Hey folks,

I think I found possible matching tires regarding the 32020 rim (35mm outer diameter without the bigger ridges that run on the inside of the tire).

Value in () is compared to 32019

Hollow tire

Outer dia: 70mm (+ 7,6mm)

Inner dia: 35mm (+/- 0mm)

Width: 22mm (+ 2mm)

http://www.afv-model...roducts_id=3501

Solid tire (don't know if these work)

Outer dia: 76mm (+ 13,6mm)

Width: 24mm (+ 4mm)

http://www.afv-model...roducts_id=1054

I'm fresh out of funding (yeah it's this time of year :wink:) otherwise these could be nice on a slightly bigger version of the Grove GMK6400.

Efferman's LAs should be still fine for that scale (maybe two are even better, oh the funding :cry_sad:) and the crane would look more to scale next to the truck wearing the 32019 that's supposed to pull the trailer with counterweights.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in my head this setup looks gorgeous.

Edited by BiFo

Hey folks,

I think I found possible matching tires regarding the 32020 rim (35mm outer diameter without the bigger ridges that run on the inside of the tire).

Hollow tire

Solid tire (don't know if these work)

Outer dia: 76mm (+ 13,6mm)

Width: 24mm (+ 4mm)

http://www.afv-model...roducts_id=1054

I'm fresh out of funding (yeah it's this time of year :wink:) otherwise these could be nice on a slightly bigger version of the Grove GMK6400.

Efferman's LAs should be still fine for that scale (maybe two are even better, oh the funding :cry_sad:) and the crane would look more to scale next to the truck wearing the 32019 that's supposed to pull the trailer with counterweights.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in my head this setup looks gorgeous.

Thanks BiFo, would love to try these tires out.

Just wondering if you know any North America sources selling these tires? Attempt to buy 2 for 23 EUR to try them out, but the shipping cost is 42 EUR :wacko: ......

Hey folks,

Hollow tire

Would like to see how this tires work with 42009's rims. Please, someone, test it:)))

@probey:

No NA sources yet. The one you found quite possibly will not work.

Outer dia: 65mm (+ 2,6mm)

Inner dia: 32mm (- 3mm)

Width: 17,5mm (- 4,5mm)

The combination of smaller inner diameter and smaller width will stretch the tire too much I guess.

Further to this thread, if anyone is interested in monster truck tyres (as an alternative to the Power Puller tyres), I've discovered that you CAN fit the tyres from a Tamiya Lunchbox / Midnight Pumpkin onto a pair of 44772 rims. I've got some pics but can't figure out how to post them on here without having to upload them to a separate server.

There are only a few problems with this combination of tyre & rim:

1. You have to use two rims due to width of the tyre; this in itself isn't a problem, but pinning the two rims together without ending up with a 0.5L gap between them is a bit of a pain.

2. The bead of the tyres is stretched to it's limit - DON'T do this if you intend to use them on your Lunchbox / Midnight Pumpkin again, as I suspect they will become a bit loose after some time on the 44772's

3. Two 44772s are actually a tiny bit too wide for the tyre, so the sidewall bulges out a little bit in a slightly weird profile.

4. The bead is actually too wide for the 44772s, BUT it still fits due to how tight they are. It takes a bit of messing about to get them to fit on properly.

5. The look isn't exactly as I was hoping for; the rim diameter is too big compared to the overall diameter, so it looks like a very oldschool monster truck wheel from the 80s, rather than the modern trucks where the rim diameter is tiny in comparison.

All of that said, they still look good.

Caveat: the tyres feel very soft and I haven't got as far as mounting them onto a MOC yet, so it may be that they need some foam inners to support the weight of a PF-based MOC. I'm in the process of building a 1/15 Grave Digger with PF motors, so once that's complete I'll report back.

Also I don't know how well they will steer due to the huge width.

Edited by AxeSlash

I've got some pics but can't figure out how to post them on here without having to upload them to a separate server.
It is not really possible to host pictures here on EB, so you have to upload them on some external website/service first. As an example, you could setup Flickr account and use following guide to post your pics.

Hi,

i am not sure, what rim You would like to use, but 2.2 is too big for 9398 wheels. Go for 1.9 size, it will be perfekt.

I own such ones in 96 mm, and work good - look good, cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19f843c9a3

There are 90 and 108 mm versions on the market too.

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item3f38787dfc

$_57.JPG

Edited by agrof

On the 42030 you should use the rim off the 8265 loader and fit a tire with the outer diameter from the tires off the 42030 loader.

On real wheel loaders, the rim is about half the hight off the complete wheel.

That is actually a neat idea. I am curious, how do the tires perform on off-road? Any tire slippage?

I dunno about others..... but a crawler I built a few years ago could never climb this terrain on LEGO tires.

Third-party greatly increase performance. There are hundreds of such videos online demonstrating the same point. I am not sure of any specifically, but I will even bet there are some side-by-side comparisons.

That is actually a neat idea. I am curious, how do the tires perform on off-road? Any tire slippage?

There is no slippage whatsoever :sweet: The only thing is there is no way to mount the portal axles. I am working on that.

I recently found out about some F1 race car moc instructions. Sadly, the prices for the wheels and tires were a lot more than I had anticipated. Are there any tires that will fit with the lego wheel or any wheel/tire combo that is similar in size to the lego wheel?

Wheel 22969 and 44772

22969.jpg

lego_ferrari_312t_10_2010.jpg

The front wheels arent too bad, but holy crap, $40 for rear wheels and tires...

It does put the model in perspective though, i expected the fronts to be small wheels, but they are in fact the wheels on 42000, probably the biggest in my collection

I recently found out about some F1 race car moc instructions. Sadly, the prices for the wheels and tires were a lot more than I had anticipated. Are there any tires that will fit with the lego wheel or any wheel/tire combo that is similar in size to the lego wheel?

Wheel 22969 and 44772

Sadly, those rear wheels and tires are unique. There is nothing else to match them in size and width, and they are perfect for F1 models (in fact that's what they were made for).

Sadly, those rear wheels and tires are unique. There is nothing else to match them in size and width, and they are perfect for F1 models (in fact that's what they were made for).

Thanks! Still can't believe the cost of these two tires/wheels is almost half of what I'm going to be spending on the remaining parts of the build :laugh:

Still worth though

Wow, i bought a few months ago 4 sets of those F1 wheels for just $10. didn't know they cost that much now.

and why is it the cost for the plain tires without print much higher than those with prints?

Wow, i bought a few months ago 4 sets of those F1 wheels for just $10. didn't know they cost that much now.

and why is it the cost for the plain tires without print much higher than those with prints?

The prints dont match what would be on these kinds of MOCs, and wouldnt look right. I also guess that removing the print will probably ruin the look of the tire as well

The 1.55 Dirt grabbers are perfect for what I just finished building, but they are out of stock now :( Has anyone tested any tires in that scale that are also 75mm or less in size?