The closest you'll get are probably these Mickey Thompson tires, which will fit the Power Puller wheels:

Dimensions:

- Outer Diameter: 5.84in / 148.5mm

- Width: 2.29in / 58.2mm

- Inner Diameter: 2.2in / 56mm

Is it possible to put them on wheels from Volvo?

Looking at the outer diamater of almost 15 cm, I think its gonna be a really hard fit for the volvo... Maybe if you remove the mudguards?

EDIT: WOHOO my 4000th post lol

Edited by Zblj

Looking at the outer diamater of almost 15 cm, I think its gonna be a really hard fit for the volvo... Maybe if you remove the mudguards?

EDIT: WOHOO my 4000th post lol

Not ON Volvo set, which I don't have, but on wheels that are yellow only in 42030.

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=15038

However, those tires on Volvo set could look funny

Edited by M_longer

They will fit, but it will be a pretty loose fit (i.e. the tire will not grip the wheel as much), and you'll most likely have a lot of wheel slipping. The best solution for this would probably be to glue the tires, but I'm not sure how much of a purist you are :wink:

I am looking for tires with diameter over 15cm that will fit to LEGO rim. Any ideas?

Do they have to be third party tires?

Do they have to be third party tires?

It seems so. I do not think that LEGO will produce wheels with 15cm diameter :)

We can still keep dreaming though :blush:

We can still keep dreaming though :blush:

It is quite annoying, because I can do two things: build a model on LEGO wheels, but without functions, or buy third party tires and build fully functionall model.

Did you think about building wheels? I am using 14.2 cm wheel for my moc in progress. There is one with 15.2 cm diameter, too.

Are there any good RC tires the size of Power Puller tires?

Scroll back the the first few pages. Plenty of examples mounted on the PP rims.

Any advice on aftermarket rims for 42029 Customized Pickup Truck?

Any 1.55" scale tires should work well. From there, it depends on which tread pattern you like most.

I'm looking for some 1.9 tires for the 42030 Volvo. I currently have a set of Rock Crusher XT's on it but the compound is too soft.

Are the GMade 1901 tires any harder? Or maybe you guys know of something else?

These tires are very soft too.

Ah, good to know!

I purchased some closed cell foam inserts from Crawler Innovations that were suppose to fit the Rock Crusher XT's but there is still a bit of wiggle room inside. They work better than the soft foam that was included but I think something solid would work better. I thought about cutting a piece of plastic conduit or tubing and using that as a filler but that is not ideal of course.

So I searched for the post on third party tires but I could not find it anywhere. I used search terms "third party tires" and others with no luck. I only say that because I know there is a thread out there that deals with this but I could not find it so I apologize for the redundancy. But.....I just got some new tires for Christmas and they are absolutely huge. Yes, they are compared to the tires for the 8110 (unimog). So absolutely huge. I can't wait to drive on them. 2.2 not 1.9.. so I had to be creative with the hubs...but I am happy with the results. This will also allow me to place a planetary gear system in the inside of the hub and significantly slowing my 'mog but increasing the torque. I am adding a video to show how necessary this is, because despite the intense gearing already employed, it needs to be geared down even more. For more details, check out the mog on my mocpages. In my signature block. The mog is already ridiculously geared down.

14195229252_THUMB.jpg

14195229251_THUMB.jpg

I tried different foams and even cut some PVC tubing to fit inside the Rock Crusher XT's but nothing worked. The foam would always end up flat and the tubing worked well but there was a weak spot where the two ends meet.

The best solution I found was to shove the Unimog tires inside :laugh: They actually fit pretty well once you get them in and they keep the sidewalls nice and stiff. I reckon they would be able to support a 12-15 pound MOC without a problem.