Thanks for sharing. Is there any chance a lego wheel fits inside ? I know there wiiiide but the inside diameter looks very similar in the pics.

you can kind-of get them on standard rims, but.. its flaky. That was my plan-a, but when they arrived and i tried it, i went to plan-b, which was to bolt the lego centre's in - which works perfectly so i'm totally happy with it. They also locate into portal hubs 3-pins, they go into the 3 not used by bolts, so its not a bad solution.

ps Thanks for merging, makes sense!

Hello Team Thrifty,

I love what you've done with the 42054. Any chance you could send a link to where you purchased the tires/rims and/or the manufacturers information?

Thanks

Yea, the moc itself is only the body panels from 42054, the chassis is totally moc.. i will get round to doing a thread on it and if anyone's interested its there then!

I should also show how i drilled/bolted them up to make them lego compatible. Not difficult, but maybe worth sharing?

Here's some links for them..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-RC-Crawler-Off-Road-2-2-Tires-135mm-2-2-Beadlock-Wheels-Rims-For-RC-Truck-/282742173490?hash=item41d4bf2f32

Those are on a slightly different hub, here's a link for the hubs mine are on.. but i'm sure they can be adapted using the same method that i used.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-2-2-beadlock-wheels-rims-Fit-1-10-RC-4WD-Axial-LOSI-Tamiya-crawler-2-2-Tire-/282411108312?hash=item41c10387d8

This link is the tyres by themselves.. but its expensive buying them seperately

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-RC-2-2-Truck-Monster-Tires-Tyres-Fit-RC-4WD-Axial-Crawler-RPM-2-2-wheel-/172799568802?hash=item283ba82ba2 

Thanks for the links.. I'm in the US but I still may try to get a set.

I can only speak for myself, but I would absolutely love it if you posted a whole thread on your MOC along with your "how-to" on how you adapted the RC rims for Lego.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, robert708 said:

Hi, yes.

Sorry,

I am late with presentation, but working on it. This is product I started to think of 2 years ago, but then decided to do it together with someone who have experince in subject. Then, together with RC4WD.COM we developed this tires based on their 1.9 and 1.55 tires design but special for LEGO wheel (62.2 mm)

b5Xewz4xsG0.jpg8FBd6PC0ipg.jpg

0HuOdlwdFaU.jpge8KpktPdNU0.jpg

u_jtcSs4RyU.jpgMAHS3NIrIhc.jpg

eVtkSMDe2is.jpgeRPUdCtUpZE.jpg

ZWvxl-VocBQ.jpgTZXlZzv2dhI.jpg

Yx_QJTV-1OA.jpgWehS1TwzlrI.jpg

Generally, all tyres are quality alternative for rare 68 mm "Black cat" wheels, but for popular 62.2 mm wheel's rim.

We did two types

1) All terrain - Dirt Grabber (BF goodrich all terrain copy)

2) Mud Terrain - Rock Crusher (BF goodrich mud terrain copy).

This is kinda risky for me and RC4WD that belived me, but told them LEGO Technic guys will love tires. If not - I have to buy all by myslef.

Tyres can be bought at RC4WD.COM and soon at my site EBRICKS.RU with the same price and shipping worldwide.

UIR5O0Ro5sg.jpg

Edited by rm8

@rm8 Great news, and congratulation for the project with such a big name company! :thumbup:

I'm so excited about this. Thanks for your work on this @rm8

Are both tire types available now? I only see the Rock Crusher now.

Edited by Thirdwigg

1 hour ago, agrof said:

@rm8 Great news, and congratulation for the project with such a big name company! :thumbup:

54 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I'm so excited about this. Thanks for your work on this @rm8

Are both tire types available now? I only see the Rock Crusher now.

thank you

yes both available. I did not do photos with dirt grabbers yet

Edited by rm8

OOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! Instant buy for me as soon as my paycheck comes next Friday!

@rm8 Congrats on working with RC4WD! Can you share more about the experience? Or I can wait for your big reveal post.

EDIT: These are perfectly in scale for my Ariel Nomad. Gonna get a set of the Dirt Grabbers for it!

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

Those look really nice - both types!!! And not too expensive either. My only worry are the customs expenses...Shipment is from USA right?

Shipping is from USA now, and soon will be available from Russia. If you are worrying about declared cost - we can discuss it in private chat. Everything is possible.

Edited by rm8

Ordered 4 sets of the dirt grabbers. Narrow and large in diameter. perfekt for me.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:30 AM, rm8 said:

Shipping is from USA now, and soon will be available from Russia. If you are worrying about declared cost - we can discuss it in private chat. Everything is possible.

Are there any distributors within EU? Getting a single set of 2 tyres from US or Russia will hit the customs limit.

1 hour ago, zux said:

Are there any distributors within EU? Getting a single set of 2 tyres from US or Russia will hit the customs limit.

No, no EU resellers.

And some photos of AT wheels.

ml8QuvuXqQE.jpgSy6EZaIU5wo.jpg

m093PnXUyP8.jpgSEOnNx9xhN8.jpg

Compare with 62 and 68  LEGO wheels

vJF-xI19E3E.jpg

gXbW3bG7vRg.jpg

And exmaples for truck builders. @2LegoOrNot2Lego...

XfM-ayLfYgE.jpgdPF2R73noTw.jpg

WXSIyeKDqy4.jpgxOWjaktwjz8.jpg

Please don't buy it right now. I advise you to wait detailed review and take decision on buying then.

For me wheels are perfect for my models: balanced, fit tight, soft rubber with foam but hard enough to hold weight of my models. My relation is still subjective. So, don't be blinded by promo pictures.

This is custom product created to be compatible with LEGO rims. But it was not created according to LEGO rules and standards, not related to TLG.

Edited by rm8

I got my set yesterday .  Super fast shipping in the US.   They fit the rims nice and look great on my Jeep .

Arocs looks really good with that tires :thumbup:

BTW did anyone find 120mm tractor tire  with self cleaning treads like CLAAS tires?

Edited by I_Igor

My RC4WDs are arrived.
42302716221_b7566f4777_c.jpg

42302716831_fda21ac074_c.jpg
The Grip between rim  and Tire is superb, but i think the foam insert should have a smaller inner diameter to fit into the large ringse inside the rim. Actually it feels a bit to soft against sideforces
42302717661_135c60d5b1_c.jpg[
Driving test will follow when i find the time