32 minutes ago, efferman said:

My RC4WDs are arrived.

The Grip between rim  and Tire is superb, but i think the foam insert should have a smaller inner diameter to fit into the large ringse inside the rim. Actually it feels a bit to soft against sideforces
[
Driving test will follow when i find the time

Thanks for feedback. May be you are right, side deformation is the moment we have to improve. And improving foam inserts can help. Any feedback will be useful to update product in the future

Edited by rm8

Test drive!

Review waiting for translation and will be shared ASAP

Edited by rm8

May be you'l find it interesting: I did review with english translation subtitiles

Edited by rm8

What tyres would you guys recommend for a heavy model (around 4.5 kg) with four planetary hubs, so with the tyres squeezed between two second-generation z56 turntables? Unimog and Claas tyres seem to pop out as soon as I press down on the model.

Sample axle by @efferman with the planetary hubs I have in mind:

11948838196_2ea81cc02f.jpg

Anone ever trided something from AVF model shop? I'm particularly interested in this one:

https://afv-model.com/52/Maßstab-1%3A16-LIV-und-Wolf-Reifen-Vollreifen

Not the best thread, but the size would be very good for trucks in scale 21,5:1 - it would be possible to have duallies on Mack style truck. However the price is monstrous without knowing if it will fit any of the lego rim (and even if it fits it is bloody expensive)

Hi I just registered to show you the result of budget tyres from ebay (less than 9 euros for a set of 4 tyres with foam insert).

Those are the AUSTAR 3020 1.9inch Tires Tyres

They fit quite well  on 42077 rims even if you need to push a little toward the inside of the rim.

DSC_0166

Edited by fosamax

On 5/13/2018 at 6:01 PM, I_Igor said:

BTW did anyone find 120mm tractor tire  with self cleaning treads like CLAAS tires?

Yes, well, 130mm... check out my Axion 960 moc thread. I'm currently building a Xerion at that scale, may start a wip thread for it soon.

7 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Yes, well, 130mm... check out my Axion 960 moc thread. I'm currently building a Xerion at that scale, may start a wip thread for it soon.

I saw it and it looks nice (if I remember correctly I have even posted image of Axion 960 with tracks in your tread), but treads on 130mm tractor tire that you use are not the same, LEGO treads are more angled if you understand what I mean.

Thank you for your honest intentions.

It could be at the end that this tire introduced with Xerion will be the one and only tractor tire in LEGO production

i agree, they're not identical.. but, for me they're at least the correct agricultural pattern, so better than nothing! As you say, i doubt we will get a 120/130mm tyre from TLG unfortunately.. 

..and on my new Xerion moc, they're all the same, so they at least match!

12 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

i agree, they're not identical.. but, for me they're at least the correct agricultural pattern, so better than nothing! As you say, i doubt we will get a 120/130mm tyre from TLG unfortunately.. 

..and on my new Xerion moc, they're all the same, so they at least match!

and as time passes I doubt that we will become smaller ones... I saw images of axles for your Xerion and it looks to me that you use orange clutch (from Chiron) as locking differential

52 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

it looks to me that you use orange clutch (from Chiron) as locking differential

You're right, i do! Its got all 3 diff's lockable using that orange clutch

4 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

You're right, i do! Its got all 3 diff's lockable using that orange clutch

I'm afraid it would end up very huge. I'm fan of small scale mocs, but since I have several tractors build I'have decided to make something that could be mid-scale; scale 1:15 and use modified LEGO tires if I need, but with current tractor tire I have my limitations; probably biggest diameter that I could achieve is some 113mm without deformation...so I'll be continue o work on JCB fastrac and some tractors that size with 4 equal tire sizes...but I'm looking forward to see your version of Xerion. About 10 years ago I have build Saddle Trac with Powerpuller tires, but it looked to wide with them...your's would probably have much better proportions

Resurrecting again this thread. I’m in the process of building Madoca’s Tatra 813, and I’d like to put on some aftermarket wheels on it. I understand @Blakbird has used some RC4WD ussr military tires on it with success (couldn’t find pics or info on this though) but these are out of production now.

Anyone can suggest some tires that would work for this ? Rims are 42775.

As for @rm8‘s specially built for Lego tires, they are excellent but only come on 1.55”

Thanks in advance!

P.S: do you think these would fit the rims and the Tatra well ? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rc4wd-zt0052-rock-crusher-x-t-1-9-tires/rc-car-products/401737

Edited by MultiDoc

I'm not sure which rim is the 42775. But I guess 15038 rims from 42077 (in red) or from 42070 (in yellow) should fit any 1.9" tires. You can see some budget ones mounted on red rims a few post above. Those are Austar 3020B. You can buy 4 of them (rim included) from Gearbest for less than 15 euros.

The tires are not glued which is a plus if you want to use original lego rims. If not the austar rims can be used with lego with very little modification.

Just need to enlarge a little the mounting hole and force a conical  z12 wheel inside the rim. Then use a pair of pulley 4185 to mount the rim onto the steering hub.

DSC_0269

Edited by fosamax
added picture

Thanks for your input, after reading the whole thread twice and searching online everywhere I finally ordered a set from a UK based shop for   Rock Crusher II X/T 1.9”.

I’ll post any feedback as soon as I install them and test.

Edited by MultiDoc

Recently bought 130 mm huge crawler tires. Standard 56 mm lego rims are too small for them both length- and wide- wise.

Found out that these 8462 tow truck rims are sitting perfect, but they are not wide enough.

32077.png

However used together with 62mm arocs wheels from the other side makes a perfect and strong combo, just enough to hook 8l axle with stop through portal hubs too.

KQ71oSqmdfs.jpg

gXjgRPuxXsQ.jpg

@gate perhaps you could add this wheel together with wheel 70 X 28 futuristic...

Edited by I_Igor

Just received the Rock Crusher II tires made by RC4WD. I installed them on the rims and first impressions are good, they are extremely sticky, no comparison with the Lego counterparts. Now I need to start building my Tatra and will post how they do on it.

13 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@gate perhaps you could add this wheel together with wheel 70 X 28 futuristic...

If only I had these. They might just be perfect here:thumbup:

But I actually like how 62 mm tires sits in there, also providing 3 pins for connection:innocent:

6 minutes ago, gate said:

But I actually like how 62 mm tires sits in there, also providing 3 pins for connection:innocent:

You will know what suits you best... (Just for info; working on my latest project, I have decided not to use 3 points for connection, so I have skipped Xerion hubs)