1 hour ago, FX6000 said:

For those who was looking tires on 43.2mm D. x 18mm

http://www.ebay.de/itm/162198869442  

$_57.JPG

Cool! How grippy they are comparing to LEGO 62 mm tires? Are they heavier comparing to 62?

6 hours ago, rm8 said:

Cool! How grippy they are comparing to LEGO 62 mm tires? Are they heavier comparing to 62?

I am waiting for them, soon I will tell you how they are. 

Those tires look really cool, they have good proportions as the 62 ones, i think that these tires would be amazing for off road trucks, they look very cool.

That is really cool, i think these tires will let the people make even better models without using those standard, ugly and fat tires that don´t fit well in some vehicles.

By the way, that Hot Rod looks amazing too.

Edited by ImanolBB

9 minutes ago, ImanolBB said:

That is really cool, i think these tires will let the people make even better models without using those standard, ugly and fat tires that don´t fit well in some vehicles.

By the way, that Hot Rod looks amazing too.

Yep, totally agree with you.

On 30.09.2016 at 1:18 AM, rm8 said:

I made tire comparison 62.4 vs 68.8 vs 73.5 see attached photos.

73.5 a bit stiffer than 62.4 (thicker rubber layer). It is necessary to make a decent effort to put these tires on the wheel. 

Quality of the tires are really good. Would recommend. 

Tire comparison 62.4 vs 73.5Tire comparison 62.4 vs 73.5Tire comparison 62.4 vs 68.8 vs 73.5Tire comparison 62.4 vs 68.8 vs 73.5LEGO Chevrolet K5 Blazer Lifted

Edited by FX6000

On 8/28/2016 at 5:28 AM, Imanol BB said:

I received these tires for Christmas, they are quite sticky, look great, and can climb snow/ice pretty well. :thumbup: (Will test on rocks ASAP) They fit tightly on the 44772 rims, with slight bulging on the sides. Which may help with crawling. I'll try to post pics soon, possibly on a completed crawler. :classic:

On 30-9-2016 at 0:36 AM, nerdsforprez said:

But I tested it today and the Porsche rim is indeed compatible with larger 2.2 tires.

Now.... this obviously ain't pretty.  Porsche rims were not meant to house super swamper tires.  But, there are ways to cover up the spokes for a look that would be more common on truck/crawler type vhicles...

But at least now we haave more options for rims if anyone wants to begin using 2.2 tires more often. 

Does anybody know about other examples of third party tires for the Porsche rims?

For my next build I want to have something that looks like this:

960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Anyone got any tips for some crawler tires that will fit on the medium range rim from lego? 

Now i use the stock tires 81.4 and want a set of crawler tires that will fit?.

I am building Filsawgood's 4x4 red Trial truck and want a more agressive tire on it.

Bas

6 hours ago, BasvanO said:

Anyone got any tips for some crawler tires that will fit on the medium range rim from lego? 

Now i use the stock tires 81.4 and want a set of crawler tires that will fit?.

I am building Filsawgood's 4x4 red Trial truck and want a more agressive tire on it.

Bas

In general:

I haven't seen a lot of info on the tires @efferman and @FX6000 tested, hopefully there is a variety of tires out there with a consistent scale.

This is very useful.  Thanks for the reference.  And just for clarification, the Porsche rims do fit rather well with 2.2 tires, but I have not actually tried them on  a motorized build.  So, with pressure, torque, etc. not sure how the Porsche rim will hold up.  However, these two pieces, interlocked together, work very well on 2.2 tires. 

64712.jpg

I have tried them on multiple builds and they have worked very well. 

Edited by nerdsforprez

On 4/2/2017 at 7:45 PM, nerdsforprez said:

This is very useful.  Thanks for the reference.  And just for clarification, the Porsche rims do fit rather well with 2.2 tires, but I have not actually tried them on  a motorized build.  So, with pressure, torque, etc. not sure how the Porsche rim will hold up.  However, these two pieces, interlocked together, work very well on 2.2 tires. 

64712.jpg

I have tried them on multiple builds and they have worked very well. 

Do you have any pictures of these interlocked? I would like to do a crawler MOC with 2.2 inch tires. Looking at my wheel options. This thread is very helpful! 

I've tried 2 together with a power puller tire over them, defiantly not recommended as they stretched them a little but the 2.2 inch I've tried(sorry no pic) stuck on perfect,

13904955453_1fdea77abd.jpg

I've got a set of rock crawler tires with foam insert on a single drill part, they work great.

16327853476_bd79da9661_z.jpg

All 3 wheel configs( power-puller and 2.2 inch on 2 drill part, and 1.8 on single drill) dragged a 10kg dumbbell. As the drill part has a ring gear built into the back you can drive that (16 tooth gives a 1/3 reduction) instead of the axle the wheel sits on allowing you to make the hubs a little stronger, more compact, turn it into a quick portal axle or just to have a hub cap that doesn't rotate with the wheel, might look good on a super-car. 

9c9248558b.jpg 

Very interesting. Do you have a video about this or possibly an instruction of a layout? Looks like i will most likely be going this route because it really opens up options on axle layout and crawler performance. Thank you for all the information!

9 hours ago, Rooneypower said:

Do you have any pictures of these interlocked? I would like to do a crawler MOC with 2.2 inch tires. Looking at my wheel options. This thread is very helpful! 

Not really.   I do have this small pic:

14253489031_THUMB.jpg

But I can take more pics.  I still have the models.  But @That_LEGO_Guy already posted some good pics really. 

The cogs on the outside of the rims don't allow a perfect, flush, mate between the tire and the rim, but I have found it secure enough.  Driven some models on some pretty rough terrain (videos on my youtube page, if interested) and never had the tire slide off the rims.  Even when going through water.  Driven not just my PF XL motors but very strong pneumatic engine as well.  Like @That_LEGO_Guy this setup has pulled weight with no problem.  No sliding off the rim whatsoever.

14253495156_DISPLAY.jpg

14490568421_DISPLAY.jpg

What i am looking for is a tire that is about 80 to 85 mm in size. I have build Filsawgood's Trialtruck and the 90+mm tires are Just to big and the Fishertechnik tires are more tractor like and i want a crawler type tire. 

The tires from rc4wd in 1.55 size are al rather big, the only tire with the right size is the Baja tire MTZ P3. That one is 84mm but i like the thread of the rock crushers more..

any suggestions??

Hi everyone! I have finally decided to join Eurobricks today :grin: (you might know me from Rebrickable) because I'm having trouble finding/deciding the perfect 1.9" tires and I'm hoping I can find help here.

I do have a few requirements: they must fit on the standard Lego 44772 rims, they must be significantly taller than the 92912   tires (at least 1cm more), the price for 4 including shipping must be less than AU $40 and if possible be tested by someone else.

After a lot of searching and reading I found these:

108mm which look exactly like the Ansmann tires

110mm which seem to be the small Super Swamper tires

and 115mm which I think are the perfect for what I want

I wish I could get these 121mm RC4WD Interco Super Swamper tires but they are too expensive for me.

If you know of any others that meet my requirements please let me know, I hope you can help :classic:.

does anyone have a current llink for those ansmann tires back on page 1? I can't seem to find them anywhere and those old links don't work