32019.jpg

The Heavy Offroad Truck Tire M 1:16 may meet your needs:

Specification:

Internal Diameter 40mm

Outside Diameter 73mm

Width 20mm

Tread depth 1 mm

Air-filled tires

Edited by DLuders

I have been making large vehicles for a while now, and while I consider myself a purist, I do not like the idea of using Lego made tires outdoors.

Looking at this thread there are very few road tires, most are of the crawler variety.

I have ordered a few of these (due in 2 weeks or so) and will try and remember to post the results here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCHPD&P=8

Thanks for the info on all the assorted sizes everyone.

@ fex00: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Those Duratrax Bandito SC On-Road C2 Tires that you ordered should fit well on the standard Lego 44772 wheel IF it has a ~1.9" (~48mm) inside diameter. The specificitions only list the outer dimensions:

SPECS: Width: 1.74" (41mm)

Outer Diameter: 4.00" (101mm)

dtxc3797.jpg

@Luders

I just couldnt pass up such a great deal on those tires! Hopefully they fit well and work with my new truck trial truck!

tim

02.jpg44772.jpg

Gmade 1.9" M/T Off-road Tires also fit the standard Lego 44772 wheels:

"Specifications:

•Gmade MT1901 tires are high grip tires designed for various rock crawlers & trucks.

•These tires are made of super soft compounds for good grip over all kind of terrain.

•Large, deep lugs provide exceptional traction in rock, mud, and dirt.

•Fits 1.9 inch size wheels.

•Sold in pairs.

•Inner foams are included.

•Tire Height: 105mm (4.2")

•Tire Width: 38mm (1.5")

•Inner Diameter: 48mm (1.9")

What's included:

•Gmade MT1901 Off-road Tires x 2

•Inner foams x 2"

Edited by DLuders

I received my Rock Crusher Micro Crawler Tires (Part Number Z-T0027) and am loving them. They feel almost sticky to touch.

rockcr11.jpg

I like that their OD is 48mm... exactly the same as my Rotacaster Omniwheel. I got these for my Son for his NXT robot to add grip. Only trouble is that even with the foam in them the mass of the NXT+NXT motors/sensors is enough to cause a bit of deflation in them. Excellent grip though and great price.

Edited by TasV