Those ebay link tires are glued to the rims. I have made the same mistake some years ago. You have to search for the beadlock version.

My new tires have arrived! :grin:

The ones I bought are 115mm (available HERE), as of this post there are 2 (sets of 4) left to buy.

They fit perfectly (after 20 mins putting them on :tongue:) on the 44772 rims.

Some photos:

SAM_1252.JPG

SAM_1253.JPG

SAM_1254.JPG

SAM_1251.JPG

My tires finally arrived!

4x RC 1:10 Rock Crawler Tires 1.9" 108MM 

Thanks to @mocbuild101 for the link, it didn't say it anywhere on the buy page but they do come with foam inserts. took a few weeks to get here but for the price it was fine.

not sure if I have them on the rim right but they work fine. I haven't been able to properly test them yet but based on everyone elses experiences they should be good.

On 1/14/2014 at 7:23 AM, DreamsKnight said:

on the left 42000 rim, on the right the 9398 one. on the right you can see horizontal lines for support (i don't know how to call, apologize me)

TNdDhKvl.jpg

i got the right one with 42000, that is a old rim.

8 hours ago, MRP_ said:

took a few weeks to get here but for the price it was fine.

Yes, buying from China is always cheap but slow :wink:.

The tires look great, and so does your crawler!

And like @Aventador2004 the rims I use are the old type without reinforcement, it is just a matter of finding the right spot (like my tires!).

On 29/04/2017 at 4:46 PM, mocbuild101 said:

They fit perfectly (after 20 mins putting them on :tongue:) on the 44772 rims.

A couple of days ago I got some third party tires from China.

d3de59548453607.jpg 04fa7c548453613.jpg

Some comparison to the Claas tires.  a3c4ed548453617.jpg 128acd548453620.jpg 

Looks nice and suits very good! But smells rubber a little bit...

Edited by Aleh

They look great! And are almost the same size as the Claas tires.

7 hours ago, Aleh said:

But smells rubber a little bit...

Yes, mine do too!

On 5/14/2017 at 5:36 AM, mocbuild101 said:

They look great! And are almost the same size as the Claas tires.

Yes, mine do too!

That is with most common when something is made in China :sadnew:

On 5/7/2017 at 3:48 AM, Aventador2004 said:

i got the right one with 42000, that is a old rim.

The right one is newer rim version. It was a transition time for these rims while 8110, 9398 and 42000 were released, so you can find these sets with both versions.

I couldn't resist huge wheels and tires, so I bought these (130mm (dia) x 56mm (thickness)) and was hoping to be able to put them to good use:

800x1067.jpg

While figuring out how best to adapt to Lego, I realised that their rims' dimension happened to be 61mm (dia) x 50mm (thickness), which is EXTREMELY close to 23800!! Looks like I'll be buying 23800 pretty soon :laugh:.

So, in case any of you guys want to get these tires, they're available here (~$7). Or, if you can read chinese, this (~$2.7) site sells them at even more ridiculous price!! They come with foam inserts, and weighs 133 gram (without rim).

Edited by PorkyMonster

4 hours ago, PorkyMonster said:

I couldn't resist huge wheels and tires, so I bought these (130mm (dia) x 56mm (thickness)) and was hoping to be able to put them to good use:

Those are extremely chunky tires!!!

One question: it that writing on the sides, or just part of the tread?

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Those are extremely chunky tires!!!

One question: it that writing on the sides, or just part of the tread?

Yea... chunky but not hard... i think they can grip well...

Those writings are just H and I repeating throughout, quite meaningless I would say... perhaps just for decoration...

I've bought some none lego tractor tyres and thought i'd share them with everyone.

They're 130mm * 65mm, so pretty big. The standard hub needed modifying as you can see from the pics, but once done, they're 100% compatible and allow some bigger scale MOC's

I've used them on a Claas Axion 960 and used the Xerion tyres for the front wheels. Scale is around 16.5:1 - i'll create a thread for the MOC itself, its fully RC with 4 motors, diff lock, 4x4 with clutch, 3 point linkage front and rear, PTO...

Pics below show the new tyres, and there's a comparison pic next to unimog wheels.

WP_20171222_09_57_19_Pro

WP_20171222_09_56_48_Pro

WP_20171222_09_57_57_Pro

I think this illustrates that there is potential for Lego to make use of larger wheels and tyres than they currently offer.

From my point of view, yeah, these thing are really impressive, bu Lego tires are large enough, even too big, for most of the people that don't usually build MOC. I understand that make a 2m long truck is great, but only fiew AFOL can do such a thing, there is no need to commercialize bigger tyre that what already exist

on a truck i'd agree, but on a tractor for example, fitting in diff lock, 4x4, clutches on both, PF rear 3 point hitch, PF for steering, main drive and pnuematics pump, PTO with a clutch... Which this moc has got, its not really possible at a smaller scale. Using 130mm tyres gives the room needed - but even then, only just. I'll post some pics of it with the wheels off so the density of the functions can been seen.

One thing i would just mention.... they generate a lot of grip, and in turn, a lot of torque in the drive train!! UJ's in particular are vulnerable to being destroyed!!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

One thing i would just mention.... they generate a lot of grip, and in turn, a lot of torque in the drive train!! UJ's in particular are vulnerable to being destroyed!!

This may be a more compelling reason for TLG not to use wheels of this size.